Negative Fanbase

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
gbgreenie
Surge

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:49 am
You guys are dreaming making up things, not healthy imagination plays tricks on your minds. No one with any brains would knock the recruiting that Dunleavy is doing, competing against some outstanding Basketball programs and winning. Team spirits are excellent and before the conference tournament things will pick up. What has Dunleavy done to any of you, letting hate fog your minds into what the future looks like under Dunleavy. Closeminded people are sad in life, looking for the negative, versus the positive. You guys must really be a unhappy bunch that with the positives in the Green Wave Athletic Program you will always gravitate to the negative. Over the years your type has prevented the Green Wave Sports teams from being the best they can be. Even when we had good Coaches you always found negatives that chase both recruits and coaches to run far away. Your effect has been as dismal as some of the decisions made by those in charge. Yes you have been part of the problems that I have fought over the years along with some bad choices made. We are in great hands across the board but you are still unhappy and sad, the kind of people I stay away from. Life is too short to live with being negative. Those that are positive minded will have long happy lives, learn to be one of these people. I refuse to be associated with your kind because I live and bleed olive and blue. My father was buried with his Tulane cap on, back in the 60's when I was a child we bonded and were never negative with the Wave. Anything we said or did was constructive and not condemning to the Green Wave Athletic Program. I have grown to hate your kind over the years, it saddens me that you continue letting the past cloud your focus that you can't see the positives things being done. As the Fleetwood Mac Song says I wish your kind would "Go your Own Way" let this Athletic Program continue growing one step at a time

GreenLantern
Riptide

I remember people like this who attacked our decision to fly a banner around Yulman on Homecoming. Gbgreenie can kiss my olive and blue ass. The Tulane diploma hanging on my wall is a license to be as critical as necessary when my school is being publicly humiliated.
GreenLantern
Riptide

BTW, I'm not a fan of cutting and pasting the exact same message in several different threads. That puts this troll in the same group as the recent shoe spammers. Moderators?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:05 am I remember people like this who attacked our decision to fly a banner around Yulman on Homecoming. Gbgreenie can kiss my olive and blue ass. The Tulane diploma hanging on my wall is a license to be as critical as necessary when my school is being publicly humiliated.
I ain't got one of dem pressteegious diploma type things from Tulane..but I do give them some green money...so I can complain all I want
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I couldn’t disagree more. Most Tulane fans gave up caring after decades of losing. The few that post here are for the most part the remaining ones that still care and have some type of investment in the athletic program/school. When you’re in Year 3 of a big 6 year contract and you’re on a 15 game losing streak and are winless in the conference you have to be able to take the heat and understand the fans frustration. No one wants to be negative. However attacking fans for Dunleavy’s lack of wins is insane. Yes he’s coming back, but that’s no pass for criticism due to his continuing failures on the court. I was a big fan and extremely positive when we first hired him. Unfortunately he hasn’t delivered anything except loses and dissatisfaction. I’d love nothing more than to be proven right and to see him turn around the program but having seen enough bad coaches over the years at Tulane I don’t see him making this program NCAA bound like Perry did in his short time. We are far worst off than any other period in Tulane basketball history. Negative records now happen with every loss. Having said that I fully expect that we beat ECU this Saturday by double digits to end the losing streak and the negatism will be silenced for at least a few days. After baseball wins the Ole Miss series it will also help hide the basketball disaster season. No need to post your same comments in every basketball thread that’s considered spam. We can discuss here.
So cheer up GB!
ROLL WAVE!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

UGH!! ANOTHER Dunleavy thread getting started???!!!
gbgreenie
Surge

Critical is one thing but everyday is pathetic and trying to bully Dannon in making a decision he has already said he would not make is disturbing. You are starting to sound like a bunch of bully hounds because these negative Dunleavy posts are getting as bad and as the long winded as the Lindsey Scott posts. Leave it be because a good Athletic Director won't be bullied by a small group of fans that have such a narrow focus. You have been yelling for him to get rid of every coach he has hired. Looks like Football and Baseball are well on their way now after much criticism by your bunch. Quit being bullies and state your points then move on being long winded and repeating your negativity is growing old. And yes I posted in each of your negative post because sometimes others want to be heard over the bully loudmouths.
gbgreenie
Surge

