Volleyball 2019

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
localvb
High Tide

Volleyball just signed Jillian Dits out of Texas. She is one of the top Libero’s in the country on one of the top 3 club teams Texas Image. Not sure how we are getting kids from the top teams but the post season run had to help. Lauryn Green is the middle in this class and she to comes for a big time club Dallas Skyline. I’ve seen both and they are big time players. I haven’t seen Lizzy Stefanov. She’s from Ohio. But hear great things. That’s 3 for the 2019 class. For the first time I don’t think Coach Barnes will have to rely on freshmen since they return nearly everyone.

Great to see the recruiting continuing to impress. Winning helps! Not sure what length contract Coach has but I hope he stays for a while and continues to build a special program.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I dated a Libero once...or was it a Libra...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

It's kind of strange that Baylor ran Coach Barnes off. He seems to be pretty well respected everywhere else and obviously girls want to play for him. I guess we just got lucky.
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 am I dated a Libero once...or was it a Libra...
libertarian
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good to hear that last season has led to good recruiting results. Thanks for the update.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:46 am It's kind of strange that Baylor ran Coach Barnes off. He seems to be pretty well respected everywhere else and obviously girls want to play for him. I guess we just got lucky.
I remember it being a situation where he had a down season due to a number of injured players and they let him go.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:17 pm
anEngineer wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:46 am It's kind of strange that Baylor ran Coach Barnes off. He seems to be pretty well respected everywhere else and obviously girls want to play for him. I guess we just got lucky.
I remember it being a situation where he had a down season due to a number of injured players and they let him go.
That was my take as well. And they were dumb to do so.

On a side note, can Volleyball players redshirt? I mean, we're so loaded with freshmen and sophs, you'd hate to have people sitting a couple of years before they can play.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They are allowed to redshirt.
localvb
High Tide

This was talked about in the volleyball community.
Remember the Baylor rape scandal. A volleyball player was a key person in the situation. Baylor tried to cover it up and Coach Barnes wasn’t going to let it happen. The scandal broke after they let him go. Don’t know all the details but it was pretty clear he was a victim of the cover up.
localvb
High Tide

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/1 ... gqbjq.aspx

Congrats!
Was thinking this was going to happen.
Great move by Dannen to do it now. Will help with recruiting as well.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad that happened. Good to know that the lack of attendance didn't drive him away. Hopefully the program continues to succeed and Tulane promotes it resulting in better attendance.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:13 pm Glad that happened. Good to know that the lack of attendance didn't drive him away. Hopefully the program continues to succeed and Tulane promotes it resulting in better attendance.
+1 Well said!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
alumniwave
Low Tide

Great news. Tulane is making good moves to lock him up now. Incredible improvements and what a 2018 season!

Also, the cover up at Baylor was the news going around back when it went down. Heard the same thing. Shameful what happened. Happy Tulane and Coach Barnes made something really good out of it.
netshorty
Surge

alumniwave wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:05 pm Great news. Tulane is making good moves to lock him up now. Incredible improvements and what a 2018 season!

Also, the cover up at Baylor was the news going around back when it went down. Heard the same thing. Shameful what happened. Happy Tulane and Coach Barnes made something really good out of it.
Love what Barnes has done here. He didn't need 6 years to build a winner! Amazing what good coaching and recruiting can do!
GreenLantern
Riptide

netshorty wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:29 pm
alumniwave wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:05 pm Great news. Tulane is making good moves to lock him up now. Incredible improvements and what a 2018 season!

Love what Barnes has done here. He didn't need 6 years to build a winner! Amazing what good coaching and recruiting can do!
Coach Barnes and the women's vb team were presented with the 2nd place NIT championship trophy at the Wednesday night MBB game. What an assett to Tulane athletics. We need mora dat.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's a shame they didn't do that presentation at the WBB game against UCONN when there was a crowd there.
localvb
High Tide

What an impressive athlete!
Love how she talks about the teams culture.

localvb
High Tide

VB scrimmaged ULL this past weekend.
Won both games 2-0. They played without McHugh whose playing on the beach team. And without Douglas who is coming off Injury. I wasn’t there but heard we looked really good even without those 2 top players. Hansel will likely be an All American candidate next year as well as McHugh. 3 really recruits coming in to bolster the lineup. If this team stays healthy they will be right there next season.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks for the update, localvb. Hope to watch a few more games online this year.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
localvb
High Tide

The 2019 Schedule was just released.
Impressive list of teams playing Ohio State, Ole Miss and LSU. Another really big name in the VB world is Western Kentucky. They are a top 25 program and a tough team. So is Missouri State.
Looks like this schedule will be a big challenge with many opportunities for quality wins to get into the NCAA’s.

Also this is the first year with a conference tournament. Another addition that will create an exciting year especially with Tulane looking so strong!

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/5 ... edule.aspx
localvb
High Tide

Just heard news about the team in summer workouts. Hearing the level of play in the summer practices is already in mid season form.
The talent and depth is at an all time high. The four freshmen have been very impressive.

The confidence and experience from last season is going to help this team have a big big year.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Awesome !!! Thanks for the update ! Roll Wave
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:31 am Awesome !!! Thanks for the update ! Roll Wave
+100,000
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

localvb wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:47 pm The 2019 Schedule was just released.
Impressive list of teams playing Ohio State, Ole Miss and LSU. Another really big name in the VB world is Western Kentucky. They are a top 25 program and a tough team. So is Missouri State.
Looks like this schedule will be a big challenge with many opportunities for quality wins to get into the NCAA’s.

Also this is the first year with a conference tournament. Another addition that will create an exciting year especially with Tulane looking so strong!

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/5 ... edule.aspx
AD Dannen , where are the 19/20 MBB and WBB SCHEDULES ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JDTulane
Riptide

I really enjoy these updates on Olympic sports. Please keep them coming!

-JD