Tulane/LSU FB Camp 2019

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:33 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:09 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:01 am
If Lousiana is so loaded with talent, why is 50 percent of LSU's roster, the Flagship U of the state, made up of kids not from Louisiana ?
Probably because they only want the 4-5 star recruits. Not enough per capita here I suppose.
That, and programs trying to compete at the highest levels are now recruiting nationally. Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc. are all big players in recruiting across the country. A top program may focus on a state, but it will still get top players from other states.
Oklahoma and Okie State have to recruit texas, about 75 percent of their total rosters are Texas kids, there are not near enuff high school players in Oklahoma to make any type of difference...same for ND, how many kids in Indiana are on College rosters...UT has 13 players from outside the state of Texas ....The Ohio State U roster list 44 not from Ohio, 15 from the state of Texas.....'Bama has 60 from outside of the state...18 from Texas, 4 from Louisiana

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:08 pm
If Lousiana is so loaded with talent, why is 50 percent of LSU's roster, the Flagship U of the state, made up of kids not from Louisiana ?
Probably because they only want the 4-5 star recruits. Not enough per capita here I suppose.
That, and programs trying to compete at the highest levels are now recruiting nationally. Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc. are all big players in recruiting across the country. A top program may focus on a state, but it will still get top players from other states.
Oklahoma and Okie State have to recruit texas, about 75 percent of their total rosters are Texas kids, there are not near enuff high school players in Oklahoma to make any type of difference...same for ND, how many kids in Indiana are on College rosters...UT has 13 players from outside the state of Texas ....The Ohio State U roster list 44 not from Ohio, 15 from the state of Texas.....'Bama has 60 from outside of the state...18 from Texas, 4 from Louisiana
What is ur point?

Btw OU’s roster is not 75% TX. Not sure that maters.

La is on top of the next group of elite recruiting states yet only has one P5 program.

College coaches are getting paid ridiculous salaries with massive recruiting budgets and private planes. This is a multi billions dollar industry with private recruiting firms showing the way. TU has an opportunity if it wants it.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Over 800 prospects participated. Other Louisiana coaching staffs besides LSU also were invited and participated. (Nicholls, ULL, SELA etc)
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:58 pm
What is ur point?

La is on top of the next group of elite recruiting states yet only has one P5 program.

College coaches are getting paid ridiculous salaries with massive recruiting budgets and private planes. This is a multi billions dollar industry with private recruiting firms showing the way. TU has an opportunity if it wants it.
Ou has 90 players on the 2019 roster 39 from Texas....Okie State has 80 players listed 28 from Texas
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:45 pm
What is ur point?

Ou has 90 players on the 2019 roster 39 from Texas....Okie State has 80 players listed 28 from Texas
I am also confused by this post. So it is about 30-40% then?

Still a high number but makes sense based on the massive population differences between the states.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:05 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:45 pm
What is ur point?

I am also confused by this post. So it is about 30-40% then?

Still a high number but makes sense based on the massive population differences between the states.
no need for confusion..Stoops recruited the high schools in Texas...the current staff is looking more at the JUCO's...that is why the percentage is so low now...a few years it ago it was close to 70 percent from Texas, especially kids from the DFW metro plex area...
wave97
Swell

The supply of high school football talent has been cratering for decades. States like South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky & Georgia are growing due to low cost of living and well paying manufacturing jobs & right-to-work status. There will be a bump in recruiting these states - in another 15 years we won't recognize Texas & Florida.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Notre Dame's 2018-19 roster featured four players from the fine state of Texas.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

One of the better moves from camp
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

How condescending of Orgeron to say that he thought Tulane had two or three players who could make his 85 man roster .

Why do we need LSU ? We would have a just as successful camp with Michigan , aTm , Ole Miss or many others .

And speaking of bad grammar coach Jewett is a debate team champion compared to Orgeron .

Until LSU is willing go play us in, BB , and Baseball screws them . Willing , as in getting us on their schedules including the "supposedly promised " cancellation FB game and many more scheduled FB games .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Pete, this is one of the few things we agree on. Until LSU will schedule us, we shouldn't do a damned thing to help them with football recruiting camps, and should use the opportunity to invite their enemies into the territory. As we all know, directing a kid to go to Alabama wouldn't be taking a recruit away from Tulane, but would be a thorn in the side of LSU.

