Will Hall

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:16 am I've seen a number of Troy fans mention his name as being in the discussion. Don't know how solid the information is though.

Sorry Cajun Troll, Troy to hire KU offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey as new head coach. :D

And, Roll Wave Roll !!!

https://www.wibw.com/content/sports/Rep ... 36951.html

cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 am
cajunfanatico wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:16 am I've seen a number of Troy fans mention his name as being in the discussion. Don't know how solid the information is though.

Sorry Cajun Troll, Troy to hire KU offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey as new head coach. :D

Yes, I know, I posted the story a couple of hours before you. Pero tranquilo, tendra una estrella dorada sin embargo.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:50 am
Wave755 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 am

Yes, I know, I posted the story a couple of hours before you. Pero tranquilo, tendra una estrella dorada sin embargo.
But Cajun Troll, I already have many gold stars.

And, Roll Wave Roll!!! :D
Wave755
Tsunami

Chip Lindsey officially named as next Troy head coach

http://www.wsfa.com/2019/01/10/chip-lin ... ead-coach/

OK Coach Hall, start working on our new Wave offense! :D

And, even worse luck next time, Cajun Troll.. :P
anEngineer
Riptide

Hopefully the final death of a thread that got well beyond the actual facts and resorted to the usual name-calling and insults. But that's what happens when unfounded speculation rules the day.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Looks like we’re switching back to a pro offense.
Tulane will have a pro style offense he hoped could prepare him during his two remaining seasons of college eligibility.
https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/02/wha ... aches.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:40 am Looks like we’re switching back to a pro offense.
Tulane will have a pro style offense he hoped could prepare him during his two remaining seasons of college eligibility.
I certainly hope that that won't actually be the case.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:44 am
tpstulane wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:40 am Looks like we’re switching back to a pro offense.
I certainly hope that that won't actually be the case.
This Tulane O wil not be CJ's version, it will be more of a L.A. and Kingsbury's Arizona type
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He didn't say WCO .
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Let`s not forget Hall`s wanderlust for " next ." Coach Fritz had better be well prepared to replace Will `one and done ` Hall. as pro style is out of style collegiately .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
RobertM320
Green Wave

So what exactly IS the current definition of pro-style offense. In the past, it would have been a QB under center, 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 WR, and a run based focus. Does that really describe the offenses in today's NFL? Short passing game seems to be the basis of today's pro offenses, mastered by Brady and Brees.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We were last in offensive plays run in the AAC. The MO on Hall is to run an uptempo offense which will include no huddle. Call it what you want but it’s going to be a big improvement from the stuff Ruse ran. We’ll probably run at least 10-15 more offensive plays running this offense. So we should be high scoring if things work out.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

Pro Style will negate Mr McMillan`s athleticism . Definitely not a smart move on Coach Fritz`s part .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:06 am Pro Style will negate Mr McMillan`s athleticism . Definitely not a smart move on Coach Fritz`s part .
Yeah, Pete, I'm sure you know how best to use the talents of the various position players on the team. Definitely better than our HC with 30+ years coaching experience.

Fritz is a run first coach. He may turn his offense into something that's popular in the NFL now, the true RPO. But I think Coach Fritz realized he cannot win the AAC without being able to score more points as the other competitive teams mostly rely on offense. When we get off to a bad start, we're done! So changing up to match the top half of the conference is necessary. Will we run as many plays as UCF? Probably not. But we should be better balanced and able to throw when the opposition knows we're going to throw.

And winwave, becoming balanced and talented in both passing and rushing wasn't possible last season because of the offense that Ruse ran and the QB we had (not to mention the O-Line!) Yes, I'm in favor of a much more balanced attack IF we build our offense from day one this spring to do so. The old O is out the window, I'm excited to see the new one.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:06 am Pro Style will negate Mr McMillan`s athleticism . Definitely not a smart move on Coach Fritz`s part .
We are ***NOT*** running a pro scheme next year. The transfer from UVA may have been referring to RPO principles that have been recently added to NFL offenses.
GreenLantern
Riptide

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Excellent article. That gets the blood flowing. Thanks for posting the link.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

That was the best sports related article I’ve read in months. Very very excited for spring ball. I just wish the article was longer, it ends just as they get into Tulane’s weapons . . . I guess that paragraph is for the season to dictate.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope he stays here for a couple of years. It seems to me like this could be similar to RR and TB in the later stages of the 1990's. We have a very solid D returning, if our O can play wide open and put AAC type numbers up, we could compete for a conference championship quickly.

Great article. Let's see if we have the talent to execute such an offense.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Another good thing for us is that the new O-Line coach has worked with Hall and thus knows his scheme and how he wants it run. That should help speed up the process.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Sounds as if Hall working toward joining his college roommate on the Notre Dame
staff after his one and done with us....
Forever TU
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:37 pm Sounds as if Hall working toward joining his college roommate on the Notre Dame
How about we let the guy call a freaking play in a game before prognosticating about future events. Jeeeeeezus
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:37 pm Sounds as if Hall working toward joining his college roommate on the Notre Dame
Where did you read into that? Another of your brilliant posts. Absolutely brilliant.

And even if he is one and done, we're going to have an offense that's 10000% more fun to watch than we did in 2018.
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:12 pm
Where did you read into that? Another of your brilliant posts. Absolutely brilliant.

And even if he is one and done, we're going to have an offense that's 10000% more fun to watch than we did in 2018.
In the. NOLA COM article .
gbgreenie
Surge

“I got all theirs broke down for the last three years,” said Hall, who studies many of the more prolific passing offenses in the NFL, but his
roots lie with the run-based triple-option system
taught by his father in Mississippi for the better part of four decades.