Ole Miss Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Couple of curious tidbits:

Can someone explain how our overall RPI is 17, bur our non-conf RPI is 18, since we've ONLY played NC games?

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/rpi-live

Also, George Washington hasn't given up a run since we put 16 on them last Sunday. Now 2-3, with wins of 20-0 and 9-0 against St. Peter.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bigschtick
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:33 am There has been a decent turnout . Unfortunately yesterday Ole Miss fans outnumbered us about 2-1.
Thanks for the update Win. A disgrace. Great start to the season and the students cannot walk the short distance to the stadium. Supports my belief, long held, that Tulane students do not demand or care that much about athletics.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
threeputt
High Tide

It’s mardi Gras season. Parades will win over athletics (or anything else) every time.
Wave755
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:34 am
winwave wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:33 am There has been a decent turnout . Unfortunately yesterday Ole Miss fans outnumbered us about 2-1.
Thanks for the update Win. A disgrace. Great start to the season and the students cannot walk the short distance to the stadium. Supports my belief, long held, that Tulane students do not demand or care that much about athletics.
I thought the crowd was slightly more Wave than Rebel. Behind home plate and the 3rd base line were all Wave fans. The Rebels were all along the 1st base line.

This program has been really down the last two years and a lot of people continue to “vote with their feet” by staying away in protest of the decision not to hire Cannizzaro.

If we keep winning following Mardi Gras, let’s see how we then do. But I happily concede, Ole Miss did have a handful of really hot coeds at the game. :thumbup:
Profoundwizard
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:38 am Couple of curious tidbits:

Can someone explain how our overall RPI is 17, bur our non-conf RPI is 18, since we've ONLY played NC games?

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/rpi-live

Also, George Washington hasn't given up a run since we put 16 on them last Sunday. Now 2-3, with wins of 20-0 and 9-0 against St. Peter.
St Peter is quite literally the worst program in college baseball. Went 2-42 in 2018 and 0-38 in 2017
nawlinspete
Riptide

Cannizzaro is a totally bogus excuse ; in fact we're better off had he had the same problem in The City That Care Forgot that he had in Starkville.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Today’s crowd is bigger than yesterday. Looks to be more Tulane fans as well.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Wave755 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:43 pm
Bigschtick wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:34 am
I thought the crowd was slightly more Wave than Rebel. Behind home plate and the 3rd base line were all Wave fans. The Rebels were all along the 1st base line.

This program has been really down the last two years and a lot of people continue to “vote with their feet” by staying away in protest of the decision not to hire Cannizzaro.

If we keep winning following Mardi Gras, let’s see how we then do. But I happily concede, Ole Miss did have a handful of really hot coeds at the game. :thumbup:
Keep winning after Mardi Gras and we’ll watch the hot coeds multiply ;) I remember there was no better way to get me and all of my friends to the game then the sororities showing up 🥂🍾 Bless the security guys’ hearts, the number of times we had cases of beer and booze and heckled the opposing team to death couldn’t have been easy for them to handle.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave just ran into a more talented team at this stage in the year. Ole Miss took today’s rubber match 6-3 coming from behind early 3-0. The Rebs definitely capitalize on your mistakes. They played great all weekend. I’m still encouraged and believe we won’t face a better club the rest of the regular season. I fully expect us to be in the hunt for the AAC title and a Regional this season. A series win would have been a huge step forward but it was still an encouraging weekend. We out hit the Rebel’s for a 3rd straight game.
Need to clean up some other things going forward and we’ll be just fine.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think we caught some people's attention this weekend. RedCupRebellion is the Ole Miss SBNation site. Now if we can do a better job than the last two years when it comes to mid-week games, we'll be in good shape.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
gbgreenie
Surge

We can keep making excuses all we want but winning programs have winning fans. Not to have close to a sellout playing the 10th Ranked Team, a SEC School is a big disappointment. Excuses are basically for losers. This game if it was a win, could have been a difference in our baseball team being ranked in the top 25 or not. We place the blame everywhere but on ourselves. Tulane does not have a large enrollment to keep putting the blame on the students. LSU has 2-3 times more students if that was the case every LSU Baseball game would be sold out but they are not, every basketball game would also be sold out but they are not. Selling out a game in the future against weaker opponents won't matter. The team needed us Green Wave Fans today cheering them on, not against some unranked has been. Imagine if there was not such a large crowd from Ole Miss, Turchin would have been dismal.
One more comment on the game, personally I think Jewett made a big mistake using his closer Raj and pulling him with a inning and a half to go just because of righty/lefty matchup. Raj has been lights out on everyone this year did not matter right or left handed hitters. Have a good week ahead fans, food of thought: What came lst Chicken or the Egg. Well with a weak fanbase its very hard to go out and pay the best coaches or have the best facilities. A strong winning fanbase that brings in lots of money to a University will always allow the school to get the pick of the coaching talent, with that it will be very easy to have the best facilities if lots of money is rolling in. So for the Wave to keep moving forward the fanbase needs to stop giving excuses, stop living in the past. A sell out crowd today may have been enough to motivate our team and demoralize Ole Miss and tomorrow we could have been Ranked. The only chant I heard was "Here we go Rebels", disgusting, we had no response to shut them down. Of course me my lonesome self yelling to the Ole Miss Fans they were LSU copycats did not help. And me by myself yelling Go back to Oxford did not help either.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Disappointing to lose the series when we certainly had the chance to win it. It will serve as a confidence builder for the team. I hope it also gives them inspiration to do better. The base running issues have to stop. Every ball hit to our pitchers not named Raj are an adventure. Another thing that we have fallen back to do doing is always throwing for the runner at home even when it's clear we won't get him and thus allow the hitter to advance to second putting him in scoring position and taking away the DP opportunity. The sooner we get those issues fixed the better chance we have of having a successful season.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.