ROLL WAVE!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I don’t like the idea of camping with LSU, but I have to trust Fritz’ judgement on whether it’s a net plus or minus for Tulane. I think this is the third such camp, and we have to admit that the two previous recruiting classes were quite good. 2018 was a very strong class, 2019 not far behind the 2018 class, and the 2020 class is shaping up to be outstanding. Our primary goal has to be to win AAC championships, and put us near the top of any P5 expansion list. Equity with LSU has to be a secondary goal, despite the emotional DNA that we all carry.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

“The Jet”

Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Wow, i wasnt aware of that hillbilly Orgeron making that statement about 2-3 tulane players being capable of making LSU’s 85 man roster. That is beyond rude and makes me furious. Also thats horse shit. Man i would love to play them again . . .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Does someone have the exact video clip/quote ? i read elsewhere that he used the word outhouse in reference to us as well ?! It may have been (i hope) a tulane fans hyperbole.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:56 pm I don’t like the idea of camping with LSU, but I have to trust Fritz’ judgement on whether it’s a net plus or minus for Tulane. I think this is the third such camp, and we have to admit that the two previous recruiting classes were quite good. 2018 was a very strong class, 2019 not far behind the 2018 class, and the 2020 class is shaping up to be outstanding. Our primary goal has to be to win AAC championships, and put us near the top of any P5 expansion list. Equity with LSU has to be a secondary goal, despite the emotional DNA that we all carry.
🤔, but last year we camped with LSWho and only signed four in-state players? Although so far this year of our 4 commits, all are from Louisiana? But, perhaps our 4 Louisiana commits to date for this year are better explained by a winning season in 2019 and Will Hall as new OC rather than camping with ‘dem Tigggers of “mighty” LSWho?
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

While i dont love the quote and comparisons, there was nothing wrong with what orgeron said. It sounded like he was talking about how sexy his cousins from Louisiana were, and with further development how he'd love a crack at her (them) . : :
Aberzombie1892
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:56 pm I don’t like the idea of camping with LSU, but I have to trust Fritz’ judgement on whether it’s a net plus or minus for Tulane. I think this is the third such camp, and we have to admit that the two previous recruiting classes were quite good. 2018 was a very strong class, 2019 not far behind the 2018 class, and the 2020 class is shaping up to be outstanding. Our primary goal has to be to win AAC championships, and put us near the top of any P5 expansion list. Equity with LSU has to be a secondary goal, despite the emotional DNA that we all carry.
The 2019 class was bad - it was almost as bad as the 2017 class. The 2018 class was much better, but it seems like a fluke given how the other classes have played out.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:57 am The 2019 class was bad - it was almost as bad as the 2017 class. The 2018 class was much better, but it seems like a fluke given how the other classes have played out.
BS. We've been down this road ad naseum. The 2019 class wasn't bad it was one of the best since they started rankings. It wasn't 25-27 recruits, so it's CUMULATIVE ranking wasn't that great, but the average player ranking was something like 3rd best this century.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:57 am
The 2019 class was bad - it was almost as bad as the 2017 class. The 2018 class was much better, but it seems like a fluke given how the other classes have played out.
2019 class was not bad. We used more of our schollies on transfers in 2019, and even the high schoolers we signed weren't that far behind the 2018 class. And now, the 2020 class is looking super thus far. Trust Fritz to know whether camping with LSU is a net positive for recruiting.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:56 am
2019 class was not bad. We used more of our schollies on transfers in 2019, and even the high schoolers we signed weren't that far behind the 2018 class. And now, the 2020 class is looking super thus far. Trust Fritz to know whether camping with LSU is a net positive for recruiting.
Just because recruiting has been good does not necessarily do anything to justify that the LSU couple hour shared camp was the catalyst. With that said, I do trust Fritz obviously far more than us wacky fans. I am just sometime skeptical that LSU is bullying TU and TU is afraid that cancelling the camp will total severe the relationship.
wave97
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:14 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:56 am
Just because recruiting has been good does not necessarily do anything to justify that the LSU couple hour shared camp was the catalyst. With that said, I do trust Fritz obviously far more than us wacky fans. I am just sometime skeptical that LSU is bullying TU and TU is afraid that cancelling the camp will total severe the relationship.
I have no doubt that TD and Coach Fritz are biding their time for a day when we've elevated our in-state recruiting as the defacto #2 destination before working with top end Big12 & BigTen programs. We can leverage future 1 & 1 ooc matchups, even if it means buying out current games on the schedule.
When we get this thing turned around we need to respond quickly to make up for generations of ground lost.
Last edited by wave97 on Thu May 30, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sader24
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:12 am How condescending of Orgeron to say that he thought Tulane had two or three players who could make his 85 man roster .

Why do we need LSU ? We would have a just as successful camp with Michigan , aTm , Ole Miss or many others .

And speaking of bad grammar coach Jewett is a debate team champion compared to Orgeron .

Until LSU is willing go play us in, BB , and Baseball screws them . Willing , as in getting us on their schedules including the "supposedly promised " cancellation FB game and many more scheduled FB games .
That’s not what he said. He was watching our OLine and DLine and said he saw a couple of guys who could play at LSU implying they could start/play. He said nothing close to there are only 2/3 guys on our entire roster who could make their 85 man roster. Considering how our Lines were for years I take it as a compliment actually.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:14 pm Does someone have the exact video clip/quote ? i read elsewhere that he used the word outhouse in reference to us as well ?! It may have been (i hope) a tulane fans hyperbole.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)