Facilities Upgrade/Expansion

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Great to see !
Show Me
Tsunami

First off thank you Slatten family. I hate to be negative on any gift and I know it’s an upgrade but shoe-horning in that same Wilson Center space is disappointing. Would have preferred a standalone facility. This reminds me of the locker room upgrade. Very underwhelming IMO.
TXWave88
Surge

It looks great but is it not just a remodel of the same weight room we have had for 20 yrs? Honest question and not a knock on the gift or the facility. Thank you Slatten family!
nawlinspete
Riptide

More evidence that Mr Dannen has failed to raise money for the IPF .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:42 pm First off thank you Slatten family. I hate to be negative on any gift and I know it’s an upgrade but shoe-horning in that same Wilson Center space is disappointing. Would have preferred a standalone facility. This reminds me of the locker room upgrade. Very underwhelming IMO.
Same here. Obviously the fundraising for the football ops. building was a fail.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
express
Ripple

Did we sell a roster spot on the baseball team to get a remodel? Needed a pitcher Mr. AD
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

wow, everyone needs to calm down. While this is slightly disappointing I’m sure this will be part of a much larger performance center/Wilson center renovation. Or lets atleast get the full story from someone in the know. I’ll be back on campus in a few weeks and will speak to some of the people in the administration.

Yes we want an IPF, but we also know our footprint on campus is landlocked and limited.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We are talking about a football operations center that includes an up to date weight room, positional meeting rooms, squad room, players lounge, nutrition center, training room and everything else places like even ULL have. Tulane is decades behind on the IPF. It is now a decade behind on the fotball ops. building. Workarounds like this expanded weight room over the last seven decades have just led to more losing. So it is a big deal.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

this has been discussed before...Tulane wanted the Yulman's donation to be used for an IPF - Football Op's center...The Yulman's wanted a stadium...once the city refused the original plans for the stadium, the money should have been used for an IPF - OP's project.....Football offices could still be built, as the second tier on the west side, the nimby's and the city cannot block that due to the height already allowed for offices /classroom buildings on campus, it would be "Grand-Daded"...the short practice area at the north end, then could be enclosed....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Golf- actually the lie that was told by RD/SC about an IPF- Football ops. was that nobody wanted to donate to that. The fact is they never tried. They got the price tag for a new Arena w/a basketball practice facility in it and parking lot on Rosen ,for $50 million and had sticker shock and said we can build a football stadium for that. Meanwhile even schools like ULL could build nice football ops.centers. Plus now what few money donors we have were bled dry by the stadium. IDIOTS.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Appreciate the donation, but am very disappointed this is simply a remodel of what's already there. Most other universities have weight rooms by themselves the size of the Wilson center.

And if anything, call is the Slatten Strength Center. Drop the word "family."
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
NotJtS
Low Tide

Total HORSESHIT. Sorry, not sorry. We'll never be big time with Dannen. You are what you strive to be. We think we're running the race, but we're just getting lapped.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I echo the thoughts of all in this thread on size and separate facility. Thank you very much Scott and family for your generous gift. I wish we had many more donors like the Slatten family to build what is required to be above or at least on par with our peers.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981