Completely Inept Wave Swept By UCSB

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:13 pm Her name was Sandy Barbour.
Not , he is referring to the woman who was acting AD for a few months after President Fitts removed Dickson from the Athletic Department .I believe her name is Barbara Burke.

Now at University of Iowa .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sorry. Misunderstood who you were talking about.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pitching Implosion:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 53362.html

That was one horrific performance. Totally embarrassing. Plus we did stupid stuff otherwise in all aspects of the game all weekend. Today we have a runner on second. We hit a ball deep to center. Everyone knows it's getting caught. Our runner instead goes half way to 3rd. He finally realized he should have tagged so he goes back right when the ball is caught and then it;'s too late. The next pitch goes to the backstop and we don't score the run because of the blunder.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Good interview. Hopefully we sweep all 4 this week/weekend.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
express
Ripple

Hopefully this was a bad weekend and the players will bounce back. I'm new to the area but have enjoyed watching the Wave games the last two years (have seen all of the home games this year). I understand many of the comments (and frustration) but I don't see any specific thoughts other than "replace the coach" (and the players have been sloppy from time to time - which has been true).

With that in mind, I will throw out a specific question and that centers on recruiting and roster make-up. With the current rules of 35 roster spots and 27 players having to receive aid, it not as easy as it was years ago (LSU used to keep 40-45 players routinely before the rule changes) but I question why we currently have 15 pitchers with only 3 Lefties. That by itself, limits what you can do as a pitching coach. I took a look at the 2018 signing class and three incoming pitchers are no longer with the team (and 2 of 3 freshman catchers are gone), thus did we "miss" on all of those players in talent evals or is something else going on. One of the catchers was the number 1 catcher coming out of MS HS baseball last year, what happened there?

A typical d1 baseball roster (under current rules) might look like this - 18 pitchers (6+ lefties), 4 catchers (one in the BP), 6 infielders, 5 outfielders and 2 Utility/DH. We seem to have - 15 pitchers (only 3 lefties), 9 infielders, 8 outfielders and 3 catchers. Thus the question begs - why so many infielders/outfielders and is that affecting our rotation? Final thought - I looked at Perfect Game HS commits for 2019 and I only see 1 LHP so far.

Thoughts?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

do the "cheap" solution...keep the coach...fire the players....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

It takes a really good coach to succeed at Tulane. The lack of $ help by the University really makes it difficult.

Jury is still out on this HC. If we play like we played against Ole Miss, we will be OK. Hell Texas just lost 3 of 4 to Stanford. California baseball is a little ahead of everyone at this point.

Looking forward to this weekend series against another west coast club to see how we perform.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Pepper wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:04 pm ICalifornia baseball is a little ahead of everyone at this point.

Looking forward to this weekend series against another west coast club to see how we perform.
Huh? Based on what?

BTW UC Riverside is awful.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Anyone know what happened to Ross Massey? Is he even still on the team? He was awesome pitching his freshman year when David Pierce was our coach. He had a couple of terrible outings at the beginning of Coach Jewitt’s first season and we have not seen him since. I was thinking perhaps his downfall was due to the change in pitching coaches with Tighe Dickinson who Tulane fired being a big drop off in quality from David Pierce’s pitching coach. However I was hoping Coach Latham would have been able to get Ross closer to pitching like he did his freshman year. How does one go from being one of our best pitchers as a freshman to never pitching in games again? It seems really strange.
Pepper
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:43 pm
Pepper wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:04 pm ICalifornia baseball is a little ahead of everyone at this point.

Huh? Based on what?

BTW UC Riverside is awful.
They practice year round. And yes Riverside is awful.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Sunamiwave wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:09 pm Anyone know what happened to Ross Massey? Is he even still on the team? He was awesome pitching his freshman year when David Pierce was our coach. He had a couple of terrible outings at the beginning of Coach Jewitt’s first season and we have not seen him since. I was thinking perhaps his downfall was due to the change in pitching coaches with Tighe Dickinson who Tulane fired being a big drop off in quality from David Pierce’s pitching coach. However I was hoping Coach Latham would have been able to get Ross closer to pitching like he did his freshman year. How does one go from being one of our best pitchers as a freshman to never pitching in games again? It seems really strange.
He was injured and pitched poorly last year, but I thought I read that Ross had performed well in the summer leagues. I, too, wonder if he's still on the team, and what's up with not seeing him at all.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's still on the team and not injured. The nicest way to put is he has the yips.