2019 /2020 MBB Non Conference Schedule

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

With our upgraded coaching staff and with our upgraded ballers where is our upgraded OOC schedule ?

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The OOC schedule was set a year or two ago. Get with the program! Some of the pre-conference tournaments are set within the last 6 months, but most OOC games are set before the coaching change and recruiting changes that followed were made. You should know that.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Have you all seen the new PAC12 OOC requirements?

The approved new non-conference scheduling standards include the following elements:

(i) a non-Conference five-year trailing average of opponents’ NET ranking must be 175 or less,

(ii) no participation in road buy games,

(iii) no regular season games against non-Division I opponents and

(iv) no road games versus a non-conference opponent with a five-year trailing average of 200 NET.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... schedules/

It's a step in the right direction and maybe the AAC should consider following some of it if not all of it.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:33 pm The OOC schedule was set a year or two ago. Get with the program! Some of the pre-conference tournaments are set within the last 6 months, but most OOC games are set before the coaching change and recruiting changes that followed were made. You should know that.
Similar to this year's baseball schedule, it was probably designed by Dannen to help Dunleavy get his leg over a .500 record--never expecting the 2018/2019 season meltdown. I don't mind a weak schedule next year--helps Hunter get momentum building.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
nawlinspete
Riptide

Who , other than the previously announced tournament teams , are on our schedule ?

Hope the lack of news does not mean a disappointing schedule .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
HoustonWave
Tsunami

.it probably will be a lame schedule, as we were still trying to prop up the Dunleavy Disaster when it was set up.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I like that we have new terminology- 5 year trailing average. This is to combat the old: “well you never know how good a team will be” and “the schedule is set years in advance”.

Net 200 on the road and 175 at home isnt exactly brutal either. I would love for us to put something like this in place.