Lowly ECU Beats Tulane 66-65

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
pansdad
Ripple

I have to admit that I do not like today's basketball. I think they should raise the rim about 2 feet to minimize dunking (which rarely happened in my youth). That aside, I always pull for Tulane to win in any sport. I have followed Tulane basketball during MD's tenure. When he was hired I thought maybe we found a person who could really lead our basketball team to an NCAA invite.

Well, I think any rational individual must agree that this "experiment" has been a monumental failure. Looking at the incoming recruits (even though they have been highly praised) I am not impressed. I sincerely hope that our Director of Athletics does not fall into the trap of previous regimes. It is time for Dannon to admit that this was a mistake and move on. I doubt that Elijah will actually wind up here even if MD remains the coach.

I think we need an "up and comer" assistant (not like Conroy, a mediocre head coach from a mediocre program), give him some more resources and pray!

pansdad
Ripple

One more comment: the losses this season are beyond embarrassing. Maybe we should try playing John Curtis?
Eaglewave
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:59 pm Lack of point guard to run the floor is so obvious. Like a team without a quarterback. Looks just like the Football team before McMillion took over. Point guard that can penetrate, dish off, run the plays. Daniels is a good off guard, that a point guard could help him excel more. Cornish does not need to be handling the ball. Need Wood and Conner to develop but lack of a point guard is hindering their development. Zwang needs to play on the wing. Paul is playing well, Sehic not playing as well trimming up last year he was more valuable inside. Too many trying to handle the ball, the good point guard would take that away and set up the plays. Others could concentrate on shooting versus dribbling to get open. Help and priority for next two years get and develop depth at point guard, with that this team will excel like Risen Star did in the Belmont!!!

Nice attitude, but Dunleavy will be gone after this historical embarrassment. We have a great chance at going 0-18 in the conference! That’s unacceptable. Losing to ULL, Alabama A&M and SLU isn’t something that builds confidence or character in a program that is trying prove that it belongs in the former Big East Conference. We are the worst division basketball team in Louisiana right now. What part of “we lost to Alabama A&M” don’t you understand? We are in serous trouble. ECU (who lost to James Madison earlier in the year), should have been beaten by 10.

It’s over for Dunleavy. This team is just rolling with the bumps in the road and takes chances on being used for goods for other teams. This means Dunleavy has turned us into trash!

Alabama A&M?
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

Emailed this to our AD this morning!

For a great low rate we could get on line, call up the General and save some time!

http://www.lsuagenerals.com/SIDHelp/m/2 ... aro%7C.php
Ball Sumrall!
Bigschtick
Riptide

This team could not buy a win!. Just completely pathetic.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Eaglewave wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:03 am Emailed this to our AD this morning!

For a great low rate we could get on line, call up the General and save some time!

I would bet we'd be no worse than .500 with this guy as our coach.

Give him a decent base salary, say $600k, with BIG incentives to reach the NCAA and lesser ones for the NIT.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Impressive for sure. I like his recruiting pedigree.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

So close but yet so far. This must really leave a bitter taste in the mouth of players after this game. Cornish turns it over. Good rebounding again! Bad turnovers! Wood starting to find his groove. Let's get the upset win this Saturday at Devlin over Temple. Focus guys!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Wave QB
Swell

cajunfanatico
Swell

Eaglewave wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:51 am Losing to ULL, Alabama A&M and SLU isn’t something that builds confidence or character in a program that is trying prove that it belongs in the former Big East Conference.
Okay, I gotta ask. Why would you throw ULL in there? Alabama A&M and SLU, yeah, I can see those losses being embarrassing. RPI as of today.....Cajuns 180, Alabama A&M 345, SLU 304, Tulane 303.

Last year the Cajuns finished 27-7, 16-2 in conference and because of a late-season injury to our top player, ended up in the NIT instead of the NCAA's. The head coach was named Coach of the Year in the State of Louisiana. We played in the NCAA's in 2014.

This year we're pissing around and losing games we have no reason losing. And you know what, most of our fans are ready to run the coach off because he's underperforming. He had a good year last year, but overall, he's been middle of the road in a crappy basketball conference.

You guys should hire him. He'd be a big fish hire to be sure.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We want nothing to do with a UL-L reject coach, and you answered your own question with your RPI ranking. Yes, it's way higher than ours, but it still stinks.
gbgreenie
Surge

Moving on neysayers, clear how this team is hurting without the point guard, help is on the way then you Debbie do downers can end this negatism because Dunleavy ain't going anywhere anytime soon.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Win a game! Win a game! It's time, 4 wins regardless of injuries, against this schedule is absolutely inexcusable.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:12 am

Impressive for sure. I like his recruiting pedigree.
Speaking of “The General”, and Dannen’s propensity for hiring old coaches, maybe he will make a run for and resurrect Bobby Knight. Can you imagine Knight coaching this team? With the lack of fundamentals that we have, we’d have to fire Knight within the first month due to player abuse. Bobby Knight and this Tulane team—a comical oxymoron.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana