FIRE Mike Dunleavy the worst of the worst in Tulane history

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Pepper wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:26 am I feel for the kids on this team. They play hard and deserve better than what Tulane is giving.
+1

Show Me
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:26 am I feel for the kids on this team. They play hard and deserve better than what Tulane is giving.
Yes no question. A complete disaster for those guys. I thought Dunleavy would be similar to Larry Brown but boy was I wrong. I would have never imagined that he’d become the worst coach in Tulane basketball history. Dannen keeping him around will pass Dickson as the worst AD in modern Tulane history.
netshorty
Surge

Show Me wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:05 am
Yes no question. A complete disaster for those guys. I thought Dunleavy would be similar to Larry Brown but boy was I wrong. I would have never imagined that he’d become the worst coach in Tulane basketball history. Dannen keeping him around will pass Dickson as the worst AD in modern Tulane history.
I wonder if a player has ever transferred, sat out a year, and then transferred again before regaining his eligibility. Do you have to sit out another year? If I'm a certain PG that started out at Seton Hall, I'm thinking hard about that.
gbgreenie
Surge

You dingbats love hearing how smart you are with your negativity, You knocked Fritz, you knocked Jewett, now Dunleavey. Go hide under some stone and get lost Pathetic harping on something that won't happen. Enjoy base ball and move over give Dunleavy a break and the chance he needs. You guys are killing recruiting with your negativity. Go speak to some wall it might listen to you, lol
Show Me
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:55 pm You dingbats love hearing how smart you are with your negativity, You knocked Fritz, you knocked Jewett, now Dunleavey. Go hide under some stone and get lost Pathetic harping on something that won't happen. Enjoy base ball and move over give Dunleavy a break and the chance he needs. You guys are killing recruiting with your negativity. Go speak to some wall it might listen to you, lol
I get it with the other two coaches but they weren’t the worst coach in the history of their sport like Dunleavy. Neither one had a 15 game losing streak either. Thanks for popping it to the top again.
Pepper
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:55 pm You dingbats love hearing how smart you are with your negativity, You knocked Fritz, you knocked Jewett, now Dunleavey. Go hide under some stone and get lost Pathetic harping on something that won't happen. Enjoy base ball and move over give Dunleavy a break and the chance he needs. You guys are killing recruiting with your negativity. Go speak to some wall it might listen to you, lol
Fritz wasn't being knocked as much as his offensive coordinator. And what happened, he got rid of him. Jewett was not prepared to be a HC. Hopefully he will turn out to be. Again, it was the pitching coach who not up to par. What happened, he got rid of him. There's one thing Tulane fans can spot, it's a bad coach. Nothing personal but the guy just doesn't have it. You are very delusional if you think a message board controls recruiting.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:10 pm
Fritz wasn't being knocked as much as his offensive coordinator. And what happened, he got rid of him. Jewett was not prepared to be a HC. Hopefully he will turn out to be. Again, it was the pitching coach who not up to par. What happened, he got rid of him. There's one thing Tulane fans can spot, it's a bad coach. Nothing personal but the guy just doesn't have it. You are very delusional if you think a message board controls recruiting.
+1,000,000
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
netshorty
Surge

Not sure why anyone is still quoting this asshat or believes he's a fan. He's a troll. He refers to Zhang as the "boy from China", he highlights how well the chemistry is during garbage time of the game, he believes this is MD's first year of coaching (won't acknowledge the same crap we've seen the previous 2 years.), he quotes articles that are irrelevant and just spews the same shallow excuses and false hope for next year. No basis to anything he says because he is a troll, just trying to instigate a reaction. No sane person would have his opinion. A d'bag troll.
msdos
Swell

lol yall are too easy taking the bait from gbgreenie

vance even gave him the stamp of approval
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

In what world do we see average ticket prices of $1200 to see unpade athletes play a game?

Step back and consider this reality.

Spare me that the scholarship is a comp. ur embarrassing urself.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:45 pm In what world do we see average ticket prices of $1200 to see unpade athletes play a game?

Until the NBA changes their draft rules, the players are getting compensated for their one and done years: Their stock goes up and they make millions more getting to showcase their talents at the national level being on TV every game. Don't think that doesn't equate to HUGE $$ when they improve their draft stock?

There's very few players that were NBA ready after HS. Yes, there are some, but most need to finish growing, filling out, and mentally developing. Their brains haven't even finished growing.

I totally get the rea$ons people say 18 year olds should be able to jump into pro sports. And think it's borderline criminal when superstars like Zion Williamson suffer a potential career threatening injury (I know it's not that bad.) But to think they're not getting something out of their 1-5 or 6 years of college is going overboard in the other direction in my opinion. Ask Matt Forte what he thinks about his years at Tulane. Or Jason Odum what he thinks about his 1 year at Duke. These athletes are still in their formative years, physically. athletically and emotionally.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:59 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:45 pm In what world do we see average ticket prices of $1200 to see unpade athletes play a game?

Until the NBA changes their draft rules, the players are getting compensated for their one and done years: Their stock goes up and they make millions more getting to showcase their talents at the national level being on TV every game. Don't think that doesn't equate to HUGE $$ when they improve their draft stock?

There's very few players that were NBA ready after HS. Yes, there are some, but most need to finish growing, filling out, and mentally developing. Their brains haven't even finished growing.

