Wave exits the AAC Hoops Tourney & season with its 21st straight loss

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Green Wave have a chance!!

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We play Memphis Thursday at 3 PM . Let's hope Dunleavy and/or Dannen have an announcement by 7 PM.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
netshorty
Surge

WavyHoops wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:55 am
Green Wave have a chance!!
<. 01 is a kind way of saying no chance. Wish the same odds were on the return of the head coach.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Let's do the "blackjack' trick......21 or BUST !!!!!...make this season monumental !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 2 on ESPNU.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:57 am We play Memphis Thursday at 3 PM . Let's hope Dunleavy and/or Dannen have an announcement by 7 PM.
Took the words out of my mouth.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I hope TD is working the Phones furiously . . . 1st Telling boosters- of course he’s kicking this bum to the curb- & 2nd taking calls from Steve Forbes, Andy Kennedy and several mid major coaches for the soon to be open position
netshorty
Surge

Memphis only favored by 3 scores...
2 touchdowns and a FG.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Channelling my inner gbgreenie, complete with his run on sentences and disdain for punctuation:

You are all such negative nellies of course the team has looked soft this seasonbut you must trust Coach Dunleavy's motivational process as he has the entire world believing that we are not good enough to win a single conference game in the AAC and imagine the surprise when we win this tournament and get to the elite 8 in the NCAAs so ROLL WAVE and win win win
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:19 pm Channelling my inner gbgreenie, complete with his run on sentences and disdain for punctuation:

You are all such negative nellies of course the team has looked soft this seasonbut you must trust Coach Dunleavy's motivational process as he has the entire world believing that we are not good enough to win a single conference game in the AAC and imagine the surprise when we win this tournament and get to the elite 8 in the NCAAs so ROLL WAVE and win win win
Now that shit was funny.
AugWave
Swell

Let's get this L out the way and get outta this season. Jesus Christ it was bad.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
RobertM320
Green Wave

You know, the AAC would probably be pissed to no end if we were to knock off the host team in the opening round.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:36 am You know, the AAC would probably be pissed to no end if we were to knock off the host team in the opening round.
They would, as Memphis has been mentioned as a darkhorse to get one of the last bids. They'd have to at least go to the semifinals, probably the finals to make it.

That being said, I think the Wave loses this one by 25 or more. My dream is that Dunleavy announces his resignation in the post game presser.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

BlackJack Baby.....21 !!!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

I'll give Dannen his talking points. "At the time I gave coach a vote of confidence, I thought the team was going to turn it around but after witnessing the 2nd half of the season it appears we were headed in the wrong direction. I thanked Coach Dunleavy for his efforts. Effective immediately, the university will be going after the best basketball coach out there."
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Went winless this year. A first.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:03 pm BlackJack Baby.....21 !!!!!!
And counting.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
netshorty
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:02 pm Went winless this year. A first.
But we played hard and didn't quit. Be happy with the participation ribbon.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

As I watched the game. I couldn’t help but focus on something important—why does Memphis still have MSU on their trunks? Didn’t the university drop the “State” many years ago?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm As I watched the game. I couldn’t help but focus on something important—why does Memphis still have MSU on their trunks? Didn’t the university drop the “State” many years ago?
Penny played during that era. Graff said it’s their throwback jerseys.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Take whatever Houston said when they fired applewhite. Dannen said he is here to compete for championships, that Tulane judges that by wins and losses and our expectations we to atleast make the nit this year. Pull the F***ing plug

Dannen does lose credibility if he stands pat. Go beg some boosters for more money if the contract is the problem, but we become a laughing stock if we keep Dunleavy. I heard a stat that We have the 2nd worse record in all of D1 college basketball
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Online people were saying we should just go poach Woffords coach. Don’t know much about him
nawlinspete
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:54 pm Online people were saying we should just go poach Woffords coach. Don’t know much about him
Perhaps we need to poach Wofford's AD....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Houma de Wave
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:54 pm Online people were saying we should just go poach Woffords coach. Don’t know much about him
Mike Young, 19 years at Wofford...good friends with Conroy. We played them at Fogleman. I remember... he’s had some good seasons and some not so good seasons. 298-243 record as a head coach.