Basketball rule changes

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Starting this season the three point line will be moved back to 22 feet,1 3/4 inches from 20 feet ,9 inches. So it's now the same distance as the international line. On an offensive rebound the shot clock will reset to 20 seconds.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:54 pm Starting this season the three point line will be moved back to 22 feet,1 3/4 inches from 20 feet ,9 inches. So it's now the same distance as the international line. On an offensive rebound the shot clock will reset to 20 seconds.
WHEM.... I thought they may move the rim to 12 feet...not sure I would be able to slam anyomre
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

Is that just for the men where we go back to 2 different 3-point lines?
pansdad
Ripple

I am not a great Basketball fan, so my opinion does not count for much. But I think they SHOULD raise the basket so that only the most elite players can dunk.. It would be a whole different game - more like the one I grew up with. Do you think Bob Cousey (sp?) would excel in today's game?
Show Me
Tsunami

pansdad wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:55 pm I am not a great Basketball fan, so my opinion does not count for much. But I think they SHOULD raise the basket so that only the most elite players can dunk.. It would be a whole different game - more like the one I grew up with. Do you think Bob Cousey (sp?) would excel in today's game?
It would hurt smaller players even more. The 3 point shot would be almost impossible.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:19 pm
pansdad wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:55 pm I am not a great Basketball fan, so my opinion does not count for much. But I think they SHOULD raise the basket so that only the most elite players can dunk.. It would be a whole different game - more like the one I grew up with. Do you think Bob Cousey (sp?) would excel in today's game?
It would hurt smaller players even more. The 3 point shot would be almost impossible.
I wonder of today's player could play back when Cousey was playing..Palming/Carrying the Basketball was a violation...Walking with the Basketball was a violation...Three Seconds in the lane was a violation...these are hardly ever called, even in todays college game...throwing of the forearm to create space was an offensive foul, something that is seen on every play going towards the basket in today's game.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:35 am
Show Me wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:19 pm
I wonder of today's player could play back when Cousey was playing..Palming/Carrying the Basketball was a violation...Walking with the Basketball was a violation...Three Seconds in the lane was a violation...these are hardly ever called, even in todays college game...throwing of the forearm to create space was an offensive foul, something that is seen on every play going towards the basket in today's game.....
All true. And it’s why basketball is hardly a team game anymore, especially NBA basketball.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana