McNeese St. Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Let's get baseball back on track tonight. Raj starting.

Raj Wave!

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm watching the broadcast (PPV), and think it's funny that with one out in the Fifth inning the streaming scoreboard shows it the bottom of the fifth while McNeese is batting!

Looks like we have about 200 fans in attendance.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The stand in announcer for Graf is brutal. If you watch, his criticism of balls and strikes is sometimes right, but sometimes REALLY wrong.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nice bounce back game. Raj got off to that frightening start with two straight walks but then settled in. It was a really good outing for him when you consider not only was it his first start but he threw 80 pitches Friday night. All that followed did well. Niemann with four hits is likely to get sticker honors.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: Wave 9, McNeese State Cowboys 3.

Raj gives up 4 hits and 2 runs in 3.1 innings, Johnson, Whelan & Pellerin 3 hit the Cowboys for the rest of the way. Cowboys make 4 errors, 6 of our runs were earned. Let’s hope we are “righting the ship”?

And by the way, Northwestern State beat LSWho tonight, 3-1. :D
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Niemann does the honors:

Profoundwizard
Swell

We walked 6 tonight. I wouldn’t call that good control
winwave
Top of the WAVE

After Raj's problematic first inning there were only 3 walks over the last 8 innings. Much better than what we've been getting which was the point.
Profoundwizard
Swell

The first 3 walks count.
6 walks in a game isn’t good. It’s worse than our average
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Get a grip. Like I said it was his first start and he threw 80 pitches Friday night. Usually that means you wouldn't pitch till the next Friday. Secondly all the rest of the pitchers after him exhibited good control
Profoundwizard
Swell

Get a grip?
6 walks in 9 innings is bad. No matter what excuses you’d like to use. Like I said the other day, the control problems aren’t going to look so bad when you’re playing inferior opponents
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:35 pm Get a grip?
6 walks in 9 innings is bad. No matter what excuses you’d like to use. Like I said the other day, the control problems aren’t going to look so bad when you’re playing inferior opponents
3 walks in 8 innings isn't bad. A Frosh made his first collegiate start and gave up 3 walks in the first inning. SUCK IT UP and deal with it.
Profoundwizard
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:43 pm
3 walks in 8 innings isn't bad. A Frosh made his first collegiate start and gave up 3 walks in the first inning. SUCK IT UP and deal with it.
3 walks in 8 isn’t bad, I agree. However, we play 9 in this league, making 8 a strange editing point. The first 3 walks count, they happened.
All I’m saying is that against the good teams, that’s not going to fly. You can beat George Washington and McNeese but not UCSB.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

What's being said is that we got off to a rough start. Prior to this that would have meant an implosion. Instead Raj righted himself and the rest of the staff did well.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the incorrect "grip' is what caused the pitches not be strikes !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:26 am We can do this:

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/03/how ... -this.html
“You know” :o
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:30 am

He gives, ya know, the worst, ya know, interview I have ever heard. The guy talks like a high school coach. He cooled off the ya know, last year, ya know, but once faced with hardship, he, ya know, goes back to the old talking points. His cliches are as bad as his diction. Again, I truly hope to be wrong but this is never going to be a guy to lead this program long term. I cringe everytime he talks.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:22 pm

He gives, ya know, the worst, ya know, interview I have ever heard. The guy talks like a high school coach. He cooled off the ya know, last year, ya know, but once faced with hardship, he, ya know, goes back to the old talking points. His cliches are as bad as his diction. Again, I truly hope to be wrong but this is never going to be a guy to lead this program long term. I cringe everytime he talks.
to quote Vince Gibson...it's goin' to be "xcitin' times"....ya know
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Profoundwizard
Swell

It’s embarrassing.
He has managed to cut down on his use of “so to speak” which used to be after every sentence.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Seasons aren’t won in March,” Jewett said. “If you rolled out three 10-and-sixes (like Tulane did to start the season), your last eight games, you’re probably still fighting for a regional host-type team.
30-18 against this schedule will not have us fighting to host a regional
Profoundwizard
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Seasons aren’t won in March,” Jewett said. “If you rolled out three 10-and-sixes (like Tulane did to start the season), your last eight games, you’re probably still fighting for a regional host-type team.
30-18 against this schedule will not have us fighting to host a regional
We’re 28-19, Jewett said we’d be fighting for a host at 30-18. He must think he’s still in the SEC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I counted 18 “ya knows” in a 2 minute interview, and I may have missed a couple, as he often slips them in under his breath. But that’s a “ya know” every 7 seconds or less. Very much like former NFL DB Lester Hayes, the ultimate “ya know” machine.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana