Wave lands deep snapper

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
gbgreenie
Surge

Matt Smith
6'1"
220lbs

JUCO CARDEN CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
FAYETTEVILLE, GEORGIA
COMMITTED TO TULANE
ACT/SAT
NA

GPA

BENCH
320 LBS

40 YD DASH
4.7 SEC

Matt is a D1 bounce back from the University of South Alabama and is now at Garden City CC. He was struggling with snap speed and consistency, but after a few tweaks and consistent work he is now snapping the best he ever has! Matt is a very hard worker and is developing his craft every day. – Coach Stelter

chain gang x man
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:55 pm Matt Smith
6'1"
220lbs

JUCO CARDEN CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
FAYETTEVILLE, GEORGIA
COMMITTED TO TULANE
ACT/SAT
NA

GPA

BENCH
320 LBS

40 YD DASH
4.7 SEC

Matt is a D1 bounce back from the University of South Alabama and is now at Garden City CC. He was struggling with snap speed and consistency, but after a few tweaks and consistent work he is now snapping the best he ever has! Matt is a very hard worker and is developing his craft every day. – Coach Stelter
Tulane offered DE Noah Taliancich who also is a deep snapper. He is working with ex Tulane kicker Ryan Rome
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:44 am
Tulane offered DE Noah Taliancich who also is a deep snapper. He is working with ex Tulane kicker Ryan Rome
Good! Competition at the position can only be good. We've had issues with the snap/hold/kick sequence for a number of years now.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually D that part of the operation has been smoothed out since we got Eatherly. As we talked about elsewhere the PK is still an issue.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:50 pm Actually D that part of the operation has been smoothed out since we got Eatherly. As we talked about elsewhere the PK is still an issue.
I consider all three a unit. Until we consistently make anything under 40 yards, and are 60% or better from 41-55, the unit is not getting the job done. The last long kick that I saw a Tulane kicker put through the uprights was the opening kickoff at Yulman (and it was off a T, no snap/hold!)

But you're right in that the snap/hold has seemed to be better. We just need to make the damned kicks. I think we were cursed when we signed a punter named Block. (Sarcasm flag is waving!)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:03 pm
winwave wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:50 pm Actually D that part of the operation has been smoothed out since we got Eatherly. As we talked about elsewhere the PK is still an issue.
I consider all three a unit. Until we consistently make anything under 40 yards, and are 60% or better from 41-55, the unit is not getting the job done. The last long kick that I saw a Tulane kicker put through the uprights was the opening kickoff at Yulman (and it was off a T, no snap/hold!)

But you're right in that the snap/hold has seemed to be better. We just need to make the damned kicks. I think we were cursed when we signed a punter named Block. (Sarcasm flag is waving!)
Sorry I should have been clearer. I was only talking about the snap and hold. Clearly we agree about the kicking aspect of it. At this point the first two parts are good so the kicking issues are strictly on the kicker.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:34 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:03 pm

Sorry I should have been clearer. I was only talking about the snap and hold. Clearly we agree about the kicking aspect of it. At this point the first two parts are good so the kicking issues are strictly on the kicker.
We're on the same page (for a change that the rest of the board welcomes, I"m sure!) I just want to have the kicking game be almost automatic inside 40 and better than 50/50 from 41-55 yards. We were spoiled with our years in the Dome attracting great kickers from Eddie Murray to Cairo Santos and all those that came in between! It seems like we've been at the bottom half of D1 since moving out of the Dome, paying back for those years of the great kicking game we enjoyed.