Spring Game

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
CatchtheWave
Trickle

Who's going? Weather should be decent so let's pack Yulman!

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I hope to hear some good analysis & recaps from those who attend !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I will catch it on PPV
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I went last year when I was down for French Quarter Fest. There were maybe 200 people there outside of the coaches and officials. The Glazer club is open to all, and they put a nice spread and some drinks out gratis!

It was much more of a practice than a game. There were many plays without the D rushing. Special teams had no lines on either side of the ball. Other programs run their spring game more competitively with white vs dark teams. It seemed that we were simply running competitive drills, not even close to 7 on 7 games. But you will see some players stand out, as last year Dauphine's speed was very apparent in the "game".
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This year they are only going to be playing a half. Most of the starters will only play a series or two. There will be some kicking game done before the scrimmage. During the scrimmage if there's a situation that calls for a punt only the punter and snapper will go out to kick and there will be a return man to field it.

Last year some of the beer vendors from the baseball game came over to sell in the stadium. Last year's game was also scheduled for 10 but got moved to the evening because of rain in the morning. It should be scheduled at 7 from the beginning and they should have some vendors selling . I plan on being there and giving my report as usual.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

https://wwl.radio.com/media/audio-chann ... pring-game

Interview with Coach Fritz about the spring game. He spoke highly of Christian Daniels, Willie Langham and Toles.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:10 pm This year they are only going to be playing a half. Most of the starters will only play a series or two. There will be some kicking game done before the scrimmage. During the scrimmage if there's a situation that calls for a punt only the punter and snapper will go out to kick and there will be a return man to field it.

Last year some of the beer vendors from the baseball game came over to sell in the stadium. Last year's game was also scheduled for 10 but got moved to the evening because of rain in the morning. It should be scheduled at 7 from the beginning and they should have some vendors selling . I plan on being there and giving my report as usual.
Big fan of your reports. They are often spot on!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I second that I greatly enjoy your annual report. It always provides a necessary dose of reality. But hey atleast we don’t have to worry about special teams being an absolute disaster