Will Hall

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:49 am
Highwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 am A lot of you are jumping to conclusions re Will Hall. No reports that he interviewed for the job. Chill out.

I personally am excited to have a highly sought after OC, especially one who is motivated to kick as much ass as he can (leading our offense) to get a better gig.
+1,000,000
This!
Please, let this continue to be "our problem".
Last edited by wave97 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:00 am
Highwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 am A lot of you are jumping to conclusions re Will Hall. No reports that he interviewed for the job. Chill out.

I personally am excited to have a highly sought after OC, especially one who is motivated to kick as much ass as he can (leading our offense) to get a better gig.
Except that there are reports that's he's interviewed for at least two jobs since signing on with Tulane. While I understand how the coaching game works, especially a levels below head coach, geez dude, show some committment.

Also, I'm not sure characterizing him as "a highly sought after OC", is accurate. As pointed out above, he had one year as OC for the Cajuns under Hud. He was well-respected as a coach by Cajun fans close to the program though there was doubt as to how much he was actually coordinating the offense since Hud was apparently doing most of the game planning and play-calling.

I tihnk Hall needs to get to work for Tulane IMHO and stop looking for a better offer.
I’m pretty sure being hired by an AAC as first choice for a newly opened OC position, then a week later being interviewed for OC position at Ole Miss, then being interviewed for a head coaching position at an elite G4 school counts as being highly sought after.
Highwave
Low Tide

Except that there are reports that's he's interviewed for at least two jobs since signing on with Tulane. While I understand how the coaching game works, especially a levels below head coach, geez dude, show some committment.

Also, I'm not sure characterizing him as "a highly sought after OC", is accurate. As pointed out above, he had one year as OC for the Cajuns under Hud. He was well-respected as a coach by Cajun fans close to the program though there was doubt as to how much he was actually coordinating the offense since Hud was apparently doing most of the game planning and play-calling.

I tihnk Hall needs to get to work for Tulane IMHO and stop looking for a better offer.
Except that there are no reports that he has interviewed for the Troy gig. None.

I cannot believe that I have to explain this to someone of your age, but being "highly sought after" has nothing to do with his coaching history and everything to do with current interest from prospective employers.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:35 am

I’m pretty sure being hired by an AAC as first choice for a newly opened OC position, then a week later being interviewed for OC position at Ole Miss, then being interviewed for a head coaching position at an elite G4 school counts as being highly sought after.
Except Highwave sez there are no reports that he's been interviewed by Troy. None.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Highwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 am

Except that there are no reports that he has interviewed for the Troy gig. None.

I cannot believe that I have to explain this to someone of your age, but being "highly sought after" has nothing to do with his coaching history and everything to do with current interest from prospective employers.
Let's see, current interest from prospecitve employers.

So, one job interview after Tulane hired him and he's highly sought after? Or have there been other interviews? It's all so confusing having one Tulane fan claim he's wanted by an elite G4 and another saying there's no evidence of any such interview.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Highwave
Low Tide

Clearly, Troy seems to have interest. Just because it isn't/wasn't reciprocal interest, does not make it less relevant to whether he should be considered "highly sought after". Try to keep up, Cajun
cajunfanatico
Swell

Highwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:11 am Clearly, Troy seems to have interest. Just because it isn't/wasn't reciprocal interest, does not make it less relevant to whether he should be considered "highly sought after". Try to keep up, Cajun
What are you talking about? Are there reports that Hall interviewed with Troy, or not? Or are you say Troy reached out to Hall but he declined to interview for the job?

While I can't say Hall would be interested in the HC job at Troy, it's not exactly chopped liver. They pay a decent salary and have very nice facilities. Plus they're smack in the middle of what he'd likely consider his footprint for recruiting.

I posted a tweet by a guy at ESPN who says there was an interview, but that may not be what you term a "report".

