USF Bulldozes Tulane 66-48

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Toughening up:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 9ac15.html

The game is at 6 on ESPN3.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Meant to mention that USF is favored by 9 1/2. They were picked last .
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

winwave wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:57 pm Toughening up:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 9ac15.html

The game is at 6 on ESPN3.
"The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves"
WavyHoops
High Tide

Daniels out with an injury. Hope it wasn’t picked up in a “toughness” drill.
GreenLantern
Riptide

USF doing anything it wants. They lead 41-28. A more telling stat is points off turnovers: we have 2... they have 22.
GreenLantern
Riptide

We trail 48-30 to the team that was the preseason pick to finish last in the conference.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:29 pm We trail 48-30 to the team that was the preseason pick to finish last in the conference.
If the prognasticators knew how good Yetna, their frosh stud, would be, they wouldn't have been picked last. He's a 21 year old RS Freshman!

BTW: Barrett can't throw the ball in the ocean!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

We have not held the lead in a basketball game since the first few seconds of the Cincy game, two games ago.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Someone that can still post on YOGWF should point out to them that UNI had basketball success while Dannen was there, but his first HC hire as an AD was Mike Dunleavy. Their coach, who is still there, was hired before he was their AD.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Will the Green Wave play a competitive game this season?
netshorty
Surge

WavyHoops wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:13 pm Will the Green Wave play a competitive game this season?
I'm downgrading my 2 win conference prediction to 0. Our starting backcourt tonight went 1-12 from the field with 16 turnovers. That may the worst stat line I've ever seen. This team is beyond terrible. Doesn't matter Daniels wasn't dressed.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WavyHoops wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:11 pm Daniels out with an injury. Hope it wasn’t picked up in a “toughness” drill.
The good news is Graff said he was out with an illness.
netshorty
Surge

winwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:13 pm
WavyHoops wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:11 pm Daniels out with an injury. Hope it wasn’t picked up in a “toughness” drill.
he was probably sick to his stomach like the most of us...
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

To numb the basketball pain I renewed my FB tickets today.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:18 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:13 pm
he was probably sick to his stomach like the most of us...
No doubt. He deserves better as do we.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well finally someone besides Ed Daniels calls out Tulane athletics. Garland Gillen on the local Fox affiliate sports just called the loss embarrassing and sad. Pointed out the Alabama A&M loss and said he thought Dunleavy's tenure was near the end. I wish more of them would chime in at times like this.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:35 pm Well finally someone besides Ed Daniels calls out Tulane athletics. Garland Gillen on the local Fox affiliate sports just called the loss embarrassing and sad. Pointed out the Alabama A&M loss and said he thought Dunleavy's tenure was near the end. I wish more of them would chime in at times like this.
Another post we can agree upon! :D Well said.

There were a few pointed comments about Tulane's play on the floor during the broadcast, but they still love to show the Hall of Fame players he's coached and bemoan that "nothing went right for Tulane tonight." Well that happens every night!

I have a TON of respect for Mike Dunleavy. But he's not the right guy at the right time for us right now. I don't know that he'll ever be a great college coach, but he is the patriarch of a great basketball family. I wish him the best, but hope he steps down at the end of the season to save TD from firing him.
WavyHoops
High Tide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:35 pm Well finally someone besides Ed Daniels calls out Tulane athletics. Garland Gillen on the local Fox affiliate sports just called the loss embarrassing and sad. Pointed out the Alabama A&M loss and said he thought Dunleavy's tenure was near the end. I wish more of them would chime in at times like this.
Another post we can agree upon! :D Well said.

There were a few pointed comments about Tulane's play on the floor during the broadcast, but they still love to show the Hall of Fame players he's coached
This drives me crazy. The same graphic every game. As if Dunleavy has anything to do with Magic or Worthy being superstars.

If anything, it works against him. Show me a team without HOFers he ever succeeded with.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TD..... GROW A GAWD DAMN PAIR, AND FIRE THIS COMPLETE STAFF NOW.....Stockton can do a better job than these morons
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !