Ole Miss Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That was fun. I wish they could do it Unfortunately you don't have the Dome anymore since the last renovation eliminated the baseball configuration. You can get cold and rainy weather here at that time of the season. Plus as painful as it is to say without LSwho you just wouldn't get the crowds to be able to pay the bills.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:32 am The question has been answered. Yes, we can hold our own with the "big boys" and even out hit them. Let's take Game 2 today and put TU on the map!
Exactly. All week I had conversations with other Tulane fans and they would say" I just want us to be competitive with them. "My response was " Bullshit. We need to win 2 out of three." We can't be afraid to expect wins against this team. They are not the same as last year. Yes they can hit but they lost their entire weekend rotation that was outstanding and after last week they lost this years Friday night starter. Let's beat these guys.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:02 am That was fun. I wish they could do it Unfortunately you don't have the Dome anymore since the last renovation eliminated the baseball configuration. You can get cold and rainy weather here at that time of the season. Plus as painful as it is to say without LSwho you just wouldn't get the crowds to be able to pay the bills.
winwave, I disagree...La-Laf, Texas, Texas Tech, OU, TCU even Baylor would all bring fans...ya would not need LSU to carry this event....time to cut ties with LSU and start making some with a conference and schools that have a need for expansion.....screw lsu and the sec...oh yeah, the weather....Norman, OK Sat 58 sunday 54 wind at 30mph Lubbock Saturday 58..Sunday 59 wind at 40 to 50 mph...and it is pretty damn cold and windy here in Georgetown only 30 miles from Austin
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golf like I said I'd love to see it but this is college baseball. with no guarantee of good weather those teams fans aren't coming in in droves. If that was the case the series would have never stopped. The sponsors aren't there without LSwho. I hate it but that's just the reality of the situation.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Good bye baby, good bye baby!!!!!!

ROLL WAVE!!!!!

Wave wins game 2 on a walk off homer by David Bedgood!

ROLL WAVE!!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

I've never listened to a more exciting game on the radio. Great win!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Holy Cow! What a game! Shades of Jake Rogers!

But we NEED to get better in situational baseball. In what alternative universe do you pitch to a guy batting .579 on the season, who already has a HR, a 2B and 5 RBIs in this game, when the tying runs are on 2nd and 3rd with one out in the 9th and the wind is blowing out? You WALK him. PERIOD.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

I was there today. I am sold, Wave baseball is back! :D :clap: :thumbup:
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave755 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:47 pm I was there today. I am sold, Wave baseball is back! :D :clap: :thumbup:
Not sold yet on the bullpen, but we're definitely hitting better than we have in a couple of years.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Incredible day. Tulane had to overcome so many things today but managed to do so. This team has heart and the will to win. Huge game on Sunday. Let’s do this! Ole Miss can rake big time but we matched them.
Bedgood’s HR was absolutely crushed. Would have been out on any day. The only question was it going to stay fair.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:40 pm Holy Cow! What a game! Shades of Jake Rogers!

But we NEED to get better in situational baseball. In what alternative universe do you pitch to a guy batting .579 on the season, who already has a HR, a 2B and 5 RBIs in this game, when the tying runs are on 2nd and 3rd with one out in the 9th and the wind is blowing out? You WALK him. PERIOD.
Absolutely. No brainer there.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:40 pm Holy Cow! What a game! Shades of Jake Rogers!

+1, I thought, “no way they are going to pitch to this guy.” But they did, and we paid the price for it.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:34 pm

+1, I thought, “no way they are going to pitch to this guy.” But they did, and we paid the price for it.
Right. Not a good move. And then we won.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:25 pm Incredible day. Tulane had to overcome so many things today but managed to do so. This team has heart and the will to win. Huge game on Sunday. Let’s do this! Ole Miss can rake big time but we matched them.
Bedgood’s HR was absolutely crushed. Would have been out on any day. The only question was it going to stay fair.
Yep, today we beat both Ole Miss and the umps too. After a while the game started to remind me of the NFC Championship game. Thankfully we had a happy ending.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

What a win!!!

Have outplayed Ole Miss in both games. I am gladly eating some crow on coach. This team has shown some serious guts so far.
Wavetime
Swell

Sorry I couldn't be there. I'm excited to go back to the ballpark!!
Profoundwizard
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:27 pm What a win!!!

