Tulane Whips ULL 7-3

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

Warren Nolan now has our RPI 89, ULALA 100. ULALA is 10-11 after defeating Northwestern State last night.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:18 pm Warren Nolan now has our RPI 89, ULALA 100. ULALA is 10-11 after defeating Northwestern State last night.
Running out of good opportunities to boost it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

+1, this thread is not exactly "teaming" with interest, to say the least. :-D

And, let’s hope Krishna Raj is on tonight and when the game is over we will all be singing:

Hare Krishna
Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna
Hare Hare
Hare Rama
Hare Rama
Rama Rama
Hare Hare

Raj, ;) this post is meant with both affection and good will for all of our Green Wave players.

And, Roll Wave Roll!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:17 pm
Wave755 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:18 pm Warren Nolan now has our RPI 89, ULALA 100. ULALA is 10-11 after defeating Northwestern State last night.
Hopefully the conference can help with that.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:55 pm
tpstulane wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:17 pm
Hopefully the conference can help with that.
UCSB now has a RPI of 6, so getting swept by them doesn’t sting as much but a damn shame we couldn’t win at least one game.
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: Wave 7, ULALA 3 :D

Raj gives up 3 runs & 5 hits in 5.1 innings. Whalen, Campbell, Johnson & Pellerin shut down ULALA for the rest of the way.

And, Hoese & Haskin homer for Wave.
Last edited by Wave755 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Bullpen was very effective tonight (Campbell, Johnson &. Pellerin).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nice night at the ballpark. Cool temp with no wind. Glad we got an early lead because their fans are just as bad as LSwho fans. Raj is fun to watch. He's having control issues like others on the staff but he's the only one who can field the position. Our outfield D is bad too. The pen did come through. Hoese continues to hit well and the freshman Haskin is also hitting it well.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:34 pm Nice night at the ballpark. Cool temp with no wind. Glad we got an early lead because their fans are just as bad as LSwho fans. Raj is fun to watch. He's having control issues like others on the staff but he's the only one who can field the position. Our outfield D is bad too. The pen did come through. Hoese continues to hit well and the freshman Haskin is also hitting it well.
Frankie killing it also
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yep. Should have been mentioned.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:18 pm Yep. Should have been mentioned.
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Highwave
Low Tide

Interesting take from the local rag. No mention of TU leaving 9 men on base. And Cantrelle continued his hot streak? He went 1-for-5 with 2 strikeouts.

You’d swear ULL let that game slip away. In reality it was a fairly thorough beat down from start to finish.

Sorry for the rant- just tired of the cr@p put out by the advertiser. It’s slant is on par with The Advocate/LSU.
tufinal4
High Tide

RPI now 80, SOS 66. RPI help is indeed backloaded, home vs USF 65, UCF 18, UConn 21, road vs ECU 52, Hou 69. Win 70% overall and continue midweek success (currently undefeated) and RPI should be fine.
Pepper
Swell

RPI this early is a joke. I looked at our conference opponents schedules so far and pretty much everybody is the same. Some of these rankings are on reputation.
I like the way we are playing right now. Way better in all phases than last year.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Pepper wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:27 am RPI this early is a joke. I looked at our conference opponents schedules so far and pretty much everybody is the same. Some of these rankings are on reputation.
I like the way we are playing right now. Way better in all phases than last year.
RPI is a formula. There are no biases. It’s calculated the same for everyone.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Local take:

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/03/tul ... yette.html

As Highwave said above we had this game from beginning to end.
anEngineer
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:33 am
Pepper wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:27 am RPI this early is a joke. I looked at our conference opponents schedules so far and pretty much everybody is the same. Some of these rankings are on reputation.
I think the point is that not enough games have been played for the formula to really work. C'mon. Losing a single game when you have only played 10 has a lot more impact than losing that single game when you have played 30..
Pepper
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:02 am
I think the point is that not enough games have been played for the formula to really work. C'mon. Losing a single game when you have only played 10 has a lot more impact than losing that single game when you have played 30..
way too early.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No doubt you have to wait till at least 30 games in to really start paying attention to RPI.
Profoundwizard
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:02 am
Being too early has nothing to do with saying “some of these rankings are on reputation”. That’s just false.
Pepper
Swell

So when the 1st ranking comes out, is there really enough formula to determine how good a team is? No, it's why the SEC has all 14 teams stacked at the top. It is based on reputation (last year's record, players coming back, etc). Point I was trying to make is I believe we should be higher ranked than what the rpi says. Agree to disagree.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Pepper wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:28 pm So when the 1st ranking comes out, is there really enough formula to determine how good a team is? No, it's why the SEC has all 14 teams stacked at the top. It is based on reputation (last year's record, players coming back, etc). Point I was trying to make is I believe we should be higher ranked than what the rpi says. Agree to disagree.
Nope, last year’s record isn’t a part of the formula. Returning players also not taken into account.
It’s true that there’s not enough information for the RPI to have any value after 1 game but that’s just like anything else, there’s just not enough information.
Tulane’s RPI isn’t good because we have played too many really bad teams and lost 5/6 against the really good teams. Pretty simple.
Beating George Washington, Texas Southern, Lamar, Dartmouth, St Joes etc. does not benefit you because they’re so bad. There’s no reason to schedule teams that bad. Houston Baptist is another team that can only hurt our RPI
Wave755
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:49 pm
Pepper wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:28 pm So when the 1st ranking comes out, is there really enough formula to determine how good a team is? No, it's why the SEC has all 14 teams stacked at the top. It is based on reputation (last year's record, players coming back, etc). Point I was trying to make is I believe we should be higher ranked than what the rpi says. Agree to disagree.
Nope, last year’s record isn’t a part of the formula. Returning players also not taken into account.
It’s true that there’s not enough information for the RPI to have any value after 1 game but that’s just like anything else, there’s just not enough information.
Tulane’s RPI isn’t good because we have played too many really bad teams and lost 5/6 against the really good teams. Pretty simple.
Beating George Washington, Texas Southern, Lamar, Dartmouth, St Joes etc. does not benefit you because they’re so bad. There’s no reason to schedule teams that bad. Houston Baptist is another team that can only hurt our RPI
Right now UCSB has a RPI of 7, Ole MIss 39. A few calls one may or the other and we would have won the Ole Miss series. We lost game two to UCSB 8 to 7. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/rpi-live