For what it's worth, Troy fans seem to think they're going to hire Jon Sumrall.
wave97
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:44 am
Highwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:11 am Clearly, Troy seems to have interest. Just because it isn't/wasn't reciprocal interest, does not make it less relevant to whether he should be considered "highly sought after". Try to keep up, Cajun
What are you talking about? Are there reports that Hall interviewed with Troy, or not? Or are you say Troy reached out to Hall but he declined to interview for the job?

While I can't say Hall would be interested in the HC job at Troy, it's not exactly chopped liver. They pay a decent salary and have very nice facilities. Plus they're smack in the middle of what he'd likely consider his footprint for recruiting.

I posted a tweet by a guy at ESPN who says there was an interview, but that may not be what you term a "report".

Plug your ears Troy. Has THE SCREAMER arrived?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm with CF, in that I read a few different reports that Hall had discussions with Troy. Whether or not it got to the point of a formal interview I don't know. For all we know they could have called and he could have said "no thanks." Yes, it's great that he's thought of well enough to draw interest. But it's time to focus on the job he's about one month into.

If he has the same interest level in December, we will have had a fun season. That's what I'm hoping for.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Highwave
Low Tide

Perhaps you should change your name to cajunconfuso
cajunfanatico
Swell

Highwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:48 pm

At least get the spelling right. That would be, Cajunconfundido.

So, has there been a meeting betwee Troy and Hall, or not?
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

:lol:
He is good for a chuckle. As was linked in the beginning of the thread Adam Rittenberg of espn said that Hall interviewed as did 3 others.

cajunfanatico
Swell

Highwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 am

:roll:
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Here is the latest- looks like it’s between sumrall and Lindsey

www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-f ... candidates
RobertM320
Green Wave

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:26 pm

:lol:
He is good for a chuckle. As was linked in the beginning of the thread Adam Rittenberg of espn said that Hall interviewed as did 3 others.

Actually, there's a substantial difference between "has spoken to" and "been interviewed by". If they called him, discussed it briefly over the phone, and he said I'll pass, then that technically would meet the first, but not the second phrase.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Exactly. Were "discussions" a formal interview, or was it a case of Troy calling and Hall saying "I have a job I"m committed to." ? Or was it somewhere in between?

I'd love it if Hall came out on social media and said "I'm committed to Tulane as OC and am not interested in another job at this time." That would give us all a comfort level that's been lacking since he tweeted "roll wave" when he took his name out of the Ole Miss OC candidates pool. The roller coaster bothers us fans. Imagine if you are Justin McMillan, who just transferred here in late August, now learning a new offense for the second time in 4 or 5 months, not knowing if this will be the offense the team runs come August 29th.
cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:19 pm
Actually, there's a substantial difference between "has spoken to" and "been interviewed by". If they called him, discussed it briefly over the phone, and he said I'll pass, then that technically would meet the first, but not the second phrase.
Furthermore, since we're splitting hairs, does a tweet by an ESPN guy represent a report or should it be considered only a comment, or perhaps astory or a mention. Does the fact that it was an ESPN guy mean that it has significant weight, some weight, or no weight at all?

We need answers.
Highwave
Low Tide

Cajun, I will try to make this as simple as I can.

First, you posted a tweet by a guy at ESPN who merely claims that Hall had "spoken to the school" - which does not mean he interviewed. Accordingly, I said that there were no reports that he interviewed, and I still have not seen any tweets/reports from you, or otherwise, indicating that he interviewed for the position. An "interview" versus "speaking to the school" is a distinction that "a guy at ESPN" well knows.

Now, we know that Troy spoke to him about their opening (see your tweet) and per your post claiming to have seen a "number of Troy fans mention his name as being in the discussion." I assumed you were not lying, and therefore referred to Hall as being "highly sought after" based upon this information.

Next, you claimed that Hall was not "highly sought after" because his only OC experience prior to TU was at lowly UL-L. I corrected this fallacy, noting that the current interest level in hiring Hall, rather than his coaching history, determined whether he was "highly sought after."

