Ole Miss Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

Undefeated Wave is playing a top team in a 3 game series this weekend and all I hear about is about lsu’s upcoming series against “Mighty Bryant!” ( which by the way I have never heard of) As Rodney said many time “I can get no respect, mo respect at all!”
Disgusting ...

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Forever TU
Surge

Just stopped by the ticket office to grab some extra tix this weekend and there is still a ton available. I know its parade season now but if you are debating between the two please come out and support these kids. Would be nice to get a sizeable crowd out there and it looks like we will dodge most of the raindrops.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Forever TU wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:40 pm Just stopped by the ticket office to grab some extra tix this weekend and there is still a ton available. I know its parade season now but if you are debating between the two please come out and support these kids. Would be nice to get a sizeable crowd out there and it looks like we will dodge most of the raindrops.
That’s a bummer to hear, someone else had mentioned previously it was nearing a sell out. Having a Big time former conference rival in town for a weekend series and the idea of watching some good baseball and consuming a few too many brewskis sounds pretty damn good to me !
Profoundwizard
Swell

I figured that stuff about selling out this weekend was BS. I understand that Ole Miss will probably bring some fans but Tulane fans aren’t showing up enough for sellouts. All the losing has taken its toll. Even in 2016 when we won the AAC, the attendance wasn’t what you’d expect for Tulane baseball.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Graf said on the broadcast Friday night that the crowd was about 2,000. I think he was being kind, as looking at shots of the stands, there were many sections with nobody in them, or maybe a couple of fans in them. It literally looked like we had maybe 15% of the seats filled.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I didn't expect sell-outs but I do think we'll have nice crowds. Ole Miss will certainly bring a good number of fans. It's a shame it's the first weekend of Mardi Gras but to get a series like this you take it when you can get it. Weather looking better for Friday and Sunday. Does anyone know if Tulane upped the prices for tickets this weekend ?
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:08 pm I didn't expect sell-outs but I do think we'll have nice crowds. Ole Miss will certainly bring a good number of fans. It's a shame it's the first weekend of Mardi Gras but to get a series like this you take it when you can get it. Weather looking better for Friday and Sunday. Does anyone know if Tulane upped the prices for tickets this weekend ?
A Tulane ticket guy told us at the GW series that the Ole Miss tickets were approaching a sellout.
Maybe it was to stir interest not sure. But
they are all $20 a piece which is a bump of $5 from the premium seating and a $10 bump for bleacher seating. I do know one thing it will outdraw basketball vs ECU 7pm Saturday night.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play basketball Saturday?
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:50 pm We play basketball Saturday?
:mrgreen:
We going to beat ECU and all will be well ;)
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Why start Saturday?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:04 pm
Which will probably get MD a one or two year extension.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:41 pm
For sure. :o
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:51 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:41 pm
For sure. :o
And send gcb into hysterics! "Coach of the Year"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks for posting those articles, win. The opponent this weekend seems like they can hit from the top of the order through the bottom. I hope the board is so quiet because you folks are representing at Turchin!

I'll miss tomorrow nights game unless JetBlue has ESPNU! I'm headed to Taos, NM. Oh yeah, that's our JV team playing on ESPNU.

ROLL WAVE!
Beat the Rebels!
Forever TU
Surge

Tough loss tonight but we can absolutely play with these guys.

One area of concern for me is the pen. Campbell still can’t find the zone. Wish we would have gone to Trent Johnson there. Hopefully he can go tomorrow.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tough loss. Five hit batters. Getting picked off first late in the game. We need to come back and win this series. Let's Roll !!!

Nice sized crowd but there may have been more of their fans than ours.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I agree. Tough loss. One that we let slip away. Credit Ole Miss. they made the most of their 6 hits. Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully we play and pitch better.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik
Surge

The question has been answered. Yes, we can hold our own with the "big boys" and even out hit them. Let's take Game 2 today and put TU on the map!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:19 am Tough Loss:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 7f81e.html
Good recap there by Guerry. You tend to forget about stuff like the bunt and the rundown. Without hesitation pitcher Micah Owings eats the bunt up and throws the runner out at 3rd by 5 feet. Tommy Manzella in the rundown throws the guy out by 5 feet at home instead of taking the safe out at 2nd. Can’t get picked off at 1st in that situation. There’s your win. To be successful you need to be prepared mentally and anticipate those of situations. We need to make those type of plays if we’re going to beat good teams and make it back to post season. We can do it.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Ole mIss series really makes me miss the Busch Challenge.....here is an idea...partner with the Big 12..Texas, TCU, Oklahoma or Texas Tech....Tulane, UNO, La-Laf / Southeastern...have it every year on Airline...20.00 all day pass, leave and come back if ya like...Texas, TCU, have Tulane ties, Tech hosted Tulane during Katrina and it is cold as old hell in Norman and Lubbock...they would love a warmer climate, with easy travel....same teams each year, maybe rotate OU/Tech... La-Laf/ Southeatern.....the hell with the SEC teams, Tulanes future is not with them.....
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:22 am The Ole mIss series really makes me miss the Busch Challenge.....here is an idea...partner witht e big 12..Texas, TCU, Oklahoma or Texas Tech....Tulane, UNO, La-Laf / Southeastern...have it every year on Airline...20.00 all day pass, leave and come back if ya like...Texas, TCU, have Tulane ties, Tech hosted Tulane during Katrina and it is cold as old hell in Norman and Lubbock...they would love a warmer climate, with easy travel....same teams each year, maybe rotate OU/Tech... La-Laf/ Southeatern.....the hell with the SEC teams, Tulanes future is not with them.....
Great idea! Bring it back!
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:50 am
golfnut69 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:22 am The Ole mIss series really makes me miss the Busch Challenge.....here is an idea...partner witht e big 12..Texas, TCU, Oklahoma or Texas Tech....Tulane, UNO, La-Laf / Southeastern...have it every year on Airline...20.00 all day pass, leave and come back if ya like...Texas, TCU, have Tulane ties, Tech hosted Tulane during Katrina and it is cold as old hell in Norman and Lubbock...they would love a warmer climate, with easy travel....same teams each year, maybe rotate OU/Tech... La-Laf/ Southeatern.....the hell with the SEC teams, Tulanes future is not with them.....
Great idea! Bring it back!
and while we are having the ball games...have a Food Cook Off...BBQ vs Cajun in the parking lot...the attendance would go thru the roof and something to look forward to kicking off each Season.....sumbody get in touch with Mrs benson and get this done !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !