Historical Loss As Wave loses 20th straight To WSU 82-79 to Go Winless In Conference

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Senior Night:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/3 ... night.aspx

The game is at 7:30 on CBSSN. WSU is favored by 9 1/2.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Our mighty offense has put up 1 point per minute in the first 6 minutes of the game. We have a real shot of reaching 20’points by halftime.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Neither team can shoot worth a hoot. They are both struggling to get to 20 by halftime.
RobertM320
Green Wave

10 turnovers in the first 13.5 minutes. Its amazing we're only down by 4.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Halftime, Wichita St 37, Tulane 28.

Better post this quick. 15:48 left in second half,

Tulane 41
Wichita St 40

Sehic with 18 points.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Let's go for 20 !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

We lead with with 13 mins left—it’s a shocker!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Hard to believe, not a single turnover in the first 8 minutes of the second half, and only 3 since the 6:30 mark of the first half.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

PLEASE put Blake Paul back in the game and get Woods out!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Daniels was fouled with the ball while on the floor. Ref blew the whistle and was calling the foul. Now they put 1/2 a second on the clock and WSU ball. This is total BS
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Daniels has played like a warrior. He along with Sehic and Crabtree have carried the team tonight.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Absolute heartbreaker.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We got screwed. Baseline ref called a foul, which had to be on the WSU player that dove on top of Daniels leading with his forearm. Then to give them the ball...even if it was a jump ball we had the possession arrow.

And I'm not positive the ball was out of the kid from Louisiana's hands when the clock expired, but that's too close to call.

But Daniels should have been shooting to win the game.

So it goes. 20 in a row despite a valliant effort on senior night. BTW: we scored 52 in the second half after scoring 27 in the first!
Show Me
Tsunami

Watched NC beat Duke. Tuned in late for this one. What I saw was Daniels did all he could do. A shame he’s part of the 1st team in Tulane history to go winless in conference. Dunleavy is just a bad coach. He should have let Daniels do this all year maybe we would have won a few more.
RobertM320
Green Wave

A fitting way to end our regular season.

You have to wonder though. Is the record really a true indication. A lot of times, teams get into a funk where everything goes against them, and they start losing games they'd have normally won. For example, back in 1976-77 the Tampa Bay Buccaneers opened their franchise with 26 consecutive losses. With two games left in the second season, they beat the Saints, and then beat the Cardinals the very next week.

In 1980, the Saints lost game one on a missed FG in regulation followed by an opp FG in overtime. Then in game 5, at Miami, they scored a TD on the last play of the game that was nullified by a holding penalty which cost them the game. Instead of being 1-4 or 2-3, they were 0-5. They proceeded to lose 9 more before beating the Jets in week 15. Had they won either of those first two games, they likely would have won other games during the season.

My point is, suppose we had won the Memphis game back in early January, or the @ECU game a couple weeks later. Without the weight of this 0-fer hanging over their head, would they likely have also beaten ECU, USF and Wich St at home? Instead of 4-26, 0-18, we would have been 9-21, 5-13. I know its still bad, but not nearly as dreadful as 4-26. I really wish they would have won this one, just for the players' sake.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The players played their hearts out, especially in the second half. I totally agree, Robert, they deserved this win.

I don't get the last 1/2 second at all, especially since, in the announcers words, it took 14 minutes to play. They should have gotten it right. One referee had a foul on WSU, the other had a jump ball. Clearly the foul was before Daniels (was pushed) went out of bounds on his back.
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:58 pm A fitting way to end our regular season.

You have to wonder though. Is the record really a true indication. A lot of times, teams get into a funk where everything goes against them, and they start losing games they'd have normally won. For example, back in 1976-77 the Tampa Bay Buccaneers opened their franchise with 26 consecutive losses. With two games left in the second season, they beat the Saints, and then beat the Cardinals the very next week.

In 1980, the Saints lost game one on a missed FG in regulation followed by an opp FG in overtime. Then in game 5, at Miami, they scored a TD on the last play of the game that was nullified by a holding penalty which cost them the game. Instead of being 1-4 or 2-3, they were 0-5. They proceeded to lose 9 more before beating the Jets in week 15. Had they won either of those first two games, they likely would have won other games during the season.

My point is, suppose we had won the Memphis game back in early January, or the @ECU game a couple weeks later. Without the weight of this 0-fer hanging over their head, would they likely have also beaten ECU, USF and Wich St at home? Instead of 4-26, 0-18, we would have been 9-21, 5-13. I know its still bad, but not nearly as dreadful as 4-26. I really wish they would have won this one, just for the players' sake.
Wich St didn’t come to play. Tulane played its best game all year. Missed a chance to break the streak. Maybe we win one next year.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Sehic, and Daniels were warriors who deserved to win. Considering our record they should have never been subbed out. Paul was exemplary.

Zhang is totally worthless. Wood looked lost on defense and like a 14 year old playing with and against men.

Dunleavy coached well. I would not have called the second time out at the end of the game, but what do I know .

Where were the cheerleaders ?

Where was the Pep Band ?

Watching tonight's game there is no doubt the team quit on the coaches early in the season . I thought for sure before tip that we would win tonight ala Phil Johnson getting his first conference win in the last game of the season, against LSU .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
gbgreenie
Surge

Great game tonight the team played their hearts out for the coach. You negative Annie's quit speaking for the team, they love Dunleavy and want him back. Plenty of good things tonight. The bad Cornish and Paul are gone. Crabtree continues to develope, and can't say enough about Daniels improvement, Seric continues grinding, Wood needs more playing time. Zhanz is to timid, shys from contact might as well be 6', does not use his height continues to pull up instead of driving to the basket. Team playing much better as the season closes, have not folded, says a lot about Dunleavy. Can't wait till next year, Embo and the newcomers will roll with this nucleus
swampnik
Surge

OMG! One man army Daniels almost got it done. Boys are hungry now and this may propel them to win a few in tourney run. Best of luck to them this Thursday!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Bigschtick
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:58 pm A fitting way to end our regular season.

Well said! They really deserved to win this one!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
swampnik
Surge

A freshman from Baker, La. with 100+ family members in toe, made the killer shot that sunk the Wave at the buzzer.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

congrats to this years male ( i refuse to use the term 'men' ) basketball team, you are the best of the worse, obtained goals that Tulane teams, that had to play Kentiucky twice each year, never accompolished...congrats once again...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

00.1 only at Tulane
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave QB
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:16 am 00.1 only at Tulane
Smh