Tulane FB “a program to watch”

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It was LSU Law Greenie. Here's the content of his post:

So I was curious how many actual seats are in Yulman Stadium so I took the time to add it up and here goes...

The upper deck (Westfeltd) has 3,027
The bottom deck of the home side (Home side under Westfeltd) has 3,307
The rest of the stadium from student section to family section has 16,326.

GRAND TOTAL IS 22,660

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As to the West side it is only larger in the corners. It is smaller then the east in between the end zones.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:50 pm It was LSU Law Greenie. Here's the content of his post:

So I was curious how many actual seats are in Yulman Stadium so I took the time to add it up and here goes...

The upper deck (Westfeltd) has 3,027
The bottom deck of the home side (Home side under Westfeltd) has 3,307
The rest of the stadium from student section to family section has 16,326.

GRAND TOTAL IS 22,660
Thank you.

The West side is considerably larger than the East side. As I've said, if we want to mirror the East, it's 3000 seats. If we want to cover 2/3 or 3/4 of the West with an upper deck, it's closer to 10k than 3k. For example, section 119 is larger than any two combined on the East.

I'm done arguing seating in Yulman, but I appreciate your posts which support my original and follow up posts. This argument was old when it was GreenWave arguing. It's old a few posts into it and a serious thread drift anyway.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Except it's not. His numbers show that. It's small in the middle and larger on the ends. As to those end seats they are bad seats which is why those secttions sit either completely empty most games on both ends or have literally a dozen or fewer people in them. Instead of 3,000 you might end up with 5- 6,000 there. Just not a significant difference.
Citypark
Ripple

When the new stadium was being discussed many people laughed when I put a huge sign in front of my Lakeview home which stated the following:

SEEK BIG TIME FOOTBALL NOT A SMALL TIME STADIUM

I am sad to say as a lifetime fan with a degree from Tulane that our problem is irrelevance. The one hope to regain relevance is the BigXII. If that long-shot occurs, Yulman (as I predicted) becomes a white elephant because most of our games will have to be played in the Dome.

The same could be said about the millions wasted on renovating Devlin from 5,500 to 3,400. We will be downtown!!
posse
High Tide

Citypark wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:15 pm When the new stadium was being discussed many people laughed when I put a huge sign in front of my Lakeview home which stated the following:

I am sad to say as a lifetime fan with a degree from Tulane that our problem is irrelevance. The one hope to regain relevance is the BigXII. If that long-shot occurs, Yulman (as I predicted) becomes a white elephant because most of our games will have to be played in the Dome.

The same could be said about the millions wasted on renovating Devlin from 5,500 to 3,400. We will be downtown!!
Totally agree with your evaluation....It amazes me how many " common sense" and "no brainer" athletic decisions were ignored over the past 55 years that I have followed Tulane.

Need to have consistent winning programs to get a sniff from the Big 12. I 'm still not sure Tulane is totally committed to do what it needs to do to be that successful, although they have taking some steps in that direction.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

posse wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:04 pm
Citypark wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:15 pm When the new stadium was being discussed many people laughed when I put a huge sign in front of my Lakeview home which stated the following:

Totally agree with your evaluation....It amazes me how many " common sense" and "no brainer" athletic decisions were ignored over the past 55 years that I have followed Tulane.

Need to have consistent winning programs to get a sniff from the Big 12. I 'm still not sure Tulane is totally committed to do what it needs to do to be that successful, although they have taking some steps in that direction.
Right On!

Some steps, but are we really going all out to be in the last round of separation of the haves vs. have-nots? If it's the top 64 that make it into the ultimate shake up we have little to no chance. If it's the top 80, we're on life support. We need to do more. Academics and geography will not be enough if the final shakeout takes place in the 2023-2025 timeframe when most ESPN "P" contracts expire

We gotta win and win now and year in and year out. Force the Admin to grow the stadium, play games downtown (both sports that conferences would use as a measure) because we've gotten good enough to warrant them being moved.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:16 pm Screw the NIMBYS. They bought their houses knowing where they were located, and one councilwoman took up the cause with the NIMBY's and forced CowDick into changing the plans, rather than fight with the neighbors. We should have used our weight politically and forced them into something a whole lot better than what we got.

I strongly question the 3000 seat number some are throwing around for a West side upper deck. The West side seats a lot closer to 10k than 3k, and if you go double deck it's going to pick up more than 3000 seats. If you do a smaller upper deck more for visual sake, that mirrors the upper level on the East side, you might only get 3000. But there's a whole lot more space between the front row and the last row on the West than there is on the East.

It's all a pipe dream until we start selling out the small stadium we have.
Yup. Build it and let their lawyers come at TU. This university is a huge part of the city both locally and nationally. Time to flex some muscle.