FIRE Mike Dunleavy the worst of the worst in Tulane history

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DrBox
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:55 am
If Dunleavy isn’t flushed soon after our “one and done” AAC tournament appearance, the focus of criticism should entirely shift from MD to Dannen.
And it's not just MBB
It's women's basketball where we have a sacred cow.
It's women's golf
It's women's tennis.
It's, perhaps, baseball
That is 4 definite plus 1 maybe spring sport that is a disaster. That's why the focus needs to be on Dannen.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:30 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:55 am
If Dunleavy isn’t flushed soon after our “one and done” AAC tournament appearance, the focus of criticism should entirely shift from MD to Dannen.
And it's not just MBB
It's women's basketball where we have a sacred cow.
It's women's golf
It's women's tennis.
It's, perhaps, baseball
That is 4 definite plus 1 maybe spring sport that is a disaster. That's why the focus needs to be on Dannen.
Yep.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
gbgreenie
Surge

You blowhards need to go hide, somewhere so the true Wave Fans will be heard without your noise or should I say static. I was two rows in the corner by the Wave bench Sat. night it was electrifying. The players and coaches hugging, the most togetherness I have seen in a long time, through all the noise you so call fans put out. Daniels, Semir, and Crabtree gave their hearts out for a victory not only for them but for their loved coach Mike Dunleavy. Total team effort. Coaching was outstanding!!! The young Wave team gave their heart and souls out against a much more experience and deeper team. Help is definitely on the way to compliment the your team we now have. Can't wait till next year can't come quick enough. Roll Wave MBB!!!
ajcalhoun
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:45 am You blowhards need to go hide, somewhere so the true Wave Fans will be heard without your noise or should I say static.
No. You're the one that needs to leave this board. Everyone here is in agreement that we have a serious problem with men's basketball.. It's you who needs to GTFO.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He would leave if people would literally stop responding to his trolling. My god when will that sink into people.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I hope this chain will lead to pitchforks and a fever pitch. If not us- then who ? Brainstorming after a few cocktails:

Create a stink on this forum, create a stink on Yogwf, create a stink on Facebook !

tweet angrily and at former players and writers (preferably nationally)

Go Fund Me’s to fly a drone banner ?

Email Aresco ?

Email Fritz ?

Email boosters ?

Email board members ?

Tell your season ticket rep why you aren’t re upping

Let’s show we give a sh*t. Not everyone has money to spend on the cause but most of these solutions are free. Money helps.

Feel free to add to suggestions !

But let’s clarify this: when we stop caring and stop raising a stink then this program will fade off into the darkness as an afterthought and truly be of no consequence. It’s time to sharpen the pitchforks ladies and gents.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Dunleavy should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Edit: a start-
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We have a 5 page thread on this.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yes we have a couple similir threads but I thought it needed a separate chain for actual action. Everyone is being pretty passive and hoping someone else will storm the castle. I think it needs its own chain personally. But hey who cares, let it get buried in with the other or 14 pages threads.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think emails to Fitts and Dannen are the least any of us should do.

[email protected]

[email protected]

I'm not sure if that's Fitts' email address. If others know, please post!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Gawd...38 and counting pages regarding MD or the Teams performance...38 !!!! MOD's burn some of them, a free up some mega-bytes......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
netshorty
Surge

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:35 am Yes we have a couple similir threads but I thought it needed a separate chain for actual action. Everyone is being pretty passive and hoping someone else will storm the castle. I think it needs its own chain personally. But hey who cares, let it get buried in with the other or 14 pages threads.
I honestly do not believe there is one person in the world that believes retaining MD is the right thing to do. Not the troll, not Dannen. Not even MD himself.

Unfortunately, a terrible contract has tied the hands of the university and as such, it is those that put the contract in front of him that should be held accountable. Complaining to those that created the mess will do nothing. They know it's a mess but are as much of the problem as MD.

What Dannen spewed mid-season was not genuine. No person could be as optimistic about the program as when he was first hired. No way. 2 losing seasons and winless in conference at the time... asinine. He was attempting to cover his a$$ because he didn't have an out. And hoping to retain some of the recent recruiting buzz.

So I'll happily get blocked from Dannen's Twitter by expressing my opinion. But the problem is bigger than just making the right decision.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

FIRE MD...a "volunteer" coaching staff can accomplish what he and the current staff has over the last two years !!!!.....this is not rocket engineering for gawds sake
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Dannen should get on his knees and go beg some of the boosters and big time donors to fix this problem. I assure you hertz, glazer, forgelman etc didn’t donate $$$ to be associated with an all time bad Tulane team. The $6-$10m annual AAC tv deal is coming too, time to spend some money.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Last week I had fun surfing the Tigerdropings board (though I never have posted there). Today, I've gotten a kick out of YOGWF. Things that are being said are worse than what got me banned permanently from there (which is one of many reasons I despise JtS.)

Even the most die hard Tulane fans, those that don't ever want a post on their board calling for a coaches job, are calling for a change at HC.

http://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52185
gbgreenie
Surge

I have never been involved with such morons as the one's posting on this board. Your arguments are empty, drop basketball really, comparing our Green Wave Team as CAA level you might as well spit in our student athletes face. You are a bunch of disrespectful low class clowns posing as Tulane fans. Fans my rear butt. Putting down the players is as low and classless as you morons can be. Grow up and go elsewhere if you can't show some respect and class. This is not "Constructive Criticism" it is "Destructive Criticism". Destructive criticism to the University and to the team and coaches. What coach would want to come here with such low class, ghetto level class fan pretenders. Learn what is the difference between Constructive Criticism and Destructive Criticism that is if you morons can read. You act like a bunch of animals or should I say vultures describe you perfectly. Respect the University and players who gave their hearts to be a winner this year, that's more then I can say about you who abandoned them yet spit in their face comparing them to CAA level, really!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Troll on!
Show Me
Tsunami

Where is the media on Dunleavy?
Will Wade gets destroyed because he can’t coach and LSU lost yesterday.
Dunleavy can’t coach either and deserves equal time.
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 86c55.html
Wave QB
Swell

I really would have liked to see what Dunleavy could have done this year if the team was 100% healthy and ready, but losing every single conference is just a hard pill to swallow no matter what happened. The Alabama A&M game was an all time low. Tulane losing to the worst team in the damn SWAC? Shit!
netshorty
Surge

Show Me wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:17 am Where is the media on Dunleavy?
Will Wade gets destroyed because he can’t coach and LSU lost yesterday.
Dunleavy can’t coach either and deserves equal time.
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 86c55.html
National media couldn't give a rat's ass as we are as irrelevant as you could possibly be and no one outside of our small fan base cares. Locally, we always struggle with coverage but now we are getting as much coverage as we deserve, Dannen has given up so why shouldn't the local media.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave QB wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:32 am I really would have liked to see what Dunleavy could have done this year if the team was 100% healthy and ready, but losing every single conference is just a hard pill to swallow no matter what happened. The Alabama A&M game was an all time low. Tulane losing to the worst team in the damn SWAC? Shit!
We MIGHT have doubled our win total, and been 8-23, which in year 3 would still be cause to fire Dunleavy. He can't coach on this level and has not learned on the job. The program is worse than it was three years ago.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Wave QB wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:32 am I really would have liked to see what Dunleavy could have done this year if the team was 100% healthy and ready, but losing every single conference is just a hard pill to swallow no matter what happened. The Alabama A&M game was an all time low. Tulane losing to the worst team in the damn SWAC? Shit!
We've already seen what he did with a team that had two NBA players. They had a losing record overall, went 5-13 in the AAC. In some ways a more head-scratching performance than this season.