2019 AAC Baseball Tourney Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bigschtick
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:17 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:16 pm We have squandered a golden opportunity to sneak into the regionals. At the end of 4, in the early game, Wichita State leads ECU 12-1. ECU about to get run ruled out of the tourney.
Wow
Robert yes, I guess we were, in fact, asking them to much to win one stinking game!

Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Solesky v. Spicer rematch.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:32 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:17 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:16 pm We have squandered a golden opportunity to sneak into the regionals. At the end of 4, in the early game, Wichita State leads ECU 12-1. ECU about to get run ruled out of the tourney.
Wow
Robert yes, I guess we were, in fact, asking them to much to win one stinking game!
We're asking them to win 3 minimum, possibly 4 games. Anything short of winning the AAC tournament is failure. It may be too much to ask of a team that's been consistently inconsistent, with questionable pitching.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game will start at 6;44 CT.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Can anyone post a link? I'm having troubles finding the webcast, have kids distracting me. THANKS!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:18 pm Can anyone post a link? I'm having troubles finding the webcast, have kids distracting me. THANKS!
phpBB [video]
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

3rd base coach ran us out of a potential big 2 out rally. 2-1 UCF going to the bottom of the 5th.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Baserunner ran through coach's stop sign . Bad on Jensen , not the coach .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
TURVS71
Swell

Tell me again why we should NOT fire Jewitt?
Major end of season collapse ...
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Done. Huge opportunity, to win the tournament bumbled away.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: UCF 6, Wave 2

Season over.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:06 pm Tell me again why we should NOT fire Jewitt?
Major end of season collapse ...
Owned by UNO and SELA also.
Tulane Class of 1981
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Absolutely pathetic! We really collapsed the latter half of the season and in the conference tournament. There is no reasonable justification to keep Jewett around any longer.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Sunamiwave wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:16 pm Absolutely pathetic! We really collapsed the latter half of the season and in the conference tournament. There is no reasonable justification to keep Jewett around any longer.
Cincy and WSU improved as the season progressed. We didn’t.
I’m sure we’ll get a complete turnover on our pitching roster next year but until they get here and prove it here I’m not thinking we win anymore games next year. I thought we had enough offensive talent to get a Regional this season but we fell short again for the 3rd year.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Just awful. He's got to go. No excuses.
51WaveBG
High Tide

Let's face the obvious, with a few exceptions, this is a very poor team, starting at the top and going all the way down to the bottom. We need a complete turnover, with TJ being the first to go. Hire a true Head Coach, who will bring in some good
quality asst. coaches and get them to beat the bushes for some real talented players, especially pitchers. This team fell apart
in the last half of the season and a good HC would not have let this happen.
sader24
Tsunami

I don’t know if he would give us the time of day at this point, but it’s time to put together a legitimate package, give him whatever he asks for admissions wise and send the President, AD and whoever else is of importance to shake Gautreaus house and beg him to take the job.
sader24
Tsunami

Or we could just keep on the Conroy plan, schedule Bs teams so we can get 30 wins a season, fall apart at the end and never make a meaningful postseason appearance.
Bigschtick
Riptide

sader24 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:16 am I don’t know if he would give us the time of day at this point, but it’s time to put together a legitimate package, give him whatever he asks for admissions wise and send the President, AD and whoever else is of importance to shake Gautreaus house and beg him to take the job.
There are plenty of talented coaches out there who would want the job!
We do not have to beg anyone including Gautreaus!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Show Me
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:42 am
sader24 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:16 am I don’t know if he would give us the time of day at this point, but it’s time to put together a legitimate package, give him whatever he asks for admissions wise and send the President, AD and whoever else is of importance to shake Gautreaus house and beg him to take the job.
There are plenty of talented coaches out there who would want the job!
We do not have to beg anyone including Gautreaus!
I think sader is just trying to make a point.
They won’t need to beg. However if JG gets an offer in the SEC it will be too late at that point.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

What can u give him admission’s wise? You have 11.7 scholarships and anything behind has to be applied equally to all students, tmk.
I guess you could improve juco standards but again that would have to also be applied to all transfers and not just athletes.
This is way outside the box, but I think that building Turchin (and everything that comes with it) might be the biggest mistake since leaving the SEC. Oh and I am a huge baseball fan and played the game in college.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:04 am
What can u give him admission’s wise? You have 11.7 scholarships and anything behind has to be applied equally to all students, tmk.
I guess you could improve juco standards but again that would have to also be applied to all transfers and not just athletes.
This is way outside the box, but I think that building Turchin (and everything that comes with it) might be the biggest mistake since leaving the SEC. Oh and I am a huge baseball fan and played the game in college.
I’d disagree on building Turchin was a mistake. The old park was destroyed by Katrina. We played at Zephyr for two years. That was a disaster. We built a great baseball program and the new stadium was warranted of which the majority of it was funded by baseball donors in the exact footprint of the old stadium. Having no Turchin would have not done one thing to change the NIMBY’s desire to limit the height and other restrictions of Yulman. The mistake was letting the NIMBYS dictate the height of Yulman. Many would say the bigger mistake was actually leaving the Dome and not building a new arena for basketball where Yulman sits today.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:25 am
I’d disagree on building Turchin was a mistake. The old park was destroyed by Katrina. We played at Zephyr for two years. That was a disaster. We built a great baseball program and the new stadium was warranted of which the majority of it was funded by baseball donors in the exact footprint of the old stadium. Having no Turchin would have not done one thing to change the NIMBY’s desire to limit the height and other restrictions of Yulman. The mistake was letting the NIMBYS dictate the height of Yulman. Many would say the bigger mistake was actually leaving the Dome and not building a new arena for basketball where Yulman sits today.
I guess that’s my point. No turchin allows for a
larger footprint for Yulman so we can do traditional luxury boxes and not these goofy premium only seating. Also allows for easy expansion if the B12 or acc comes asking. Then u have space for a bball arena and even a IPF plus added parking for all students and employees, which is a huge need
I just don’t know that TU baseball will ever be a money maker again. Yet the stadium takes up far and away the most space. I hope I am wrong.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

In regards to teh NIMBY's the only ones who complained lived on Audubon, those on the the north side of Claiborne were concerend with on street parking in front of their homes/houses/abodes for a max of 6 Saturdays per year.....9 households held SC, RD and Tulane hostage..the answer was to build the "enclosed' Glazier club on the west side, it was "grandfathered" in due to the height of exisitng buildings already on campus.....SC, RD and the Tulane Board ignored the legal advice in regards to that building plan...SC, RD and the Tulane Board are soley resposible of the POS that is called Yulman
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:37 am
tpstulane wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:25 am
I guess that’s my point. No turchin allows for a
larger footprint for Yulman so we can do traditional luxury boxes and not these goofy premium only seating. Also allows for easy expansion if the B12 or acc comes asking. Then u have space for a bball arena and even a IPF plus added parking for all students and employees, which is a huge need
I just don’t know that TU baseball will ever be a money maker again. Yet the stadium takes up far and away the most space. I hope I am wrong.
+1,000. And Turchin has a cheap feel to it with the aluminum stands that echo with each step. Tear it down and put the IPF and new Arena on that space. Build a new baseball complex on Jefferson Highway--most the baseball fans drive to the games anyway.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana