UCONN beats Tulane 87-71

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game has been moved up to 1:00 due to weather concerns. It is going to now be on CBSSN though it's not clear from what I have seen as to whether that's on TV or only on-line:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/1 ... ipoff.aspx
Last edited by winwave on Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Crabtree may start again:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... cf04b.html

The game is on-line only at 1:00. It will be shown on replay on CBSSN at the original start time of 6:30.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Good interview with the freshman. He’s not a strong enough athlete to be “the guy”, but he’s definitely got the tools to be an important piece of the puzzle. Easily the most consistent and composed of the freshmen.
Last edited by WavyHoops on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

UCONN is a 16 point favorite.
swampnik
Surge

Put in PAUL, Sehic, Daniels, Zahang and Crabtree for a min. of 30 mins. each and we'll have a shot at the upset!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

87-71 we fail to cover the spread. Haven’t won a game in over a month (mid Dec vs Texas Southern)
Next year going to be little different.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Couldn't bring myself to watch the game today. At some point, the program will bottom out and begin to ascend. Are we there yet? If not, tell me when.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

MD’s system depends on being able to shoot threes. He either did not recruit to his sytem of failed to coach 18-22 year olds how to shoot ag this level (probably both), it’s mind boggling. To think we built a solid practice facility and uet our fundementals have only regressed.
Show Me
Tsunami

I can appreciate the nickname Dumbleavy. Hard to imagine a worst coached college basketball team in America. I’d take Alabama A&Ms coach at this point.
netshorty
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:13 pm 87-61 we fail to cover the spread. Haven’t won a game in over a month (mid Dec vs Texas Southern)
It was bad TPS but final was 87-71. Actually some pretty good individual performances. Daniels had a great game, Paul another solid game. Wood took advantage of his size on several possessions. BUT, this is a team game and they are so poorly coached, especially on the defensive end. And it took MD forever to get an effective lineup with Paul back on the court in the 2nd half. May have beat the spread if he was a little better at understanding +/- of his players. The big guy projects didn't sniff the floor.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:15 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:13 pm 87-61 we fail to cover the spread. Haven’t won a game in over a month (mid Dec vs Texas Southern)
It was bad TPS but final was 87-71. Actually some pretty good individual performances. Daniels had a great game, Paul another solid game. Wood took advantage of his size on several possessions. BUT, this is a team game and they are so poorly coached, especially on the defensive end. And it took MD forever to get an effective lineup with Paul back on the court in the 2nd half. May have beat the spread if he was a little better at understanding +/- of his players. The big guy projects didn't sniff the floor.
Typo. Thanks.
Tulane Class of 1981
netshorty
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:21 pm
Typo. Thanks.
interested to know how you think it will be a little different next year?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think "little different" means "as bad as this year."
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
netshorty
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:49 pm I think "little different" means "as bad as this year."
you're right... not "a" little different but little different.. I accidentally read it with an "a" . amazing the difference an A makes...
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

:lol:
netshorty wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:02 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:49 pm I think "little different" means "as bad as this year."
you're right... not "a" little different but little different.. I accidentally read it with an "a" . amazing the difference an A makes...
:lol:

Thanks for the laugh. Yeah you right.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:43 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:21 pm
Typo. Thanks.
interested to know how you think it will be a little different next year?
Our coaching will be the same and the talent level while may improve won’t be enough to compete for an NCAA bid in year 4. Just look at what Wade has done in his year 3 at LSU. Dunleavy will be lucky to win 6 games this year and 10-12 next year. He only won 14 games with NBA talent last year. There’s no NBA talent on this roster.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Yep
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:04 pm UCONN is a 16 point favorite.
Nailed it.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
cajunfanatico
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:10 pm
Our coaching will be the same and the talent level while may improve won’t be enough to compete for an NCAA bid in year 4. Just look at what Wade has done in his year 3 at LSU. Dunleavy will be lucky to win 6 games this year and 10-12 next year. He only won 14 games with NBA talent last year. There’s no NBA talent on this roster.
Yeah, but how long before LSU gets crossways with the NCAA and some G-5'er ends up paying for it?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

some lyrics form Sonny n Cher....' and the BEAT goes on....on and on "
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I watched some of the UConn game—it was hard to take. On defense, we don’t even have the basics down—whichever Tulane player is on the ball, they are standing nearly straight up—no wonder our opponents easily blow by us for short jumpers, lay ups or dunks. Zero coaching.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
WavyHoops
High Tide

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:54 pm I watched some of the UConn game—it was hard to take. On defense, we don’t even have the basics down—whichever Tulane player is on the ball, they are standing nearly straight up—no wonder our opponents easily blow by us for shirt jumpers, lay ups or dunks. Zero coaching.
I don't know how anyone who regularly watches good college basketball can look at Tulane and come to any conclusion other than that they are a team that's been poorly constructed (mismatched players and approaches) and barely coached on the court. And please don't talk about injuries or youth. Every team has injuries and young players.

We are so bad that we are certain of getting every AAC's "A game" because our RPI and NET ratings are so low that a loss to the Green Wave is a season-killer.