I totally get the rea$ons people say 18 year olds should be able to jump into pro sports. And think it's borderline criminal when superstars like Zion Williamson suffer a potential career threatening injury (I know it's not that bad.) But to think they're not getting something out of their 1-5 or 6 years of college is going overboard in the other direction in my opinion. Ask Matt Forte what he thinks about his years at Tulane. Or Jason Odum what he thinks about his 1 year at Duke. These athletes are still in their formative years, physically. athletically and emotionally.
Only a fraction end up making NBA millions. The comp would be to pay the NBA stars huge and everyone else $60k per year.. seems fair.
Of course Coack K can make $9mm per including several million from private endorsements.
Really think about a system where the leader has freedom to collect as he sees fit but everyone else has a small ceiling.
It is un American and an insult to free markets.
Show Me
Tsunami

Fox 8 Overtime just did a segment on Tulane basketball. Called it completely irrelevant. Said the stands go empty visiting fans many times outdraw us. And complemented baseball for taking the microscope off of basketball for the time being. The panel absolutely destroyed Dunleavy, Dannen and Tulane’s lack of commitment to winning. Three seasons in and no progress. Asked is it really worth it keeping him. Said the GPA is up. That’s it. Said its incredible how bad this team is. They said that Dunleavy is still learning how to coach on the collegiate level. (What a joke) They said that he’s probably too old to hit the road recruiting. Said he was used to being upper management in the NBA never really had to do the things required to do on the college level. They said he’s got a fat contract that is probably the only reason why he’s still around. They made light of losing to 0-11 Alabama A&M. They also said to wait two more years to see if this 4 star recruit committed makes a difference is not a commitment to winning. Said at the end , “they need to win now!”
GreenLantern
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:08 pm Fox 8 Overtime just did a segment on Tulane basketball. Called it completely irrelevant. Said the stands go empty visiting fans many times outdraw us. And complemented baseball for taking the microscope off of basketball for the time being. The panel absolutely destroyed Dunleavy, Dannen and Tulane’s lack of commitment to winning. Three seasons in and no progress. Asked is it really worth it keeping him. Said the GPA is up. That’s it. Said its incredible how bad this team is. They said that Dunleavy is still learning how to coach on the collegiate level. (What a joke) They said that he’s probably too old to hit the road recruiting. Said he was used to being upper management in the NBA never really had to do the things required to do on the college level. They said he’s got a fat contract that is probably the only reason why he’s still around. They made light of losing to 0-11 Alabama A&M. They also said to wait two more years to see if this 4 star recruit committed makes a difference is not a commitment to winning. Said at the end , “they need to win now!”
Thanks for posting this. I tried to locate video on the Fox8 webpage but was unsuccessful.

It will take this kind of reporting to get anything done. Otherwise, it's status quo for at least two more years.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This is awful all around. We want him gone so we have to hope for the local & national media to take a proverbial dump on us until something happens? Or do we want to suffer and take that same proverbial dump on him via the fan base using online message boards for another year or two ?

Which are you up for ? Let’s just pull the band aid off and pretend this never happened. Give me Steve Forbes or who ever for $1.5 m a year please. Thankfully basketball programs can be turned around in 2-3 years . . .
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

In TD’s mind, where he might be right, this football season gave him a longer leash to make decisions. Imagine if we did not make that two point conversion, would TD’s b-ball comments be different?
WavyHoops
High Tide

Show Me wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:08 pm Fox 8 Overtime just did a segment on Tulane basketball. Called it completely irrelevant. Said the stands go empty visiting fans many times outdraw us. And complemented baseball for taking the microscope off of basketball for the time being. The panel absolutely destroyed Dunleavy, Dannen and Tulane’s lack of commitment to winning. Three seasons in and no progress. Asked is it really worth it keeping him. Said the GPA is up. That’s it. Said its incredible how bad this team is. They said that Dunleavy is still learning how to coach on the collegiate level. (What a joke) They said that he’s probably too old to hit the road recruiting. Said he was used to being upper management in the NBA never really had to do the things required to do on the college level. They said he’s got a fat contract that is probably the only reason why he’s still around. They made light of losing to 0-11 Alabama A&M. They also said to wait two more years to see if this 4 star recruit committed makes a difference is not a commitment to winning. Said at the end , “they need to win now!”
The truth hurts, but glad folks in media are paying attention enough to say it out loud. What would really stink is if they ignored the five alarm fire that is the men's basketball program.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'm glad they covered it but what we really need is them doing it on the 5,6 and 10 o'clock broadcast. We also need the papers to write about it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

On the official Tulane University Athletics Website's front page, where it lists all the upcoming and recently pasts events, it doesn't even mention the game Saturday vs. ECU.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:23 pm On the official Tulane University Athletics Website's front page, where it lists all the upcoming and recently pasts events, it doesn't even mention the game Saturday vs. ECU.

"If a team loses, and nobody is there to see, did they play?"
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:12 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:23 pm On the official Tulane University Athletics Website's front page, where it lists all the upcoming and recently pasts events, it doesn't even mention the game Saturday vs. ECU.

"If a team loses, and nobody is there to see, did they play?"
:lol: :cry:
netshorty
Surge

Worth updating to illustrate the historic lows we are seeing.

3 Yr conference record is now at .160 and projects at .148. Projection based on winless conference record this year.

current rankings of 353 D1 schools ...
NET ranking 302

win/loss pct. 346

Scoring offense 315
FG% 326
3 FG% 323

Scoring Defense 310

Turnovers/gm 324

I bet if we had a PG we'd be a few spots better though.
TXWave88
Surge

How are there 51 schools worse than us? Only 4 teams with worse records than us. We are getting P6 bias treatment!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
netshorty
Surge

TXWave88 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:27 am How are there 51 schools worse than us? Only 4 teams with worse records than us. We are getting P6 bias treatment!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
sadly this is true. we are taking advantage of the fact the NET ranking caps a loss at 10 point. So even though we're getting blown out many nights, we have been hovering around 300 because the opponents are higher ranked then the others at the bottom of the list.