Best in State

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
DaveBrownStreak
Low Tide
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:39 am
Status: Offline

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:18 pm

So, is Tulane Baseball the best in the state as of now?


User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3024
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:20 pm

La Tech probably.
They swept Southeastern and are 2-0 vs ULL.
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:04 am

Show Me wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:20 pm
La Tech probably.
They swept Southeastern and are 2-0 vs ULL.
What, SLU rpi 103 & ULALA rpi 109? :confused:
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5345
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:39 am

LSU is top ten or close in most RPI’s. Jeez, some of u need to get a grip on reality.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18476
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am

I’d like to see a tournament determine it. Call it the “Louisiana Challenge”.
Invite Tulane, LSU, UNO, ULL, SELA and La Tech to play in a weekend 2 bracket series with the winner of each side meet for the title.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am

tpstulane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am
I’d like to see a tournament determine it. Call it the “Louisiana Challenge”.
Invite Tulane, LSU, UNO, ULL, SELA and La Tech to play in a weekend 2 bracket series with the winner of each side meet for the title.
'Dem T-i-g-g-g-e-r-s would never agree to such a thing. :shakingno:
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18476
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Wave755 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am
I’d like to see a tournament determine it. Call it the “Louisiana Challenge”.
Invite Tulane, LSU, UNO, ULL, SELA and La Tech to play in a weekend 2 bracket series with the winner of each side meet for the title.
'Dem T-i-g-g-g-e-r-s would never agree to such a thing. :shakingno:
Or they’d want 90% of the gate.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:47 pm
Wave755 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am
I’d like to see a tournament determine it. Call it the “Louisiana Challenge”.
Invite Tulane, LSU, UNO, ULL, SELA and La Tech to play in a weekend 2 bracket series with the winner of each side meet for the title.
'Dem T-i-g-g-g-e-r-s would never agree to such a thing. :shakingno:
Or they’d want 90% of the gate.
And, all tv rights too! :lol:
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18476
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:34 pm

Wave755 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 pm
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:47 pm
Wave755 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am
I’d like to see a tournament determine it. Call it the “Louisiana Challenge”.
Invite Tulane, LSU, UNO, ULL, SELA and La Tech to play in a weekend 2 bracket series with the winner of each side meet for the title.
'Dem T-i-g-g-g-e-r-s would never agree to such a thing. :shakingno:
Or they’d want 90% of the gate.
And, all tv rights too! :lol:
Oh yea! :lol:
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 1721
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 pm

Wave755 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am
I’d like to see a tournament determine it. Call it the “Louisiana Challenge”.
Invite Tulane, LSU, UNO, ULL, SELA and La Tech to play in a weekend 2 bracket series with the winner of each side meet for the title.
'Dem T-i-g-g-g-e-r-s would never agree to such a thing. :shakingno:
Southern beat LSU last week and have been known for upsetting major division 1 teams along with winning a few conference championships. I would invite them as well. Hell, I would bring in all so called division I teams in Louisiana for a challenge.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18476
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:27 am

Wave QB wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 pm
Wave755 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am
I’d like to see a tournament determine it. Call it the “Louisiana Challenge”.
Invite Tulane, LSU, UNO, ULL, SELA and La Tech to play in a weekend 2 bracket series with the winner of each side meet for the title.
'Dem T-i-g-g-g-e-r-s would never agree to such a thing. :shakingno:
Southern beat LSU last week and have been known for upsetting major division 1 teams along with winning a few conference championships. I would invite them as well. Hell, I would bring in all so called division I teams in Louisiana for a challenge.
Can’t forget Nicholls St and ULM either.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8604
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:05 am

tpstulane wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:27 am
Wave QB wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 pm
Wave755 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am
I’d like to see a tournament determine it. Call it the “Louisiana Challenge”.
Invite Tulane, LSU, UNO, ULL, SELA and La Tech to play in a weekend 2 bracket series with the winner of each side meet for the title.
'Dem T-i-g-g-g-e-r-s would never agree to such a thing. :shakingno:
Southern beat LSU last week and have been known for upsetting major division 1 teams along with winning a few conference championships. I would invite them as well. Hell, I would bring in all so called division I teams in Louisiana for a challenge.
Can’t forget Nicholls St and ULM either.
this is not difficult...invite everyone but lsu....show them how irrelevant they can truly be...LaLaf, Tulane, Nicholls, SELA and LaTech would fill the stands, since most of their fans are the ones who support lsu...U keep bending over and U keep getting the shaft, when will one ever learn
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
swampnik
High Tide
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 am
Location: Paris, France et NOLA
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:25 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:27 am
Wave QB wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 pm
Wave755 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am
I’d like to see a tournament determine it. Call it the “Louisiana Challenge”.
Invite Tulane, LSU, UNO, ULL, SELA and La Tech to play in a weekend 2 bracket series with the winner of each side meet for the title.
'Dem T-i-g-g-g-e-r-s would never agree to such a thing. :shakingno:
Southern beat LSU last week and have been known for upsetting major division 1 teams along with winning a few conference championships. I would invite them as well. Hell, I would bring in all so called division I teams in Louisiana for a challenge.
Can’t forget Nicholls St and ULM either.
Also invite Delgado but not Nunez. lol
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1982
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:33 pm

swampnik wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:25 pm
tpstulane wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:27 am
Wave QB wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 pm
Wave755 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am
I’d like to see a tournament determine it. Call it the “Louisiana Challenge”.
Invite Tulane, LSU, UNO, ULL, SELA and La Tech to play in a weekend 2 bracket series with the winner of each side meet for the title.
'Dem T-i-g-g-g-e-r-s would never agree to such a thing. :shakingno:
Southern beat LSU last week and have been known for upsetting major division 1 teams along with winning a few conference championships. I would invite them as well. Hell, I would bring in all so called division I teams in Louisiana for a challenge.
Can’t forget Nicholls St and ULM either.
Also invite Delgado but not Nunez. lol
How about inviting the Angola prison baseball team. Will Wade may be coaching.

In any case, I may be driving to the tournament with license plates made by the former LSU basketball coach.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18476
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:39 pm

Back to the topic. Looks like UNO at this point. LSU loses another midweek game to an instate opponent.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:56 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:39 pm
Back to the topic. Looks like UNO at this point. LSU loses another midweek game to an instate opponent.
Yep, and it was the Wally Pontiff Classic, too.
Final: ULALA 6, LSWho 5.
Post Reply