Troy You Must Fire Dunleavy

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOW!!!

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

And get Lisa to retire. Basketball Needs a house cleaning in both programs otherwise we are going to get the same results in the future. Dunleavy has been a complete failure in 3 years. He doesn’t deserve a 4th year. Lisa needs to retire.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

A topic ww and I agree upon!

The kids played their hearts out tonight, and I wanted to focus on that rather than rant about how bad a job our highest paid coach in Tulane Basketball history is doing.

I feel for the kids, but know a change MUST be made. Otherwise we know we're capped at somewhere less than where we want to be for three more years. There's no way Dunleavy ever takes a Tulane basketball team to the second weekend of the NCAA tournament.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

A historical season. Longest losing streak in Tulane history. Only year Tulane has gone winless in conference.
Eaglewave
Swell

Lisa needs a good ole “next year we must finish in the top 3 of the conference or else” talk before showing her the door.

Dunleavy needs to be fired tomorrow. Your 3rd year usually shows what direction the program is going. We haven’t seen anything under this guy that has us excited about the future. We have regressed since the last coaching change.
Ball Sumrall!
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Dunleavy needs to have his ass kicked to the curb asap. Do not give this loser a penny of what is left on his contact. The man should have done the honorable thing and resigned earlier in the season or at least immediately after the final home game but is too much of a narcissist to do the right thing. Make him sue us and drag the lawsuit out as long as possible until he is ready to settle for a tiny fraction of his remaining contract. There should have been language included in his contract to fire him with cause for a four win season and zero conference wins.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gbgreenie
Surge

Great game tonight the team played their hearts out for the coach. You negative Annie's quit speaking for the team, they love Dunleavy and want him back. Plenty of good things tonight. The bad Cornish and Paul are gone. Crabtree continues to develope, and can't say enough about Daniels improvement, Seric continues grinding, Wood needs more playing time. Zhanz is to timid, shys from contact might as well be 6', does not use his height continues to pull up instead of driving to the basket. Team playing much better as the season closes, have not folded, says a lot about Dunleavy. Can't wait till next year, Embo and the newcomers will roll with this nucleus 🙂🙂🙂
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Agree, fire him
JerseyWave
Riptide

Dunleavy and Stockton both need to go. Tulane basketball is a trainwreck!
msdos
Swell

He needs to be fired. Tonight.

Anyone saying he should be honorable and resign is dumb. It’s not his fault an idiotic AD gave him a 6 year contract to coach college basketball for the first time in his life.
WavyHoops
High Tide

That this most obvious of conclusions even needs to be said is pathetic.

The rest of the AAC must be besides themselves. They have overtaken the PAC 12 and are poised to surpass the Big East but Tulane and it’s 300ish rating is a big fat anchor on what has become a legit basketball conference.
waveclem
Surge

gbgreenie wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:23 pm Great game tonight the team played their hearts out for the coach. You negative Annie's quit speaking for the team, they love Dunleavy and want him back. Plenty of good things tonight. The bad Cornish and Paul are gone. Crabtree continues to develope, and can't say enough about Daniels improvement, Seric continues grinding, Wood needs more playing time. Zhanz is to timid, shys from contact might as well be 6', does not use his height continues to pull up instead of driving to the basket. Team playing much better as the season closes, have not folded, says a lot about Dunleavy. Can't wait till next year, Embo and the newcomers will roll with this nucleus 🙂🙂🙂

First time posting in a while. This historically bad season has brought me back to see the mood of the Tulane faithful. I hope this guy above me is some sort of troll because that is the most delusional and dishonest opinion I have ever seen. Samir Sehic is graduating, Ona Embo will not come back to Tulane, and who knows how many transfers we endure before we replace them with international guys. There is absolutely no way under any circumstances that Dunleavy should be allowed back. Doesn't matter if the players love him, it's the same players that just won 4 games.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Welcome back , you are missed .

It is going to be an "interesting" spring indeed .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sehic is a RS Junior. He's got another year. Whether he uses it here or not, who knows.

