Beach VB coach out

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wayne Holly steps down from Beach VB today.
He went 109-77 over 6 years.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/4 ... coach.aspx

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

When Dannen says essentially - thank you for your service, we'll now try to be one of the top teams in the country - one gets the idea there was some force behind the resignation.
Any word on the golf coach? Lord that is a disaster.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:37 pm When Dannen says essentially - thank you for your service, we'll now try to be one of the top teams in the country - one gets the idea there was some force behind the resignation.
Any word on the golf coach? Lord that is a disaster.
I get the idea that both were forced out. Both were RD hires that probably hadn’t won enough recently. However I would have kept RD holdover Terri Sisk from a few years ago. I thought she had things going in the right direction for Women’s tennis. Just a guess but I predict two females will end up filling those new coaching spots.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
localvb
High Tide

This is very unfortunate. Wayne is a great coach. After 6 years with the worst pay and worst budget in the conference it has paid its toll. The program was in the top 20 the past 3 years. This year injuries knocked them out of the top 20. Tulane lost a great one. Not sure what is expected with no support and leasing terrible off campus courts. Expectations should match the investment. Holly clearly exceeded.
wave97
Swell

We're compliant, right?
Our toes touch the line.
Live and die by Title 9 regulatory authority.
DrBox
Riptide

I would suspect that the #1 volleyball coach gave at least an okay on this. If so, so be it.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:36 pm Wayne Holly steps down from Beach VB today.
He went 109-77 over 6 years.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/4 ... coach.aspx
A 59% cumulative winning percentage How does that compare to Jewett's cumulative winning percentage?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

localvb wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:37 pm This is very unfortunate. Wayne is a great coach. After 6 years with the worst pay and worst budget in the conference it has paid its toll. The program was in the top 20 the past 3 years. This year injuries knocked them out of the top 20. Tulane lost a great one. Not sure what is expected with no support and leasing terrible off campus courts. Expectations should match the investment. Holly clearly exceeded.
It would be interesting for Tulane to track a "cost per win" statistic, for all sports, and for all AAC teams. While It wouldn't justify Tulane's historical lack of investment model, it would enable us to get a better handle on which coaches perform and which coaches don't perform, within Tulane's self-imposed limitations.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana