Tulane Wins The UC Riverside Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

There's no preview on the official website of Tulane Green Wave Athletics. What's up with that?

We need a sweep.

I hate to play grammar police, but Guerry Smith should know that "players insist." A single player insists. At least he's covering us, and for that I am thankful.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tonight's game is postponed till tomorrow at 11:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/3 ... rside.aspx

The second game will start 45-60 minutes after the first game as per an email they sent out.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
express
Ripple

Little crazy on the diamond today. 10-1 games for each side in a DH'er. Not sure I have seen that before. .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

express wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:43 pm Little crazy on the diamond today. 10-1 games for each side in a DH'er. Not sure I have seen that before. .
Disappointed. We needed a sweep today. Can’t afford to lose another non-conference home series. Need a win badly tomorrow.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

UC Riverside should not be beating us let alone by 9 runs. Very disappointed we did not get a sweep.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
swampnik
Surge

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 pm UC Riverside should not be beating us let alone by 9 runs. Very disappointed we did not get a sweep.
Hopefully we'll secure the series today. Their pitcher Ohl and designated hitter Cannon brought good stuff in Game 2.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 pm UC Riverside should not be beating us let alone by 9 runs. Very disappointed we did not get a sweep.
those damn California teams.......those ocean breezes, those tanned blonde bodies....those players are motivated....I predict Sundays game will be 1-0 or 2-1...the game will be played in less than 2 hours, so the Cali guys can get home to the beach asap
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave wins the rubber game, 10-0. Solesky throws a gem, 7 innings of 3 hit ball, 11Ks and ZERO WALKS. No, not a mistake, ZERO WALKS.

Whelan and Pellerin close it out. Total of 14Ks and 1 walk, 1 WP, no balks or hit batters.

Niemann goes 3-4 with a homer. Batting .471 on the year now.
Hoese 2-4, BA up to .398 now.

Good win after yesterday's head scratcher in game two.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad to see Roper and Solesky bounce back. I'm sure we'll see a change in the weekend rotation but yesterday's loss is bothersome.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good to see:

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:32 pm Good to see:

TJ is trying to get Ross Massey back into a contributing role. Nice move, coach!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The situation he was brought in was what I was hoping for. Big lead against a bad team. Let him get some confidence. I was also hoping too it would happen at a point where the rest of the staff was doing good and people weren't asking about him incessantly anymore taking the pressure off of him. It would be wonderful if he can become a contributor as the season goes on. But if not he got to slap that sticker on. Good for him.