UCF Whips the Wave 75-50

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
netshorty
Surge

winwave wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:07 pm Can't shoot:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 39e47.html

UCF is favored by 13.
all 3 conference home gamea as double digit dogs...but honestly can't believe we're not closer to 20 point dogs
netshorty
Surge

loving Dunleavy's substitution pattern. sub out a guy when he makes a careless turnover and doesn't take too long before he returns because everyone else has turned it over or forced a stupid shot.
netshorty
Surge

just a point guard away boys... bright side...
anEngineer
Riptide

netshorty wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:45 pm just a point guard away boys... bright side...
Your history tells me that you are being sarcastic, but without a point guard, no one beats anyone; and this team has NONE that are active players.
netshorty
Surge

yep, having a point guard last year with more surrounding talent turned out swimmingly. No doubt MD's failure to recruit a point guard is contributing to getting slaughtered. But we have a nice sample of what to expect when he does have a point guard on the court and it's still terrible.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I went to the game tonight and despite the score, I was entertained. There was no quit in our guys. They played hard until the end. A more statistical analysis follows.

We were getting blown out before the half and I felt the beginnings of frustration. Before despair could take a firm hold, I took gbgreenie's advice: By games end we had shot only 33% from the field, but then I remembered how he explained that more time and longer coaching contracts will resolve this. We turned the ball over 19 times compared to UCF's 11, but that too takes time to correct. Sometimes years. Our bench scored only 8 points while UCF's scored 19.

Tulane scored 20 points inside the paint compared to UCF's 40. This may have been the most glaring stat of the game. But you know what? Given enough time, good coaching will prevail and this will be fixed. We scored 7 points off turnovers, whereas UCF scored 21. You can't get impatient and expect a quick improvement concerning turnover scores. You know that, huh? Time.

Concerning fastbreak points we scored 4 to their 17. This will improve in another year or two. Sometimes it takes more.

This was the sixth game of conference play and we have not held the lead in any game since the first few seconds of the first game against Cincy. You do realize that it takes time to teach this, right?

In summary, it would have been a pretty miserable evening had it not been for gbgreenie. Thanks, man. By the way, have you ever been to a game?

One last thing. My wife joined me at the game tonight. This was a rare treat. She usually does something on her phone while I'm watching the game, but she pretends to have a good time. During the Shockwave's dance performance, she pointed out that the girls have very tight undergarments and sometimes this apparel bunches into anatomical crevices revealing too much flesh. I assured her that I had never noticed, but reminded her that dance training takes time and she must show patience. .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:59 am I went to the game tonight and despite the score, I was entertained. There was no quit in our guys. They played hard until the end. A more statistical analysis follows.

We were getting blown out before the half and I felt the beginnings of frustration. Before despair could take a firm hold, I took gbgreenie's advice: By games end we had shot only 33% from the field, but then I remembered how he explained that more time and longer coaching contracts will resolve this. We turned the ball over 19 times compared to UCF's 11, but that too takes time to correct. Sometimes years. Our bench scored only 8 points while UCF's scored 19.

Tulane scored 20 points inside the paint compared to UCF's 40. This may have been the most glaring stat of the game. But you know what? Given enough time, good coaching will prevail and this will be fixed. We scored 7 points off turnovers, whereas UCF scored 21. You can't get impatient and expect a quick improvement concerning turnover scores. You know that, huh? Time.

Concerning fastbreak points we scored 4 to their 17. This will improve in another year or two. Sometimes it takes more.

This was the sixth game of conference play and we have not held the lead in any game since the first few seconds of the first game against Cincy. You do realize that it takes time to teach this, right?

In summary, it would have been a pretty miserable evening had it not been for gbgreenie. Thanks, man. By the way, have you ever been to a game?

One last thing. My wife joined me at the game tonight. This was a rare treat. She usually does something on her phone while I'm watching the game, but she pretends to have a good time. During the Shockwave's dance performance, she pointed out that the girls have very tight undergarments and sometimes this apparel bunches into anatomical crevices revealing too much flesh. I assured her that I had never noticed, but reminded her that dance training takes time and she must show patience. .
LMFAO. Great post!

I hope the recent recruiting news isn't considered enough to justify staying the course.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
gbgreenie
Surge

We will stay the course as the Wave is starting to pull in the best talent it has ever recruited. Now quit wasting the programs time with this negativity that could hurt recruiting in the future.
netshorty
Surge

The job requires recruiting and coaching. Recruiting has been mostly average (compared to the league) and possibly there is some more talented players to come. However the guy cannot coach. I don't care the excuse (injuries, transfers, players he inherited) he is not a good team coach. I'll give some credit for helping get 2 kids to NBA camps but if individual improvement does not translate into team improvement then it doesn't really matter to our program.

It is always refreshing to hear other views., facts and info on this board. But I am now convinced that gb is not a Tulane fan. No one that really wants this program to be successful would have this view. There are many things that are debatable in our athletics department. MDs capabilities to make us a winner is not one of them. Like others on this board I won't respond directly to any other posts from gb. I've not quoted his latest take so that those of you that have him on ignore aren't nauseated by it.
greenie78
Riptide

gbgreenie wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:25 am We will stay the course as the Wave is starting to pull in the best talent it has ever recruited. Now quit wasting the programs time with this negativity that could hurt recruiting in the future.
Quit wasting time supporting a hack who hasn't been a good coach anywhere. You're not a real fan.