Houston Crushes Tulane 85-50 makes it 14 straight losses

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 1 on CBSSN. Houston is favored by 18.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Take Houston and lay 20. Take a second mortgage if necessary.
netshorty
Surge

Unbelievable that we have been double digit dogs in 8 of 12 conference games. We are 4-4 against the spread in these games. The worse spread the worse we perform. In spreads of 11.or more we are 1-4 against the spread. This will be the 2nd largest spread of the season. We failed to cover the 22 we were getting at Cincy. I'd agree with GL, lay the points.

Oddshark.com game simulators have the predicted score of 84-55 UH.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Newsflash: Houston is vey good and Tulane is very bad.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This game, which got interesting late in the first half and then again a few minutes into the second half when we cut it to 8, is now over with 13 minutes left after the Cougars went on a 14-0 run before Dunleavy FINALLY called a time out. Game over, we've lost our 15th game in a row.

I've got a thousand dollars for gcb to bet we're not over .500 next year. He'll probably say "10 wins would be a big step forward in 19-20. I say it's still two steps back from when Dunleavy got here. We suck.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:20 pm This game, which got interesting late in the first half and then again a few minutes into the second half when we cut it to 8, is now over with 13 minutes left after the Cougars went on a 14-0 run before Dunleavy FINALLY called a time out. Game over, we've lost our 15th game in a row.

I've got a thousand dollars for gcb to bet we're not over .500 next year. He'll probably say "10 wins would be a big step forward in 19-20. I say it's still two steps back from when Dunleavy got here. We suck.
It always feels like halftime is a killer with MD.
netshorty
Surge

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:34 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:20 pm This game, which got interesting late in the first half and then again a few minutes into the second half when we cut it to 8, is now over with 13 minutes left after the Cougars went on a 14-0 run before Dunleavy FINALLY called a time out. Game over, we've lost our 15th game in a row.

It always feels like halftime is a killer with MD.
you aren't insinuating that MD is being out coached with halftime adjustments? do we have to remind you that he's a former NBA coach of the year? and he doesn't even have a point guard. c'mon.
oliveandblue
Surge

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:17 pm Take Houston and lay 20. Take a second mortgage if necessary.
This is a great team to make money with. They haven't shown life in 8 of the last 10 games.
netshorty
Surge

Only 14 in a row D. You can copy paste after next game at Memphis.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

At least the baseball team looks like it's going to sweep GWU. Thank God for baseball to take the focus away from this dumpster fire.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I and most GB’s wisely decided to go to the baseball game. Meanwhile someone pointed this out while I was at the Turchin.
Houston made 17 "uncontested" 3 point shots.
Tulane now has the worst record D-1 basketball record in the country out of 315+ teams
- 2 others have 3 wins but less losses than Tulane's 4 wins and 20 losses.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:32 pm I and most GB’s wisely decided to go to the baseball game. Meanwhile someone pointed this out while I was at the Turchin.
Tulane now has the worst record D-1 basketball record in the country out of 315+ teams
Not surprised by that statistic. Houston moved the ball crisply, as a well coached team does. At the same time we stumbled around on defense like a group of zombies. This team is beyond embarrassing.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
ccap05
Surge

I was listening to the post game show on the Tulane all access video. The announcer said something to the effect of "across campus Tulane mens basketball was playing Houston. The game was much closer than expected with Houston winning 85-50." Talk about awesome commentary.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:32 pm I and most GB’s wisely decided to go to the baseball game. Meanwhile someone pointed this out while I was at the Turchin.
I just can’t believe TD can retain this guy. TD’s recent comments have to either be based on recruiting/preventing a mass exodus or simply based on the board telling him he can’t fire MD because of his buyout. I guess a distant third option is that TD is blinded by some personal relationship but literally everything points to MD not being a capable coach at this point.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like I've said it's the buyout. Tulane can't afford it.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:15 pm
I just can’t believe TD can retain this guy. TD’s recent comments have to either be based on recruiting/preventing a mass exodus or simply based on the board telling him he can’t fire MD because of his buyout. I guess a distant third option is that TD is blinded by some personal relationship but literally everything points to MD not being a capable coach at this point.
From Dunleavy’s introductory PC “I didn’t hire him to win the press conference, I hired him to win games,” Dannen said. “Mike wins both.”
GreenLantern
Riptide

Q: What do you call it when a school's football team wins twice as many games as the basketball team?
A: The Mike Dunleavy era

I couldn't summon the energy to go to today's game. It is tough considering giving up my season tickets next year, but there are a large number of worthwhile causes that will actually put the money to good use.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

And to think in his last win at Tulane our former head coach Ed Conroy beat Houston to advance to the AAC semifinals.
A side note he received an academic bonus each of his years there for GPA/APR performance.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
gbgreenie
Surge

Nice Crowd at the Basketball game, promise when Dunleavy cleared the bench, Chemistry between Wood and Crabtree both freshman. Future is very bright, you could see with the bench cleared Wood and Crabtree looked good handling the ball on the fast break, good chemistry between the two freshman. When a team has so much youth and injuries getting the best combination on the floor is not easy as the young players develop. Confident that with the returning injured players, newcomers coming in next year and further development of players like Wood and Crabtree, this will be a special team a year out. Look at baseball so far, look how one player turned Fritz from those that wanted him discarded, to a hero. This negative noise will shut down next year. No doubt in my mind looking at the whole picture, too many are quick to attack versus evaluating from day one to now to penetrate (cause and effect). If they took the time they would not be so negative. Roll Wave despite the Debbie downers!!!
netshorty
Surge

always good to evaluate players and the team during garbage time of a game. must be the reason for the garbage takes. I will say I was super impressed that we kept the game under a 40 point loss thanks to the final garbage time minutes. good analysis gbg. and I though you were just an idiot troll.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:22 pm Like I've said it's the buyout. Tulane can't afford it.
How much could the buyout possibly be ? $1m ? Is it possible we get him to agree to move into a senior roll with the program so he can save face and we bring in a young coach for $1.2m ? Similar to what ferry was doing for the pelicans- Dunleavy can do much less, live in New Orleans, we bring in a guy like Steve forbes/someone from the ivy/Furman or a Louisiana school and dunleavy can do the recruiting and hand shaking ?
Wave QB
Swell

My god. Help me continue to sit through this awful home show.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:03 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:22 pm Like I've said it's the buyout. Tulane can't afford it.
How much could the buyout possibly be ? $1m ? Is it possible we get him to agree to move into a senior roll with the program so he can save face and we bring in a young coach for $1.2m ? Similar to what ferry was doing for the pelicans- Dunleavy can do much less, live in New Orleans, we bring in a guy like Steve forbes/someone from the ivy/Furman or a Louisiana school and dunleavy can do the recruiting and hand shaking ?
He was given a six year contract. So he has three years left. Reliable sources have said he'll be back because Tulane can't afford the buyout. That's why we were fed that school of lies by TD last week.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

looks like an "at large" invite to the Big Dance has slipped away...hell, who wants to freeze their azz off in the twin cities anyway.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:24 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:03 pm
He was given a six year contract. So he has three years left. Reliable sources have said he'll be back because Tulane can't afford the buyout. That's why we were fed that school of lies by TD last week.
This is where our rich alums need to step up. At other schools, someone would come up with the money for the buyout and he'd be gone, rather than sitting through this for another couple of years.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson