Tulane Comes Back To Win The WSU Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Preview:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/4 ... eries.aspx

Friday's game is on Cox locally and it's also on ESPN3.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The little things:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 752f7.html

Hate to see that Ty Johnson might be out for the year. They said it was really bad when it happened which is why it never made sense to not just have the surgery as soon as it happened.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tonight's game will be at 7. There will be a DH tomorrow at 2 and 6:30.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Well, it looks like the Jewitt Jinx is setting in. This could be a season crushing loss..Here we go ...enjoy the ride down!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Wow.

This is bad, real bad.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I left the game with 2 outs in the 9th, and a 6 run lead. I said, “even a Jewett team
can’t lose this”. This game will prove to
be a season-killer. Tulane baseball fans will be talking about this meltdown for years.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Profoundwizard
Swell

I’m not even surprised
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Disgusting. Just disgusting.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:53 pm I left the game with 2 outs in the 9th, and a 6 run lead. I said, “even a Jewett team
be a season-killer. Tulane baseball fans will be talking about this meltdown for years.
Same here. I left with two outs in the 9th. Here’s the crazy part. I drove from Uptown all the way to Mandeville before we finally got the third out. Absolutely brutal. Graff felt it coming. He said folks we have a “5 alarm fire” when the score was still 11-7 and we couldn’t get that 27th out.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

It is painfully obvious that Jewett has no business running a D1 program.
Profoundwizard
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:32 am It is painfully obvious that Jewett has no business running a D1 program.
Some of us caught on quicker than others.
I was first. Not to brag
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/04/tul ... n-9th.html

I counted 33 “ya know”’s in 3:30 of tape. It is somewhat of a cliche at this point but it is truly a total embarrassment, especially when u add in the results on the field.
This was a #1 ranked program who is eating up precious acres.
Show Me
Tsunami

Probably the worst loss I’ve seen since Baylor’s comeback win in the 2005 CWS. Of course you can’t compare that with this one as far as importance goes. Dannen Is going to have to fire the baseball coach he hired 3 years ago. He’s now missed on both his original basketball and baseball hires. Not good. Devastating loss.
TJ has a bad habit of pulling his pitcher early in the game just to get a lefty/lefty or righty/righty matchup. This drives me crazy. The opposition usually just inserts a pinch hitter to counter his pitching move and now we’re down a pitcher.
Good guy but not a good HC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:10 am
HoustonWave wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:53 pm I left the game with 2 outs in the 9th, and a 6 run lead. I said, “even a Jewett team
Same here. I left with two outs in the 9th. Here’s the crazy part. I drove from Uptown all the way to Mandeville before we finally got the third out. Absolutely brutal. Graff felt it coming. He said folks we have a “5 alarm fire” when the score was still 11-7 and we couldn’t get that 27th out.
When Graff used that term “5 alarm fire”, my young grandson, who was with me, asked “why don’t they call 9-1-1?” The only response I could give him was “because our AD won’t give us the phone.”
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bigschtick
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:32 am It is painfully obvious that Jewett has no business running a D1 program.
I second that!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I have no words, ya know
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
express
Ripple

Was watching on ESPN3, turned it off after the 8th thinking it was a done deal. Woke this am and thought “that score had to be a mistake” . Then I found out it all happened after we had two outs. What the hell!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

express wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:11 am Was watching on ESPN3, turned it off after the 8th thinking it was a done deal. Woke this am and thought “that score had to be a mistake” . Then I found out it all happened after we had two outs. What the hell!
i have faith, that when all is said and done, more will be said, than done and Jewett will have Tulane in the Final 4
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just watched the replay. Grabbed a screenshot about when I left last night.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

I never played sports competitively other than Little League. What I don't understand is, what happened? How can a pitcher strike out 3 of the first four batters and be one out away, then all of a sudden he can't find the plate? After the double, Pellerin walked 3 straight batters on a total of 13 pitches. Is it THAT hard to throw strikes when you have a six run lead? LET THEM HIT IT. At least one is bound to be right at someone and end the game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's what everybody left in the stands was yelling at him. Unbelievable.
TURVS71
Swell

Good teams find a way to win; Bad teams find a way to lose!
You figure it out!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Bigschtick
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:23 am Good teams find a way to win; Bad teams find a way to lose!
You figure it out!!
But it almost always is the story at Tulane where athletics are pretty much a joke.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Aegis
High Tide

Well we have a pitching staff with no nuts and a clueless coach. Sorry but don’t think Mr. Jewett is the answer.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

You have to put at least some of the blame on our pitching coach. Latham should have found a way to settle the pitching down enough to get the final out.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V