Have outplayed Ole Miss in both games. I am gladly eating some crow on coach. This team has shown some serious guts so far.
+1
I’m still worried about the pitching but we’re hitting the hell out of the ball.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

This
winwave
Top of the WAVE

So glad we got that win. I t seemed like we were doing everything we could to beat ourselves. The base running is incredibly bad and the first base coach has to be replaced. We are still too wild on the mound. Yet we win and that's what matters. Now we can win this series tomorrow. Let's fucking do it!!! ROLLWAVEROLL!

BTW, all SEC fans are the same- complete fucking assholes. If you are no threat they act like the best host ever. If you threaten they show their true colors. Fuck Ole Miss and their asshole fans. Let's take the lead right out the box tomorrow and shut those assholes up.
tufinal4
High Tide

This morning's way too early RPI at 17. LSU 25, Ole Miss 71 (they also lost a game to Wright St and are 3-2).

I was also screaming to walk the .570 hitter from Sec 206, guess coach just couldn't hear me.

This year's team simply has it between the ears, you can clearly see it. The pitching & mojo difference has to be Daniel Latham, but he doesn't handle hitting. Tulane is currently top 3 in NCAA in hits. You have to give Jewett full credit for this start, he hired Daniel and has this team fully fired up, slapping W stickers on that wall (maybe the best post game tradition in college baseball history).
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:27 am golf like I said I'd love to see it but this is college baseball. with no guarantee of good weather those teams fans aren't coming in in droves. If that was the case the series would have never stopped. The sponsors aren't there without LSwho. I hate it but that's just the reality of the situation.
U R Correct...let's keep doing the same stupid thing ovewr and over...let's not think outside the box or, gawd forbid forward thinking....The Benson Bash would not need lsu, if U brig in La-Laf, Texas, TCU, OU or Texas Tech..along with the local fans from Tulane, Southeastern UNO the place would be "the place to be', especially if you have the cook off contest in the parking lot.....and sum live music between games.... but then again .....nah, like I told my lovely wife, when she said she wanted to have wild passionate sex, but she wanted to try a particular position, I was agast, "ya mean U want to try somenting new, we can't...we've never done it that way before ".... that one quote sums up most of Tulane and it's fan base...hell if I was Gulfport Ms with a nice facility, I would already be hosting a Ole Miss, MS State, USM vs Fla State, Clemson, Ga Tech week end
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:17 am
winwave wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:27 am golf like I said I'd love to see it but this is college baseball. with no guarantee of good weather those teams fans aren't coming in in droves. If that was the case the series would have never stopped. The sponsors aren't there without LSwho. I hate it but that's just the reality of the situation.
U R Correct...let's keep doing the same stupid thing ovewr and over...let's not think outside the box or, gawd forbid forward thinking....The Benson Bash would not need lsu, if U brig in La-Laf, Texas, TCU, OU or Texas Tech..along with the local fans from Tulane, Southeastern UNO the place would be "the place to be', especially if you have the cook off contest in the parking lot.....and sum live music between games.... but then again .....nah, like I told my lovely wife, when she said she wanted to have wild passionate sex, but she wanted to try a particular position, I was agast, "ya mean U want to try somenting new, we can't...we've never done it that way before ".... that one quote sums up most of Tulane and it's fan base...hell if I was Gulfport Ms with a nice facility, I would already be hosting a Ole Miss, MS State, USM vs Fla State, Clemson, Ga Tech week end
It also works well when the local teams are playing well. As winwave pointed out The Dome did guarantee perfect weather. Texas has a showdown at Minute Maid and it does well. I think it could work here at Airline but you wouldn’t make much money if LSU wasn’t playing. You’d have to invite SEC schools that would travel. Tulane maybe could pull in 1500-2000 fans, SELA and UNO combined probably 500. Then maybe 500 or so from the SEC visitors. I hate to say it but 3000 fans probably be tops without LSU. If you can’t get 5000-10000 then you’ll probably struggle financially on the deal. As a fan I’d love it. But to have financial success you’d need LSU in it.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

HUGE game today. 7-1 and a series win against the #10 team, or 6-2 and being a walk-off HR from being swept by the #10 team look totally different. And the rankings will show as much. Even Wright State beat them once. It'll be a huge step forward if we can get this win today.
Bigschtick
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:20 am HUGE game today. 7-1 and a series win against the #10 team, or 6-2 and being a walk-off HR from being swept by the #10 team look totally different. And the rankings will show as much. Even Wright State beat them once. It'll be a huge step forward if we can get this win today.
For sure, will be a real boost for the program with a win today! Hope there has been a decent turnout.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There has been a decent turnout . Unfortunately yesterday Ole Miss fans outnumbered us about 2-1.