2019 Bill C’s S&P Tulane football ranking & league projections

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I think he is wayyyyy off with our ranking. I see us in the 70’s . . . If not higher ! I would bet the farm we will be better then SMU & Tulsa. Thoughts?

26. Memphis
27. UCF
44. Cincy
66. Temple
71. USF
73. Houston
85. SMU
95. Tulsa
98. Tulane
113. ECU
118. Navy
129. UConn

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... rojections

winwave
Top of the WAVE

I think and certainly hope he's wrong. In this case I just consider the source.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:19 pm I think and certainly hope he's wrong. In this case I just consider the source.
I do find it strange that he expects us to be worse.
What do you mean by considering the source? Is this guy a hack or something?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I just don't think much of that site at all.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

He is decently well respected. The rankings of teams don’t take into account his personal feelings about teams, it’s just his algorithm.

He is always tweaking the algorithm to make it more accurate. If you click on the article he breaks it all down. It does take into account 5 year history . . . Which without a doubt would be dragging us down. Someone needs to tell the algorithm we put out the dumpster fire and put cowdick out to pasture.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:42 pm He is decently well respected. The rankings of teams don’t take into account his personal feelings about teams, it’s just his algorithm.

He is always tweaking the algorithm to make it more accurate. If you click on the article he breaks it all down. It does take into account 5 year history . . . Which without a doubt would be dragging us down. Someone needs to tell the algorithm we put out the dumpster fire and put cowdick out to pasture.
Using his methodology, it completely makes sense, and, because that is the case, I supposed it would depend on how much faith someone puts into what he does.

I will be interested to see his team breakdown for Tulane, but that probably won't come out until May/June.

EDIT: He projected the 2018 team at 5-7, and Tulane beat that by 1 (regular season only).
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

There are only 3 teams that, on paper, or significantly better than Tulane.. UCF, Cincy and Memphis....I may give UH an edge just becasue the new Coach will change many atttiudes...UH basically quit on the good Major, many of the players did not want him, they wanted the guy who is the DC at TU @ Austin....all the other teams can be lumped in a bag, shaken, not stirred, and the rankings would have the same amount of credibility.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
AugWave
Swell

I'm sure we'll finish higher than that. If we don't, it'll be a disappointment but no reason to panic. The program is in good hands for the long haul.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

CFN's projected win total for each AAC Team

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/02 ... rojections
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think ECU gets 6 wins under Mike Houston.

Also, if you read the CFN recruiting rankings, they have us just ahead of La Tech and UL-L. For whatever that is worth (as you know I put little faith in recruiting ratings.)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Cfn has us at 6.5 wins which I guess is what I expect them to have us at. There really isn’t anything new in any of these previews and their predictions are rather . . . Simple. They overank USF and like the usual suspects of Houston/Memphis/UCF/Cinci, which Is fine given they have been the conference leaders.

Extremely excited to turn some heads this year and shake up the balance in the conference.

Any predictions on most likely non conference upsets ?

Top Ten American Athletic Non-Conference Games

1. Cincinnati at Ohio State, Sept. 7
2. Stanford at UCF, Sept. 14
3. UCLA at Cincinnati, Aug. 29
4. Houston vs. Washington State (in Houston), Sept. 13
5. Houston at Oklahoma, Aug. 31
6. Wisconsin at USF, Aug. 30
7. UCF at Pitt, Sept. 21
8. Ole Miss at Memphis, Aug. 31
9. USF at Georgia Tech, Sept. 7
10. Houston at North Texas Sept. 28