Free tuition Fail Wave embarrassed by Tulsa at home 80-57 for its 13th straight loss

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Chance to win FREE TUITION

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

Should be emailed to every parent and guardian . Anything less than SRO will be inexplicable .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:13 pm Chance to win FREE TUITION
God I hope someone wins this.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I, personally vote for the free beer giveaway
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I wish they would do a spell check before posting something like that. What does "NFOR" mean?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
WavyHoops
High Tide

I have visions of parents madly texting their kids to skip classes and start practicing half-court shots.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 6 on ESPNU. Tulsa is favored by 7. Could tonight be the night? Tulsa has had problems on the road in conference. Missing their girls on the big night. Over looking the Wave? Can MD get tit done? Glad I have plans. BTW, The Cure Bowl Champs get honored at the game tonight.Maybe that will inspire us to victory.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Seconds before tipoff. Smallest crowd I’ve seen at a home game.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

There is almost nobody there— a precursor of next season with MD. Two really bad teams—turnovers and missed shots galore. Tulsa looks so bad, we might have a chance tonight.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I hope Dannen is at the game, and soaking up the exciting environment created by an empty arena. A glimpse into the future.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I wish I was there- I’d berate and drag my cousins who are currently enrolled at Tulane and go win that free tuition. Hell, I’d go by myself. . . I could always use a free masters degree
nawlinspete
Riptide

If Dannen is driving Dunleavy home after this disgrace he should fire MD as they pull up to MD's house.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

23% shooting. 8 turnovers with 11 minutes left in game . 23% . Great coaching !
msdos
Swell

You forgot the most important percentage.

100% returning
GreenLantern
Riptide

This is Devlin 2-3 minutes before tipoff. A few people showed up during the Star Spangled Banner and the entire football team came for the Care Bowl acknowledgement at halftime.

GreenLantern
Riptide

Someone had a very clever idea to attract students to the game. This inflatable is located on the McAllister walkway by the student entrance to Devlin. Everyone crossing Freret has to walk under it. I believe that many (most?) students are unaware of basketball games.

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Another 20+ point beat down, this time at home, by another bad team—giving Tulsa their first conference win on the road. Tulane and MD are the elixir that cures any opponent’s ills.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulsa gets its first conference road win:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... a0074.html
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

The undergrads I know are basketball fans and some are former HS players and they are very aware of the Green Wave. That’s why they aren’t going to the games.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

" The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself"....MD will be fine, he will have Tulane in the Big Dance next year and the Final Four in two years, way too much overreaction to the play and the results that have been seen and recorded...that said, there is no border crsiis, unless your state borders Mexico, Opioids are a passing fad,and MS-13 is not a "gang", but a service organization
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

Yo, so where is the troll GB this morning after this loss?
Over on Yoggie?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:30 am " The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself"....MD will be fine, he will have Tulane in the Big Dance next year and the Final Four in two years, way too much overreaction to the play and the results that have been seen and recorded...that said, there is no border crsiis, unless your state borders Mexico, Opioids are a passing fad,and MS-13 is not a "gang", but a service organization
😂😂😂. Golf, did you find a bottle of gbg pills?
netshorty
Surge

this is the first game, that if available on TV, I did not watch or record. I can give no commentary on the performance of the team but the takeaway from the peripheral activities is pretty powerful.

A marketing strategy aimed directly at the students with the free tuition giveaway couldn't draw any interest. This free lottery ticket isn't worth the pain to sit thru a half of basketball.

Introducing the bowl champion football team to an empty arena has to be demoralizing for the football team. We struggle to get fan support at football games and this team, that is to be recognized, walks in and are immediately reinforced with one of the biggest negatives of playing for Tulane, fan support. They must have thought it was a big waste of time and that there is no love for any athletics.

Not a good night for TD.
netshorty
Surge

Bigschtick wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:13 am Yo, so where is the troll GB this morning after this loss?
Over on Yoggie?
schtick, still no PG so still can't judge.
Bigschtick
Riptide

netshorty wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:29 am this is the first game, that if available on TV, I did not watch or record. I can give no commentary on the performance of the team but the takeaway from the peripheral activities is pretty powerful.

A marketing strategy aimed directly at the students with the free tuition giveaway couldn't draw any interest. This free lottery ticket isn't worth the pain to sit thru a half of basketball.

Introducing the bowl champion football team to an empty arena has to be demoralizing for the football team. We struggle to get fan support at football games and this team, that is to be recognized, walks in and are immediately reinforced with one of the biggest negatives of playing for Tulane, fan support. They must have thought it was a big waste of time and that there is no love for any athletics.

Not a good night for TD.

Well said! Can you imagine how everyone on the team felt? What the hell am I doing at Tulane. I hope Dannen was there. Unbelievable! Only at Tulane. Every person there must have felt complete embarrassment except perhaps Dunleavy.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!