FIRE Mike Dunleavy the worst of the worst in Tulane history

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Profoundwizard
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:33 am No, Jewett is a different situation, his recruiting hasn't been that outstanding or the way he handles pitching. Jewett's job depends on Daniel Latham ability to get this pitching staff pitching at a division 1 baseball level. Also the fact that Matt Riser was passed over for Jewett and his success at USL is continuing. Bad season this year, Matt Riser will come and join Latham. That will happen and Jewett has been warned!!!
High standards as always.

However, I think you lost some credibility saying that Riser coaches at USL

AugWave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 pm
AugWave wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:44 pm Ok, quick question: Do you all know that we literally don't have a point guard? Seems like all everybody is looking at is our record but not at the actually game/roster makeup.

But I'm sure the usual suspects will say I'm wrong so, whatever.
OK...OK...so we need somebody to point and say "go over there"
Don't do it to yourself.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
AugWave
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:47 am As if there weren't already enough threads devoted to the get-rid-of-Dunleavy mission, here is a new one that brings a new level of stupidity. Dunleavy will be the coach next year! It's a stated fact by the person who matters most: Troy Dannen. Get over it. No level of carping on this site is going to change it. Let's either move on to something else or combine all these threads into one so it's easier to avoid. Continuing to lobby and browbeat about something that has 0% chance of happening is inane.
Falling on deaf ears on this site.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

AugWave wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:44 pm Ok, quick question: Do you all know that we literally don't have a point guard? Seems like all everybody is looking at is our record but not at the actually game/roster makeup.

And again, do you all know that there was a PG and two NBA caliber players last year and the results were putrid? How do you reconcile that reality?
Sunamiwave
High Tide

No one will tell me or anyone else to stop posting on this issue. I am outraged that a failure like Dunleavy is allowed to coach this team any longer and I refuse to shut up. I am only going to get louder and more vocal on this issue the longer Dunleavy is here. The Dunleavy hire and his refusal to fire him will continue to haunt Dannen during his tenure at Tulane.
Eaglewave
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:17 pm No one will tell me or anyone else to stop posting on this issue. I am outraged that a failure like Dunleavy is allowed to coach this team any longer and I refuse to shut up. I am only going to get louder and more vocal on this issue the longer Dunleavy is here. The Dunleavy hire and his refusal to fire him will continue to haunt Dannen during his tenure at Tulane.
+1000
Ball Sumrall!
anEngineer
Riptide

Sunamiwave wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:17 pm No one will tell me or anyone else to stop posting on this issue. I am outraged that a failure like Dunleavy is allowed to coach this team any longer and I refuse to shut up. I am only going to get louder and more vocal on this issue the longer Dunleavy is here. The Dunleavy hire and his refusal to fire him will continue to haunt Dannen during his tenure at Tulane.
You can post whatever you want. I could not care less. All I am asking is that we limit this meaningless crap to one thread instead of spreading it over 3-4.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Exactly, we can vetch all we want! This is what makes America great!
Freedom to kvetch irregardless of what auggie wave, or that GB troll want!
And besides, should not GB be banned calling the majority names like "aholes" etc? He is just a troll, an outside agitator anyway.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
gbgreenie
Surge

USL - University of Southeast Louisiana, Southeastern Louisiana University You are thinking of ULL - University of Louisiana Lafayette
so I flipped the letters, really. SLU
gbgreenie
Surge

If that's the case ban all those that use that language, trolls are the negativity crowd that shoot in the wind just to be negative, They think they are the answer to Tulane Athletics when they are the problem, recruits and parents get agitated reading their negativity. Life is short be positive, be constructed without loud uncontrollable negativity. You can make suggestions all you want but loud negativity is counter productive. I marched against Cowen's push to shutdown Tulane Athletics, I was very critical of Dickson but in constructive controlled postings. Some of the negativity crowd keep repeating the same empty post that get long winded and are going nowhere. The post have no validity and have "0" chance of happening. Posts can be productive in making recommendations to the administration and coaches without attacking them. Attacking has no added value in building a solid Division 1 Athletic Program. Recruits and their parents want them to come into a positive atmosphere both Athletically and Academically. Let the past go we have different leadership at Tulane give them a chance they are not Cowen and Dickson, so far I like what I see. " Let the Past go or you die in the past"
Profoundwizard
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:53 pm If that's the case ban all those that use that language, trolls are the negativity crowd that shoot in the wind just to be negative, They think they are the answer to Tulane Athletics when they are the problem, recruits and parents get agitated reading their negativity. Life is short be positive, be constructed without loud uncontrollable negativity. You can make suggestions all you want but loud negativity is counter productive. I marched against Cowen's push to shutdown Tulane Athletics, I was very critical of Dickson but in constructive controlled postings. Some of the negativity crowd keep repeating the same empty post that get long winded and are going nowhere. The post have no validity and have "0" chance of happening. Posts can be productive in making recommendations to the administration and coaches without attacking them. Attacking has no added value in building a solid Division 1 Athletic Program. Recruits and their parents want them to come into a positive atmosphere both Athletically and Academically. Let the past go we have different leadership at Tulane give them a chance they are not Cowen and Dickson, so far I like what I see. " Let the Past go or you die in the past"
What about what you’ve seen so far do you like?

Football is trending up but almost all the other sports are the same or worse than they were before Fitts and Dannen came in.

