AAC Potential non conference upsets 2019

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I think we're due for a signature win and a program-changing recruit. A win against Auburn might provide both of those.

wave97
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:36 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:36 pm My preliminary analysis of TULANE's schedule:

Wins:
Missouri State
UConn
Navy
Tulsa

Losses:
Auburn
UCF

Toss Up:
FIU
Houston
Army
Memphis
Temple
SMU

If we can go 3-3 in the last category, that brings us to 7-5. Anything better this coming season would show we're a program that's truly on the rise. I don't think it's a given we go bowling, but there's just as much chance for 8+ wins as there is for 6 or fewer. IF we were to beat Auburn at Auburn, I'd revise my prediction to 9 wins!
I feel good about us beating smu. The FIU and Temple games will be much more challenging then people are giving them credit for. If we pound fiu we should feel real good about getting to 8-9 wins.
Temple chose a staff from Northern Illinois after Manny Diaz returned to the U.
Temple has done a fantastic job of hiring their staff over the last ten years, but I wonder if their luck is running out.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually I think they got lucky that Diaz left and made a good hire.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

It is rather amazing how many good hires in a row temple has made, and some bad luck that those coaches get poached so quickly.

It does seem like they’ve got to be “due” for a step back but that’s mostly wishful thinking.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:47 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:35 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:41 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:32 pm **IF** we beat Auburn @ Auburn, we’ll be favorites at home to beat UCF and Yulman will be slammed & rockin!

Do you realize that the UCF game is more than 2 months after the Auburn game?
I do realize that. So if we beat Auburn you don’t think we would be a favorite and likely ranked heading into a home game against UCF ? If we beat Auburn that would speak volumes about our team and quality of play and would likely mean we smoke most of the teams on our schedule (we likely would be favored in every game moving outside of Potentially @ army, @ Memphis).
I think those are some big assumptions. 1 win against Auburn isn’t going to have a great impact on the spread of the rest of the games.

I’ll tell you right now, we’ll be underdogs against Houston and @ Temple regardless of the results @ Auburn.
If we were 3-0 heading into houston (if we beat Auburn my assumption is we would be 3-0), I do wonder if we would be favorites at home against the . I would tend to think so but who knows. I think we would be ranked after beating FIU & Auburn. A fun game of what if and surely one I would like to see play out in real life.

Auburn’s coach is already on the hot seat, and a signature win for Tulane would definitely cost him his job. . . And sell out the stadium Yulman for the houston game