Wave destroyed again this time @Memphis 102-76 for its 15th straight loss

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Reversal of form:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 9f44a.html

The game will be at 6 on ESPNU. Memphis is favored by 18 1/2.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

18 1/2? Are you sure it's not 28 1/2?
netshorty
Surge

Line is down to 17.5.
Oddsshark.com game predictor has us losing 81-68, covering the spread.

In conference games with spreads of 11 or more we are 1-5 against the spread. Bigger the spread the less likely we cover. It's hard to believe that only 2 of 13 conference games have been single digit spreads (@ECU +5, v.Tulsa +7)

Last time against Memphis we were 10.5 dogs at home and lost by 4. They raced out to a 15 point halftime lead which we cut to 2 with 2 minutes left (and had the ball). I think we cover on this one, something like 85-71.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I lay the points and, unfortunately, think Memphis wins this one running away.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Memphis, closing in on 50 points in the first half, has already won this game.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
WavyHoops
High Tide

Remember when it was exciting for Tulane to have almost all its games on national tv?
GreenLantern
Riptide

WavyHoops wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:32 pm Remember when it was exciting for Tulane to have almost all its games on national tv?
Yeah, you right. I've got the game on TV in another room. The extent of my interest is the losing margin.

Q: What do you call it when your team ranks 12th in a 12 team conference and the 11th-place team has twice as many wins?
A: If you're Troy Dannen you call it "...a matter of circumstance" and "not a fundamental problem."

Feels fundamental to me. I'm beginning to take it personally.
oliveandblue
Surge

What are the odds that this gets so bad that Dannen actually has to scrap other plans and do something about it?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:49 pm
WavyHoops wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:32 pm Remember when it was exciting for Tulane to have almost all its games on national tv?
Yeah, you right. I've got the game on TV in another room. The extent of my interest is the losing margin.

Q: What do you call it when your team ranks 12th in a 12 team conference and the 11th-place team has twice as many wins?
A: If you're Troy Dannen you call it "...a matter of circumstance" and "not a fundamental problem."

Feels fundamental to me. I'm beginning to take it personally.
2 X 0 = 0
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

oliveandblue wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:49 pm What are the odds that this gets so bad that Dannen actually has to scrap other plans and do something about it?
I mentioned that same thought in another thread. This is beyond just losing and a “rebuilding” year. This is a black mark for the university and a major blow to all of athletics. A recent example was houston saying they were standing by applewhite and he was coming back. . . Only for them to limp to the finish line and get blown out by army and make a big hire. We are getting consistently embarrassed and blown out.

I truly don’t believe Dannen wants to be known as the guy with the worst Tulane basketball team in history (in year 3) and brings the coach back.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

:cry: The nightmare continues. Wow.
I thought we’d have a shot to beat ECU at home to end the streak but now I’m not so sure.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Although we do have a chance at home against ECU, it is more likely that we will lose out the rest of the schedule. Then, we can look forward to starting next season with one thing in mind—how long will the losing streak continue? And the annual pre-season scrimmage against Loyola won’t count. At some point the national media will start to track our losing streak. Wear it Dannen, because it’s yours.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
netshorty
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:28 am Although we do have a chance at home against ECU, it is more likely that we will lose out the rest of the schedule. Then, we can look forward to starting next season with one thing in mind—how long will the losing streak continue? And the annual pre-season scrimmage against Loyola won’t count. At some point the national media will start to track our losing streak. Wear it Dannen, because it’s yours.
We'll schedule Alabama A&M early to get that monkey off our back...oh wait...damn that strategy won't work.
oliveandblue
Surge

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:25 pm
oliveandblue wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:49 pm What are the odds that this gets so bad that Dannen actually has to scrap other plans and do something about it?
I mentioned that same thought in another thread. This is beyond just losing and a “rebuilding” year. This is a black mark for the university and a major blow to all of athletics. A recent example was houston saying they were standing by applewhite and he was coming back. . . Only for them to limp to the finish line and get blown out by army and make a big hire. We are getting consistently embarrassed and blown out.

I truly don’t believe Dannen wants to be known as the guy with the worst Tulane basketball team in history (in year 3) and brings the coach back.
He really doesn't want to fire him. He's not a trigger happy guy. Dannen shouldn't fear being known as a firing squad guy if he pulls the trigger - most young coaches will understand that if you 5-26, you're done.

Houston athletics is a ruthless enterprise. They'll fire a good person so they can hire a winning scumbag.