You can be as big of a fan of Dunleavy as you want but the reality is that on the court we’re no better than we were in the final year of Conroy.
WBB isn’t any better. About the same, maybe a little worse.
Baseball is way worse.
Golf is worse.
Tennis is worse.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:53 pm If that's the case ban all those that use that language, trolls are the negativity crowd that shoot in the wind just to be negative, They think they are the answer to Tulane Athletics when they are the problem, recruits and parents get agitated reading their negativity. Life is short be positive, be constructed without loud uncontrollable negativity. You can make suggestions all you want but loud negativity is counter productive. I marched against Cowen's push to shutdown Tulane Athletics, I was very critical of Dickson but in constructive controlled postings. Some of the negativity crowd keep repeating the same empty post that get long winded and are going nowhere. The post have no validity and have "0" chance of happening. Posts can be productive in making recommendations to the administration and coaches without attacking them. Attacking has no added value in building a solid Division 1 Athletic Program. Recruits and their parents want them to come into a positive atmosphere both Athletically and Academically. Let the past go we have different leadership at Tulane give them a chance they are not Cowen and Dickson, so far I like what I see. " Let the Past go or you die in the past"
Welcome to GOTULA, JtS.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
msdos
Swell

i just read the article. my god we are so fucked.
gbgreenie
Surge

In baseball Jewetts days are numbered very clear from Dannon win with Lathams help or you are gone.
Football Fritz should have two consecutive bowls
Volleyball quality coach, great recruiting and good results
Men Basketball Dunleavy actually developed and made both Frazier and Reynolds the players they are. Recruiting better than ever competing against good programs. Good Point guard would give better direction on the basketball court, when you have a point guard you can trust makes a huge difference. Just like McMillian did for football.
Women Basketball- Started stronger, fun to watch, definitely improving with young recruiting classes
sader24
Tsunami

Nothing like waiting for 6 years for a 71 yr old coach to build a program. He’s done a decent job developing a couple guys who are no longer here, but his ability to get the team better and coach in games has been atrocious. He’s a guy who should be running a summer camp for prospective college prospects trying to move up in the draft. He’s not a guy who should be running a Division 1 basketball program or coaching in games. It’s been pretty putrid from the get go.
gbgreenie
Surge

Tsunami, you know nothing about basketball, that is so obvious, watch and learn the big change coming next year will sweep you and your negativity away. Sit back and learn!!!
Profoundwizard
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:42 pm Tsunami, you know nothing about basketball, that is so obvious, watch and learn the big change coming next year will sweep you and your negativity away. Sit back and learn!!!
What constitutes a big change in your opinion?
Because technically 15 wins would be a drastic improvement. However, nobody here is going to be satisfied with that.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:42 pm Tsunami, you know nothing about basketball, that is so obvious, watch and learn the big change coming next year will sweep you and your negativity away. Sit back and learn!!!
Tsunami, classic. Needed a laugh.
Show Me
Tsunami

Dunleavy just clueless. Absolutely clueless.
Poor Tulane diehard fans suffering through this misery spending hard earned money while Dunleavy collects millions and gets a vote of confidence from an over his head AD. Who in their right mind would give a 6 year contract to a old guy that was out of work for years that never coached a day in college? Answer only Tulane.
I can imagine in 3 years this thread breaks the Tanner Lee thread record.
Last edited by Show Me on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Watched a few minutes of the game on tv. There are almost no fans at the Tulsa game tonight. It is literally like a funeral service in Devlin. I count around 60 people total in attendance. This program is on life support right now thanks to Dunleavy and Dannen. Major changes are needed immediately.
Gbgreenie you are a complete joke and have absolutely no credibility. You have been asked on this forum numerous times why Dunleavy had a losing season last year when he had both Frazier and Reynolds. You have continually refused to answer the question because you do not have a logical answer. Instead you dodged the question when you responded that Dunleavy helped Frazier and Reynolds improve individually. Dunleavy is a terrible college coach having players the caliber of Frazier and Reynolds while still having a losing season and only winning five conference games last year. This program has gotten so bad under Dunleavy that it has become a major embarrassment to Tulane University.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oliveandblue
Surge

Dannen just made a bad move in getting behind this guy. He was beginning to be liked at this school, too.

This guy was an AD of the year at Northern Iowa - a good basketball school. I'm amazed that he's standing for this.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

TD never hired a basketball coach at Northern Iowa. His first hire ever at D1 level was Mike Dunleavy.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

Q: What do you call it when your basketball coach has the worst winning percentage in the history of the program?
A: The Dunleavy Era

Q: What do you call a Tulane basketball coach who wins 17% of his conference games in the first three years?
A: Still employed

Q: What do you call someone who insists there must be a hidden pony because the room is filled with horse manure?
A: gbgreenie
GreenLantern
Riptide

Mike Dunleavy Sr. appreciates Tulane AD’s show of support, but message isn’t really for him:

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/02/mik ... r-him.html
Mike Dunleavy wrote:“I see us having a big bounce next year,”
Troy Dannen wrote:“This has been a tough season,” Dannen said Tuesday during an interview with NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune. "But I’m as optimistic about the program today as I was when I hired Mike three years ago.”
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:13 pm

And again, do you all know that there was a PG and two NBA caliber players last year and the results were putrid? How do you reconcile that reality?
Bump.