End this negativity and enjoy what my be a very good Baseball Season fans. Don't worry be happy!!! Enjoy the good times let go of the bad times!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:00 am Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:49 am
You guys are dreaming making up things, not healthy imagination plays tricks on your minds. No one with any brains would knock the recruiting that Dunleavy is doing, competing against some outstanding Basketball programs and winning. Team spirits are excellent and before the conference tournament things will pick up. What has Dunleavy done to any of you, letting hate fog your minds into what the future looks like under Dunleavy. Closeminded people are sad in life, looking for the negative, versus the positive. You guys must really be a unhappy bunch that with the positives in the Green Wave Athletic Program you will always gravitate to the negative. Over the years your type has prevented the Green Wave Sports teams from being the best they can be. Even when we had good Coaches you always found negatives that chase both recruits and coaches to run far away. Your effect has been as dismal as some of the decisions made by those in charge. Yes you have been part of the problems that I have fought over the years along with some bad choices made. We are in great hands across the board but you are still unhappy and sad, the kind of people I stay away from. Life is too short to live with being negative. Those that are positive minded will have long happy lives, learn to be one of these people. I refuse to be associated with your kind because I live and bleed olive and blue. My father was buried with his Tulane cap on, back in the 60's when I was a child we bonded and were never negative with the Wave. Anything we said or did was constructive and not condemning to the Green Wave Athletic Program. I have grown to hate your kind over the years, it saddens me that you continue letting the past cloud your focus that you can't see the positives things being done. As the Fleetwood Mac Song says I wish your kind would "Go your Own Way" let this Athletic Program continue growing one step at a time
What a joke of a post. It’s fans like you gbg that have helped to condemn Tulane athletics to the NCAA dust bin for the past 70 years. Your tolerance for poor performance has underwritten the many Tulane administrations unwillingness to hold all players, coaches and athletic directors accountable for what has happened on the fields and courts. Your tolerance for poor performance is nauseating. And now, Tulane continues to face increasing financial pressures, and an apathetic alumni/fan base because of your ilk. Dunleavy is just playing Tulane for what he can—not unlike what Cowen did for 18 years. And Dannen is showing a pathetic side that none of us expected when he was hired. Utopians like you chirped for years about how Cowen and Dickson could succeed—it never happened. In the meantime Tulane lost a generation of fans, and a shot at tens of millions of dollars. There is a huge price to be paid for being a Utopian—and Tulane is still paying that price. Please spare us your lectures about how we all should continue to tolerate incompetence. As a coach, Dunleavy has a remarkably failed history, and he isn’t going to change that at Tulane, whether he’s here 3 years, 6 years, or 20 years. He simply can’t coach.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Show Me
Tsunami

It’s only Dunleavy that can change this negativity. Either he wins, gets fired or resigns. It’s that simple. Nothing to with the fans. If we were winning there would be none.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If someone post and no one responds did he really post?

#Ignorethetrollfromyoggieland
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:07 am If someone post and no one responds did he really post?

#Ignorethetrollfromyoggieland
Good question. I just asked a similar question on the ECU Game 2 thread. Group think must be taking over on this board.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:02 am It’s only Dunleavy that can change this negativity. Either he wins, gets fired or resigns. It’s that simple. Nothing to with the fans. If we were winning there would be none.
I ain't negative.. I am positive, Tulane Basketball is terrible
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
sader24
Tsunami

Win and fans are happy, lose and they aren’t. Lose in a historical manner for several seasons and people want you fired. Attendance speaks loudest, nobody goes to the games. Doesn’t matter what people post on a freaking message board. If you take a job coaching making $1 million plus, you know the deal. He’s making great money to do a job and he isn’t doing it.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:16 pm Win and fans are happy, lose and they aren’t. Lose in a historical manner for several seasons and people want you fired. Attendance speaks loudest, nobody goes to the games. Doesn’t matter what people post on a freaking message board. If you take a job coaching making $1 million plus, you know the deal. He’s making great money to do a job and he isn’t doing it.
If it was a job in regular working world he would have been fired a month ago (if not last year in many cases!) If he had this record at 320+ other D1 basketball schools, there would be no doubt that he was gone at season's end if not sooner. Company's cut their losses because a bad hire can do more damage if allowed to remain in place than if terminated.

Put another way: I am paid to make sales. I have a base salary and commission. Despite setting a record for sales in the 4th quarter, if I went as long without closing a sale as Dunleavy has without a win, I'd be expecting a call into the bosses office followed by a termination.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Gbgreenie you remind me of Baghdad Bob. Wasn’t he the guy that stood on top of some building in Baghdad while reading the daily press briefings saying Saddam was in full control and that there were no American forces in Iraq when in reality the Americans were only five or ten more miles away from reaching Baghdad? Gbgreenie is the Baghdad Bob of Tulane basketball during Mike Dunleavy’s disastrous tenure as head coach. I can imagine Gbgreenie giving the regular Tulane basketball press briefings and responding to a question about losing so many games with “Losses, what losses, all we do is win games here at Tulane.” Gbgreenie you might get lucky and have your own satirical skit on Saturday Night Live just like Baghdad Bob. It would make you famous but would also be embarassing and cringe worthy for the Tulane basketball program and for Tulane University.