Will Hall

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
wave97
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:37 pm Sounds as if Hall working toward joining his college roommate on the Notre Dame
staff after his one and done with us....
Sounds like his heart & eyes are set on the Grove. There should be an opening their soon....

Jaxwave
Swell

I follow the game threads and am really surprised at the negative opinions of our OC. With a true freshman QB, two true freshman and one true sophomore OLineman, all new WRs and the loss of maybe our best two breakaway RBs, this has been a phenomenal coaching job by Hall. Sure we can nitpick 8-10 playcalls a game both we and he wish we had back but my gosh had we known the circumstances above, we’d all have picked us to go about 2-9 with an offense averaging about 10-14 points a game. We’re lucky to have Coach Hall and dare I say it we’ll be lucky to keep him.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I have ben high on Hall all along. Unfortunately he will likely be USM's next coach. If he's not then their athletic department is completely inept.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
frpaulnola
Ripple

I agree completely with both posts!
Roll Wave!
A&S '83
Instructor @ TU 2005
Jaxwave
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:32 am I have ben high on Hall all along. Unfortunately he will likely be USM's next coach. If he's not then their athletic department is completely inept.
He would be crazy to take that job.
Tulane1111
High Tide

That is a great question, what is better job for a career move....... SEC coordinator or HC at Southern Miss?

Southern Miss is in a winnable conference (no dominate teams like some other conferences), good players & good legacy. Win and can go right to ACC/AAC caliber HC job.

Btw AAC offensive coordinator is a very good proven career path as well it seems.
wave97
Swell

He and Coach Kennedy would be the greatest loss on this staff.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:42 am
winwave wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:32 am I have ben high on Hall all along. Unfortunately he will likely be USM's next coach. If he's not then their athletic department is completely inept.
He'll make it look like a good job again.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:25 pm I follow the game threads and am really surprised at the negative opinions of our OC. With a true freshman QB, two true freshman and one true sophomore OLineman, all new WRs and the loss of maybe our best two breakaway RBs, this has been a phenomenal coaching job by Hall. Sure we can nitpick 8-10 playcalls a game both we and he wish we had back but my gosh had we known the circumstances above, we’d all have picked us to go about 2-9 with an offense averaging about 10-14 points a game. We’re lucky to have Coach Hall and dare I say it we’ll be lucky to keep him.
As to the line we start two seniors (one is a 5th year player), two juniors and a soph. who played a lot last year and started 5 or so games last year.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Facilites...an no F#@king nimbys to put up with
https://southernmiss.com/sports/2018/6/ ... _html.aspx
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Tulane1111
High Tide

We are top 30 in points scored and number 2 in number of touchdowns scored. Only BYU has more touchdowns.
Jaxwave
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:53 am
Jaxwave wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:25 pm I follow the game threads and am really surprised at the negative opinions of our OC. With a true freshman QB, two true freshman and one true sophomore OLineman, all new WRs and the loss of maybe our best two breakaway RBs, this has been a phenomenal coaching job by Hall. Sure we can nitpick 8-10 playcalls a game both we and he wish we had back but my gosh had we known the circumstances above, we’d all have picked us to go about 2-9 with an offense averaging about 10-14 points a game. We’re lucky to have Coach Hall and dare I say it we’ll be lucky to keep him.
As to the line we start two seniors (one is a 5th year player), two juniors and a soph. who played a lot last year and started 5 or so games last year.
I stand corrected. I thought Remetich, Tuggle and redshirt frosh Caleb Thomas all started.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Coach Hall must be retained no matter what it takes .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Ruski
Swell

Tulane1111 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:19 am We are top 30 in points scored and number 2 in number of touchdowns scored. Only BYU has more touchdowns.
We've played more games than any other team I think
GreenLantern
Riptide

