Reddit: If you were independently wealthy and a skilled basketball coach where would you go to coach?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

An interesting little conversation that I clicked on to add Tulane to the discussion only to see that I was beaten to the punch . . . We were already the #1 response.

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:40 pm An interesting little conversation that I clicked on to add Tulane to the discussion only to see that I was beaten to the punch . . . We were already the #1 response.

But the question refers to a “skilled coach”—how do we qualify?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't know what to make of this thread, the article it focuses on, or the relevance to the situation Tulane Basketball is in. My guess is that Mike Dunleavy is wealthy due to his long NBA Tenure both coaching and playing, but I don't know that for sure. I also don't know that he's given anyone outside of Tulane an indication that he's able to coach at the NCAA D1 level. And I haven't read that, due to his independent wealth, he's willing to donate his salary back into the Athletic Department, where it's desperately needed and would sure do more for Tulane than where it's going now.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
pansdad
Ripple

Duke. I would want to immediately win a national championship :-)