Dunleavy disaster continues with 16th straight loss to ECU 85-81

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Preview:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/2 ... tchup.aspx

The game is at 7 on ESPNU.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Opportunity knocks:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... edd45.html

Tulane is favored by 1 1/2.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We win by double digits. ECU is absolutely awful. Suffer a loss to this team at home and Dunleavy should just resign right after the game.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
WavyHoops
High Tide

I’m pretty sure the rest of the AAC is rooting for a tornado to plow through the gym and eliminate both programs.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

WavyHoops wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:14 am I’m pretty sure the rest of the AAC is rooting for a tornado to plow through the gym and eliminate both programs.
No question.
Tulane Class of 1981
netshorty
Surge

Line has moved to Tulane - 2.

Oddsshark.com predicts 75-67 ECU.

very evenly matched bad teams. Last 4 games between teams decided by 3 points or less. Amazingly ECU has won 4 of 5 against Dunleavy.

last 3 games (2 common opponents) :
ECU o-3 avg loss 6 pts
TU 0-3 avg loss 28 pts

TU is 3-4 in games they are favored.

Who GAF scale: 0 on a scale of 1 to 10
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:53 am Line has moved to Tulane - 2.

Oddsshark.com predicts 75-67 ECU.

very evenly matched bad teams. Last 4 games between teams decided by 3 points or less. Amazingly ECU has won 4 of 5 against Dunleavy.

last 3 games (2 common opponents) :
ECU o-3 avg loss 6 pts
TU 0-3 avg loss 28 pts

TU is 3-4 in games they are favored.

Who GAF scale: 0 on a scale of 1 to 10
One streak ends today. ECU 0-9 on the road or Tulane 15 game losing streak and 0-13 in the AAC.
Tulane Class of 1981
WavyHoops
High Tide

What happens when a resistable force meets a movable object?
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This is a pivotal game. So who Is everyone rooting for ? A bad loss here would add gas to the fire and you would see a half dozen articles acklowedging how terrible we are thus pressuring Dannen.

Or we win the game and dodge a bullet of being the worst ever and winless. Despite the two quotes & interviews I don’t believe if we lose out that Dannen would bring back Dunleavy as head coach.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:56 am This is a pivotal game. So who Is everyone rooting for ? A bad loss here would add gas to the fire and you would see a half dozen articles acklowedging how terrible we are thus pressuring Dannen.

Or we win the game and dodge a bullet of being the worst ever and winless. Despite the two quotes & interviews I don’t believe if we lose out that Dannen would bring back Dunleavy as head coach.
Gotta root for the kids.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

My head says no, but my heart says yes
GreenLantern
Riptide

I will be there pulling hard for the Wave.

I look for this to be a close game but my money would be on ECU.

Take ECU and lay 3.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:20 pm I will be there pulling hard for the Wave.

Take ECU and lay 3.
We're favored by two, so you'd take ECU PLUS the 2.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:41 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:20 pm I will be there pulling hard for the Wave.

Take ECU and lay 3.
Then if you're predisposed to gambling, you should take my bet. Instead of taking Tulane and laying 2, I suggested ECU and laying 3. We'll see.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:00 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Take ECU and lay 3.
Then if you're predisposed to gambling, you should take my bet. Instead of taking Tulane and laying 2, I suggested ECU and laying 3. We'll see.
I'm not predisposed to gambling, and I DEFINITELY don't have the faith that this team will win, even with 3 points.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
nawlinspete
Riptide

We need to lose . At this point in time getting rid of MD NOW is much more important than winning any of our remaining games and being stuck with MD beyond the rest of this season .

Dannen's hand must be forced .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
oliveandblue
Surge

There is a lot to work with in terms of players. A better college coach can win some more games here.
GreenLantern
Riptide

However, they did give away great tee shirts tonight. There's that.
msdos
Swell

100% returning
nawlinspete
Riptide

Undoubtedly brilliant halftime adjustments by our brilliant coaching staff .

Mr Dannen you have got to cancel this clown act .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:21 am Opportunity knocks:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... edd45.html

Tulane is favored by 1 1/2.
Very well written and researched piece. Must read for anyone who cares about TU Bball.

End of story. This will not end well.

“Only two of the 23 coaches who have gone winless in conference play during any of the past 15 years are either still coaching that school or left on their own terms. And neither of them suffered through his oh-fer in his third season.”
gbgreenie
Surge

Not a bad game valuable experience that I mentioned last game you can see both Crabtree and Wood meshing and growing together as Zhang's time diminishes., Liked how Sehic was mentoring Wood pushing him to get tougher, took on a leadership role tonight for the freshman. I think Dunleavy is getting a good grasp of where he needs to go. Shooting was much better as the tempo was quicker and more timely good shots as Zhang sat on the bench. Also young Barrett played more and showed signs of improvement. Cornish time lessen also. Promising night above all this negativity, looking for continued improvement both Crabtree and Wood were hustling and making things happen second shots and on the defensive end.
gbgreenie
Surge

Oh, Dannon was there and caught the last half of the game, he is watching for further improvement. If only they had a point guard. A line up of Embo, Sehic, Daniels, Crabtree, Wood along with a dominating center this team would be great.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I literally assume Gf greenie watched games with generations of his family, bonding with his father and grandfather who all preached to always be loyal and support your team. Or maybe he was kidnapped by a rick Dickson and Stockholm syndromes set in. I assume you’re a great guy, and you are a great fan. . . But this doesn’t make sense. This is literally North Korea levels of dillusion. . . Or you are a brilliant troll.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Gbgreenie you remind me of Baghdad Bob. Wasn’t he the guy that stood on top of some building in Baghdad while reading the daily press briefings saying Saddam was in full control and that there were no American forces in Iraq when in reality the Americans were only five or ten more miles away from reaching Baghdad? Gbgreenie is the Baghdad Bob of Tulane basketball during Mike Dunleavy’s disastrous tenure as head coach. I can imagine Gbgreenie giving the regular Tulane basketball press briefings and responding to a question about losing so many games with “Losses, what losses, all we do is win games here at Tulane.” Gbgreenie you might get lucky and have your own satirical skit on Saturday Night Live just like Baghdad Bob. It would make you famous but would also be embarassing and cringe worthy for the Tulane basketball program and for Tulane University.