However, I didn't realize until just looking at the roster, just how young we really are. Cornish and Paul are seniors, ROE is a Jr, but was out the entire year. Other than Sehic, EVERY other player is either a FR or SOPH.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:20 pm Dunleavy needs to have his ass kicked to the curb asap. Do not give this loser a penny of what is left on his contact. The man should have done the honorable thing and resigned earlier in the season or at least immediately after the final home game but is too much of a narcissist to do the right thing. Make him sue us and drag the lawsuit out as long as possible until he is ready to settle for a tiny fraction of his remaining contract. There should have been language included in his contract to fire him with cause for a four win season and zero conference wins.
Any contract beyond 3 years should have performance clauses. Dannen was a naive doofus giving MD a 6 year contract. Fitts should flush Dannen for extraordinary stupidity.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DrBox
Riptide

Eaglewave wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:02 pm Lisa needs a good ole “next year we must finish in the top 3 of the conference or else” talk before showing her the door.
No she doesn't. After making the NCAAs in her first 9 seasons, she's made it twice in 16 seasons. She made the affirmative choice not to recruit size and to not fill the scholarships allowed and other things. The 500 win coronation was just too much.
The slow decline has been going on for a long, long time. But she should do the right thing and not make Tulane fire her.

With Stockton I have a sense of why the team is bad. With Dunleavy I don't....he's an experienced coach, his staff is good, and, say what you want about our players, at least on paper, as recruits they should be competitive with, say the 2nd third of this league.
Show Me
Tsunami

DrBox wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:47 am
Eaglewave wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:02 pm Lisa needs a good ole “next year we must finish in the top 3 of the conference or else” talk before showing her the door.
No she doesn't. After making the NCAAs in her first 9 seasons, she's made it twice in 16 seasons. She made the affirmative choice not to recruit size and to not fill the scholarships allowed and other things. The 500 win coronation was just too much.
The slow decline has been going on for a long, long time. But she should do the right thing and not make Tulane fire her.

With Stockton I have a sense of why the team is bad. With Dunleavy I don't....he's an experienced coach, his staff is good, and, say what you want about our players, at least on paper, as recruits they should be competitive with, say the 2nd third of this league.
I agree on Lisa. I’ll help you on Dunleavy: He’s just a lousy coach. Has been his entire career. We hired a career loser that never coached a day in college and gave him the biggest basketball contract in Tulane history for 6 freaking years. Dunleavy couldn’t win on the high school level. He seems to be a developer of individuals but is horrible at developing a team. If he couldn’t win with the Laker talent in the Magic years he’ll never win here. Time to pay the millions to buy him out. We can’t afford not to. The league will kick us out with a 300 RPI. We are the anchor that saddles our league.
I was all for Dunleavy when he was hired. I could not have been more wrong. Dannen needs to admit his mistake and move on. He also gave Lisa an extension recently so he’s saddled with that as well. What a disaster we are witnessing in our basketball programs.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Dannen hands out contracts and extensions like they were candy. Some of the Dunleavy buyout money should come out of Dannen’s salary—I bet he wouldn’t be so quick to hand out long term contracts.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:56 am Dannen hands out contracts and extensions like they were candy. Some of the Dunleavy buyout money should come out of Dannen’s salary—I bet he wouldn’t be so quick to hand out long term contracts.
MD ain't gone no where, he and TD are car pool buddies and sing karaoke each morning
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave QB
Swell

I agree that it’s time for a basketball make over. I really question Dunleavy’s ability to develop.

At this point, bringing in proven winners from smaller division programs is the answer. We can’t afford a big name.
greenie78
Riptide

Dannen can’t fire him unless the boosters are willing to pay off his buyout. If the boosters want him gone it will happen. If not, Dannen can’t do anything about it.
oliveandblue
Surge

greenie78 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:28 pm Dannen can’t fire him unless the boosters are willing to pay off his buyout. If the boosters want him gone it will happen. If not, Dannen can’t do anything about it.
If you enter next season with Dunleavy, you will not be able to pay people to watch the team. Many alumni will no longer be willing to donate to the program with the current AD in place.

This gets a lot worse if you don't bite the bullet and pull money from elsewhere.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Anthony Kennedy ? Steve forbes ?
gbgreenie
Surge

Calm down negative annies as one post said this is a very young team recovering from the loss of Frazier and Reynolds, that yes Dunleavey made those two NBA style players. He will do the same with Samir, Daniels, and probably Crabtree at this point Wood and some of the big guys we shall see. Embo has potential. Next year sets up as a potentially super year for the men's basketball team if you negative problem children can be quiet and quit hurting the potential to recruit the type of players Dunleavy needs to move the Wave forward. Roll Wave!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Charlie Brown's teacher: Noise, and non-sensical. So what, we had two players that have seen a couple of minutes in the NBA. How many games did he win with that "NBA talent"? Not enough to make ANYONE happy.

4-26 is 4 and 26 and will be 4 and 26 until it thankfully ends at 4-27. Four wins would have most coaches stepping down. DO THE RIGHT THING COACH DUNLEAVY. Don't make Dannen fire you. You are not earning your pay by any measure.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V