Will Hall: He gone.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:08 am
winwave wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:53 am
I stand corrected. I thought Remetich, Tuggle and redshirt frosh Caleb Thomas all started.
They did get some starts in the middle of the season. Not now.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Two years was the O/U when Hall arrived. Hall has been a huge improvement over Ruse, but Fritz found Hall, and he can find another up and comer. 8 to 10 questionable play calls per game is a lot--and can easily make a huge difference in a game. Beyond specific play calls (which might have been on Hall or Fritz), my biggest problem with our offense is how we often stop ourselves by abandoning what is working--we've done that too many times over the past two seasons.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He doesn't make 8-10 questionable calls a game. The plays have been there all along. The execution hasn't.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:01 pm He doesn't make 8-10 questionable calls a game. The plays have been there all along. The execution hasn't.
to quote the late John McKay of USC and the Tampa Buc's...when asked about his Offenses' execution, he answered... "I'm all for it" !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:01 pm He doesn't make 8-10 questionable calls a game. The plays have been there all along. The execution hasn't.
Jaxman thinks it's 8 or 10. It may be fewer per game, but every game has been marked with some questionable play-calling--which among other things should take into account what your offense can execute. Perfect execution can overcome any play calling, but nobody executes perfectly, and Tulane's offense has been abysmal when it comes to execution--which raises another OC coaching question.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We have made quantum leaps on offense under Hall. He's done it with below average QB play till Pratt came along. The O-line continues to be bad. The WR group is bad. We still have something at RB but lost a true stud in Spears. Hall is not the problem. Damn glad we have him. He'll have USM beating us when we start that series.
gbgreenie
Surge

If Hall leaves give Shawn King a look he learned from the master of the Spread Offense Rodriquez and has contacts thought out Florida, home of many good receivers.
Former USF assistant, Bucs quarterback Shaun King lands new gig
The Gibbs High alumnus will be offensive coordinator at IMG Academy.
His last gig as a quarterbacks coach came at USF in 2016, when Quinton Flowers put together the most productive season (4,342 total yards, 42 total touchdowns) in program history. King was reassigned to the Bulls running backs when Charlie Strong was hired as coach, and was dismissed with all of Strong’s assistants by new coach Jeff Scott last December.

A Gibbs High alumnus, King, 43, became the first player in NCAA history to pass for at least 3,000 yards and run for at least 500 in the same year when he led Tulane to a 12-0 season in 1998.
Looks like Dannen And King are communicating on Twitter, looks good!!!
shaun king Retweeted
Troy Dannen
@Tulane_AD
Proud of
@GreenWaveFB
who arrived on campus June 15 and did everything required to be in a position to play the great game of football. We asked them to adapt to behaviors required during this pandemic and they did. #RollWave
6:28 PM · Sep 11, 2020·Tweetbot for iΟS
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:51 am
Jaxwave wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:42 am
He'll make it look like a good job again.
He could win there and being so young he needs a resume building job.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

OC's like PK's are on every corner......just ask Rich Rod...on a USM note, it is just as good of a resume building job as La-Laf, if not better, simply because of C-USA over the Sun Belt
swampnik
Surge

gbgreenie wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:35 am If Hall leaves give Shawn King a look he learned from the master of the Spread Offense Rodriquez and has contacts thought out Florida, home of many good receivers.
Former USF assistant, Bucs quarterback Shaun King lands new gig
The Gibbs High alumnus will be offensive coordinator at IMG Academy.
His last gig as a quarterbacks coach came at USF in 2016, when Quinton Flowers put together the most productive season (4,342 total yards, 42 total touchdowns) in program history. King was reassigned to the Bulls running backs when Charlie Strong was hired as coach, and was dismissed with all of Strong’s assistants by new coach Jeff Scott last December.

A Gibbs High alumnus, King, 43, became the first player in NCAA history to pass for at least 3,000 yards and run for at least 500 in the same year when he led Tulane to a 12-0 season in 1998.
Looks like Dannen And King are communicating on Twitter, looks good!!!
shaun king Retweeted
Troy Dannen
@Tulane_AD
Proud of
@GreenWaveFB
who arrived on campus June 15 and did everything required to be in a position to play the great game of football. We asked them to adapt to behaviors required during this pandemic and they did. #RollWave
6:28 PM · Sep 11, 2020·Tweetbot for iΟS
If Hall leaves, I would be all in favor of the return of da King to uptown!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)