Houston Crushes Tulane 85-50 makes it 14 straight losses

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:14 am
winwave wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:24 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:03 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:22 pm Like I've said it's the buyout. Tulane can't afford it.
How much could the buyout possibly be ? $1m ? Is it possible we get him to agree to move into a senior roll with the program so he can save face and we bring in a young coach for $1.2m ? Similar to what ferry was doing for the pelicans- Dunleavy can do much less, live in New Orleans, we bring in a guy like Steve forbes/someone from the ivy/Furman or a Louisiana school and dunleavy can do the recruiting and hand shaking ?
He was given a six year contract. So he has three years left. Reliable sources have said he'll be back because Tulane can't afford the buyout. That's why we were fed that school of lies by TD last week.
This is where our rich alums need to step up. At other schools, someone would come up with the money for the buyout and he'd be gone, rather than sitting through this for another couple of years.
I agree. But I would say Tulane can’t afford not to fire him. On top of that Tulane has increased its subsidies substantially to the athletic dept to the tune of an additional $8-10 million a year. Surely
they can find the means to cut MD lose.
You lose at home to SELA, lose rent a wins against Alabama A&M and Townson St, ULL and have 1 conference win in 2 years and 4 total wins in year 3 how can you not find the means to fire your coach?

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:33 am
winwave wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:22 pm Like I've said it's the buyout. Tulane can't afford it.
How much could the buyout possibly be ? $1m ? Is it possible we get him to agree to move into a senior roll with the program so he can save face and we bring in a young coach for $1.2m ? Similar to what ferry was doing for the pelicans- Dunleavy can do much less, live in New Orleans, we bring in a guy like Steve forbes/someone from the ivy/Furman or a Louisiana school and dunleavy can do the recruiting and hand shaking ?
He was given a six year contract. So he has three years left. Reliable sources have said he'll be back because Tulane can't afford the buyout. That's why we were fed that school of lies by TD last week.
This is where our rich alums need to step up. At other schools, someone would come up with the money for the buyout and he'd be gone, rather than sitting through this for another couple of years.
I agree. But I would say Tulane can’t afford not to fire him. On top of that Tulane has increased its subsidies substantially to the athletic dept to the tune of an additional $8-10 million a year. Surely they can find the means to cut MD lose.
Fitts needs to declare a University Emergency and void the contract. 😜😜😜
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:38 am
I agree. But I would say Tulane can’t afford not to fire him. On top of that Tulane has increased its subsidies substantially to the athletic dept to the tune of an additional $8-10 million a year. Surely they can find the means to cut MD lose.
Fitts needs to declare a University Emergency and void the contract. 😜😜😜

H-town....I agree...no wall neded, just a pink slip
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
swampnik
Surge

Frustration starting to show during this game (from listening on radio to Graff): Embo yelling from the bench at a UH player, Sehic in a tussle twice, and the "classic reaction" during waning seconds left where Graff was just lamenting the umps looking closely at a video call when everyone just wanted this disaster to be over.
Perhaps the boys will regroup like under
Conroy and relieve their frustrations by going far in the AAC tournament in March?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Right. That's what would happen at other schools . Unfortunately we don't seem to have any rich alums that interested to pony up. Hope one of them shocks us.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I agree. But I would say Tulane can’t afford not to fire him. On top of that Tulane has increased its subsidies substantially to the athletic dept to the tune of an additional $8-10 million a year. Surely
they can find the means to cut MD lose.
You lose at home to SELA, lose rent a wins against Alabama A&M and Townson St, ULL and have 1 conference win in 2 years and 4 total wins in year 3 how can you not find the means to fire your coach?
No doubt. That's how all of us see it. Yet we heard all the BS pour out of Dannen's mouth last week because they can't find the money. Keep buying those Powerball tickets.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
gbgreenie
Surge

No buyout, no firing, Dunleavy is not going anywhere are you guys that braindead. No means No!!! Get a life and move on, because you are blowing in the wind, waste of your time and waste of everyones time. Unbelievable,!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:31 pm
Right. That's what would happen at other schools . Unfortunately we don't seem to have any rich alums that interested to pony up. Hope one of them shocks us.
At those other schools, the alums have long had pride in their alma mater’s athletic teams, and hence a willingness to provide financial support when needed. This is something that Tulane leadership has never understood. There is a price to be paid for being clueless for almost 70 years.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:12 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:31 pm
At those other schools, the alums have long had pride in their alma mater’s athletic teams, and hence a willingness to provide financial support when needed. This is something that Tulane leadership has never understood. There is a price to be paid for being clueless for almost 70 years.
Exactly.