Tulane Upset over Auburn ?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:30 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:33 am
winwave wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:20 pm It would be a signature win and one we sorely need. Even 98 didn't have that. It was a collective body of work for them. As for WF leaving I hope we encounter that worry at the end of the year. If we do I think we keep him. The Kansas and K-State jobs both got filled. He'll be almost 60. If he does leave we'll have Will Hall sitting there. It's all good.
All good points. We need to keep working to shake the Tulane mentality of fearing the consequences of success. Even if the P5 comes after Fritz, I’m not so sure he’ll bite. His removal of Ruse suggests that he really wants to win here, and he’s smart enough to know if he goes to a P5 he’ll constantly be under pressure. If he keeps winning here, he’ll be a legend long after he retires, and would be a good candidate to replace Dannen, if needed. All that has to look pretty good when your 60 years old. A key question is how much WF and his family enjoy living in N.O.? Lastly, I’m hopeful that Fitts and Dannen could line up some well heeled alums to match the P5 money that WF might attract. In the meantime, onward and upward for our football program.
By all accounts WF and his wife really like it here.
👍👍👍. That’s very good to hear. As one ages, where you live becomes increasingly important. By the time you are in your 60’s, as I am, you better get to wherever it is you want to be.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
GreenLantern
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:14 am
winwave wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:30 pm By all accounts WF and his wife really like it here.
👍👍👍. That’s very good to hear. As one ages, where you live becomes increasingly important. By the time you are in your 60’s, as I am, you better get to wherever it is you want to be.
And by the time you get in your 70s, as I am, it's a privilege to be anywhere. (But I still enjoy looking at the sexy underwear ads that appear in the banners and sidebars on gotula.net. :)