TD Fire TJ

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Any news on Big Jew? This is a slam dunk hire for Wazzu. They’ve got their man. It shouldn’t take this long to make it official.

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:45 am Any news on Big Jew? This is a slam dunk hire for Wazzu. They’ve got their man. It shouldn’t take this long to make it official.
;) ;) :lol: :lol:
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:45 am Any news on Big Jew? This is a slam dunk hire for Wazzu. They’ve got their man. It shouldn’t take this long to make it official.
He will destroy it recruiting back to the west coast!!!!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Travis' name is Travis Jewett , not Travis Big Jew .

Show respect , Show Me , you know better .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
ajcalhoun
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:06 pm Travis' name is Travis Jewett , not Travis Big Jew .

"The Big Jew" is a nickname that TJ often uses when referring to himself.

God Bless Everyone!
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:06 pm Travis' name is Travis Jewett , not Travis Big Jew .

Once again you show your ignorance. Big Jew refers to his Twitter handle. Get with the program you troll. I wouldn’t expect you to know that anyway.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Well, here we are the night before regional play and we have to hear about all of the good teams that made the NCAA. For the THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR we, the Green Wave, sit at home! Our Coach, you know his name, has brought us to this point. How sad! Yet, our AD remains silent on this matter. This is so undeserving of Tulane Baseball and of our fans! This coach has run the program into the ground. So, let’s watch the coverage of the BR regional, let’s watch ECU have some fun but most of all, let’s watch our baseball program disintegrate right before our eyes. So sad....
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I have checked the 3 newspapers that cover WSU sports....not one word in any of them, that I could find, regarding the hiring process
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:15 am I have checked the 3 newspapers that cover WSU sports....not one word in any of them, that I could find, regarding the hiring process
They may also be interested in a coach that’s involved in the Regionals. If that’s the case they will have to wait until that team is eliminated.
So hurry up and wait. :lol:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I think at this point that if TJ hasn't been fired or let go, then the only way he isn't our coach next year is if someone else offers him... but I can't imagine any school going after him. He hasn't really done squat here at Tulane. Just my opinion.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:02 am I think at this point that if TJ hasn't been fired or let go, then the only way he isn't our coach next year is if someone else offers him... but I can't imagine any school going after him. He hasn't really done squat here at Tulane. Just my opinion.
TJ may have "squatted" a few times since his arrival..but it has been nothing to build on !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
galvezwave
Swell

Didn’t Dannon give MD a huge vote of confidence late in the season ? TJ didn’t even get that treatment. Hard to tell what’s happening
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:02 am I think at this point that if TJ hasn't been fired or let go, then the only way he isn't our coach next year is if someone else offers him... but I can't imagine any school going after him. He hasn't really done squat here at Tulane. Just my opinion.
He hasn't done squat. But TD will hold off on pulling the trigger, giving TJ a chance to find a life preserver.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

galvezwave wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:46 pm Didn’t Dannon give MD a huge vote of confidence late in the season ? TJ didn’t even get that treatment. Hard to tell what’s happening
Different situations. By the time MD got the vote of confidence it was clear the season was a disaster. As to TJ baseball was winning and near the top of the conference. The losing started late. So I don't think the lack of a vote of confidence signals anything. That said the way the season ended has put the heat on and TJ may well be gone.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Washington St passing on Jewett
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Dang it! I don’t know what else to say. I assume Dannen is not yet ready to fire Jewett so hearing this news is very depressing.
Show Me
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:16 pm Dang it! I don’t know what else to say. I assume Dannen is not yet ready to fire Jewett so hearing this news is very depressing.
Right. I guess that says our program is no better than Washington St. now if they didn’t even want one of their own. We’re stuck for another year. Really bad news for TJ and TD and even worse for TU baseball fans
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Looks like Tulane baseball will spin it's wheels and waste another year. I guarantee that we'll be in the same boat, or worse, this time next year.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:59 am Washington St passing on Jewett
They must have actually ya know picked up the phone and ya know actually ya know talked to TJ. Then had a good laugh at TU’s future.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

So your OWN Alma Mater does not want you as it’s baseball coach! Could it be that you have done NOTHING in your past 3 years as head coach at Tulane? Season ticket sales/renewals will suffer, interest in the program will diminish .....almost impossible to believe that Dannen would allow this .....
Bigschtick
Riptide

[/quote

An opinion likely shared by 95% of those here and on elsewhere forum . I cannot imagine what Washington State must be thinking to look at a coach who has done nothing here to make him attractive to any program. And of course and when it comes to Tulane athletics, we should be so lucky some program would hire away a coach we are all screaming to get fired! I dont see either secenio playing out.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
TulaneTiger
Trickle

This sucks.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

TulaneTiger wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:11 pm This sucks.
Welcome to the board! And great first post. This really blows.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Story was updated to say a source told the Advocate he is definitely coming back:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 9a58b.html