Tulane vs North Texas Future FB

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Not thrilled about this. 2028 and 2029 schedule.
https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/01/tul ... -2029.html

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
cajunfanatico
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:21 pm Not thrilled about this. 2028 and 2029 schedule.
https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/01/tul ... -2029.html
Why not?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

tps,

As much as we'd like to play four P5s or three P5s and an FCS for OOC, its not going to happen. We're going to have to play a couple of G5s every year. At least North Texas is pretty decent most years, so it won't be an RPI issue. Now if they had scheduled Texas State, I'd have a problem with that.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:52 pm tps,

As much as we'd like to play four P5s or three P5s and an FCS for OOC, its not going to happen. We're going to have to play a couple of G5s every year. At least North Texas is pretty decent most years, so it won't be an RPI issue. Now if they had scheduled Texas State, I'd have a problem with that.
Right but from a fan standpoint. Not really interested in playing them. Southern Miss would be better.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I won't be around to see it......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:57 pm

Right but from a fan standpoint. Not really interested in playing them. Southern Miss would be better.
Agree. USM would be much preferred by our fans. You would have decent or better crowds at those games. UNT does nothing for our fans.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

The problem with North Texas is that they are too competitive. Not sure wins by any means. Couldn’t they get lesser program to play at Tulane twice or 2 for 1 like we have to do with P5 schools? I guess the answer is no.
cajunfanatico
Swell

North Texas AD Wren Baker is doing something few other G5 programs have been able to accomplish.......signing home and home series with P5 programs.
Since being named the AD at UNT, Wren Baker has now signed 3 home and home series with P5 programs (Texas Tech, Cal, and now Baylor). Baker has not signed a body-bag game since taking over the North Texas Athletic Department, and will not going forward. The home and home scheduling is the new standard at UNT. Cal will be the first of the P5 programs to head to UNT in 2022.

Under the previous AD, North Texas played an annual money game on the road. The last of these annual paycheck games will be played in 2021, when the Mean Green travel to Missouri. And the last body-bag game signed by our previous administration will be at Wisconsin in 2025.

North Texas also signed on to host Army in 2028.

https://csnbbs.com/printthread.php?tid=868917
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

From a fan standpoint, yes.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:16 am The problem with North Texas is that they are too competitive. Not sure wins by any means. Couldn’t they get lesser program to play at Tulane twice or 2 for 1 like we have to do with P5 schools? I guess the answer is no.
Dickson era thinking there, Jaxwave. That's 10 years from now. By that point, if we do what we're supposed to, we shouldn't be afraid to play any G5 program. Look at it this way, do you think Cincinnati or UCF would be afraid to play them?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:53 am North Texas AD Wren Baker is doing something few other G5 programs have been able to accomplish.......signing home and home series with P5 programs.
Since being named the AD at UNT, Wren Baker has now signed 3 home and home series with P5 programs (Texas Tech, Cal, and now Baylor). Baker has not signed a body-bag game since taking over the North Texas Athletic Department, and will not going forward. The home and home scheduling is the new standard at UNT. Cal will be the first of the P5 programs to head to UNT in 2022.

Under the previous AD, North Texas played an annual money game on the road. The last of these annual paycheck games will be played in 2021, when the Mean Green travel to Missouri. And the last body-bag game signed by our previous administration will be at Wisconsin in 2025.

North Texas also signed on to host Army in 2028.

https://csnbbs.com/printthread.php?tid=868917
c'mon...look at the PEE's he signed..TX Tech, Baylor,..both of these will use this "away" game as selling point to recruits, especially the one's in DFW...Army needs the Texas exposure, especially DFW for "recruiting'...I mean Appointments to the West Point...why the hell ya think Gladchuck insisted in being in the west division of the AAC...Cal is somwwhat of a mystery, unless they just wanna come and visit Sonny Dykes......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

+,1, nobody around here could care less about N. Texas St. I admired Houston a couple of years ago when they had a home & home with UCLA. That is "thinking big," N. Texas St. is "thinking small." Dannen has to remember Tulane is a famous national university in a world famous city. he is no longer at N. Iowa State.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I wouldn't mind us scheduling a home and home with someone like Cal. That would be interesting.I mean, if N. TX can do it, why not us?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:02 pm I wouldn't mind us scheduling a home and home with someone like Cal. That would be interesting.I mean, if N. TX can do it, why not us?
Cal has about 10 kids from Texas on their roster, they may have one or two from Mississippi...none from Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:23 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:02 pm I wouldn't mind us scheduling a home and home with someone like Cal. That would be interesting.I mean, if N. TX can do it, why not us?
Cal has about 10 kids from Texas on their roster, they may have one or two from Mississippi...none from Louisiana
All the more reason for a little "Southeastern United States" exposure.