Great Fear The Wave Interview with OC Will Hall

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Very good Interview, I recommend everyone listen to it. A lot of energy and sounds like a great guy.

Touches on many interesting topics, including that the weight room is a big deal. Very candid that the weight room was embarrassing and a major weakness on the recruiting trail but that he believes the new renovation will make it strength.

Mentions what offenses he respects and emulates (Norte Dame, Nebraska/UCF under Frost) and says the offense line should be a good group (phew, that will help me sleep better at night).

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-774038550 ... -will-hall

Or you can subscribe on ITunes or Spotify to FeartheWave

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This is a great interview, thanks for posting the link. I wonder what Coach Hall was thinking when he said we've been "really strong in the kicking game." We had a mention of Keon Howard! Coach said he's got a "really good chance to be a good player" here. Definitely thinks there's talent that needs to be developed on the O line.

This should be a very fun season. I can't wait for it to get here.

(Mods: Can you update the Kickoff Countdown clock to reflect the Thursday night kickoff? THANKS!)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yeah the kicking comment was a little strange. He definitely likes Justin Mc, but is super high on Keon. The Yards per attempt vs total yards philosophy is interesting, but he definitely sound like a Fritz Student when it comes to turnovers. No mention of WR’s, but a lot of excitement with such a deep stable of RB’s.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link. Really enjoyed hearing his viewpoint.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

I don't mind the faster play, but I definitely think it gets too fast at times. Watching Houston and (at times) LSU, they end up getting motion penalties at key moments because they snap the ball before everyone is set. It kills the momentum of the drive and actually allows the defense more time than usual to regroup or sub. The way the Saints do it is plenty fast enough for me. I want everyone set and the QB having a chance to look at the defense before they just start snapping the ball to meet some irrelevant goal of time between plays.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The tempo is important for a team like ours that will usually be at a talent disadvantage. See 1997-1998 . I don't believe ours will be at a breakneck speed like some have gone to but it will be such as to give us match-up advantages. Hall knows this stuff well and I trust he'll utilize it in a way that is very advantageous for us.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
swampnik
Surge

Like the Hall interview a lot but the one FTW did with Coach Jewett was over the top great. Jewett is a jewel with his around the edges thoughts and cosmic musings. Color me impressed with the man's philo.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In addition to his gaffe on the kicking game he also said more than once that we are young. That is not the case especially on offense.
DrBox
Riptide

winwave wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:35 pm In addition to his gaffe on the kicking game he also said more than once that we are young. That is not the case especially on offense.
Field goal kicking has been wanting; the rest of the kicking game has been pretty good.
Even at that, I don't think Fritz likes to kick FGs anyway (which is perhaps why he hasn't had much of a sense of urgency about it).
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

DrBox wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:42 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:35 pm In addition to his gaffe on the kicking game he also said more than once that we are young. That is not the case especially on offense.
Field goal kicking has been wanting; the rest of the kicking game has been pretty good.
Even at that, I don't think Fritz likes to kick FGs anyway (which is perhaps why he hasn't had much of a sense of urgency about it).
We haven't had a good, consistent placekicker since Cairo Santos. But then again, he may have spoiled us he was so good!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:42 pm
That's a critical part of the game. Kick-off's haven't been consistent either. Wright looks like he'll be good but he had his share of inconsistency. I believe Fritz wants one but like QB he hasn't been able to sign one out of HS. If he doesn't want one that is a huge mistake.