Still confused, you then attempted to use my assertion that there are no reports that Hall interviewed for the Troy job to undermine my claim that Hall was "highly sought after." I, subsequently, noted that whether he interviewed or not has nothing to do with whether he is "highly sought after" because his interest in a job has nothing to do with whether he is sought after.

Plainly, and follow along closely, if Troy was interested and made an effort to speak with him to gauge his interest in the job, he was "sought after".

Of course, whether being considered for the OC job at OM and the HC job at Troy constitutes being "highly sought after" is a separate debate. (And whether he interviewed at Troy, of course, does not factor into that debate.)
cajunfanatico
Swell

Highwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:25 pm Cajun, I will try to make this as simple as I can.

First, you posted a tweet by a guy at ESPN who merely claims that Hall had "spoken to the school" - which does not mean he interviewed. Accordingly, I said that there were no reports that he interviewed, and I still have not seen any tweets/reports from you, or otherwise, indicating that he interviewed for the position. An "interview" versus "speaking to the school" is a distinction that "a guy at ESPN" well knows.

Now, we know that Troy spoke to him about their opening (see your tweet) and per your post claiming to have seen a "number of Troy fans mention his name as being in the discussion." I assumed you were not lying, and therefore referred to Hall as being "highly sought after" based upon this information.

Next, you claimed that Hall was not "highly sought after" because his only OC experience prior to TU was at lowly UL-L. I corrected this fallacy, noting that the current interest level in hiring Hall, rather than his coaching history, determined whether he was "highly sought after."

Still confused, you then attempted to use my assertion that there are no reports that Hall interviewed for the Troy job to undermine my claim that Hall was "highly sought after." I, subsequently, noted that whether he interviewed or not has nothing to do with whether he is "highly sought after" because his interest in a job has nothing to do with whether he is sought after.

Plainly, and follow along closely, if Troy was interested and made an effort to speak with him to gauge his interest in the job, he was "sought after".

Of course, whether being considered for the OC job at OM and the HC job at Troy constitutes being "highly sought after" is a separate debate. (And whether he interviewed at Troy, of course, does not factor into that debate.)
Can you repeat that in Spanish?

Seriously, the ONE thing we don't know in all of this is who contacted who first. Amirite?
GreenLantern
Riptide

Highwave, you're only adding to your own frustration by responding to the cajun troll. He exults in provoking responses from any Tulane supporter. If the beauty of this forum is in its acceptance of open dialog, its downside is that we must tolerate jackassery. Do yourself a favor and let it go.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I find him worth a chuckle
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

:lol: :roll: CajunFanatico, this is for you:
Cajun, intentaré hacer esto tan simple como pueda.

Primero, publicaste un tweet de un chico de ESPN que simplemente afirma que Hall había "hablado con la escuela", lo que no significa que haya sido entrevistado. En consecuencia, dije que no había informes que entrevistó, y aún no he visto ningún tweets / informes tuyos, o de otro modo, lo que indica que se entrevistó para el puesto. Una "entrevista" frente a "hablar en la escuela" es una distinción que "un chico de ESPN" sabe muy bien.

Ahora, sabemos que Troy habló con él sobre su apertura (consulte su tweet) y por su publicación que afirma haber visto a un "número de fanáticos de Troy mencionar su nombre como parte de la discusión". Supuse que no mentía y, por lo tanto, me referí a Hall como "muy buscado" en base a esta información.

A continuación, afirmó que Hall no era "muy buscado" porque su única experiencia de OC antes de TU fue de UL-L. Corrigí esta falacia, señalando que el nivel de interés actual en la contratación de Hall, en lugar de su historial de coaching, determinaba si era "muy buscado".

Todavía confundido, luego intentó utilizar mi afirmación de que no hay informes que Hall haya entrevistado para el trabajo de Troy para socavar mi afirmación de que Hall fue "muy buscado". Yo, posteriormente, noté que si fue entrevistado o no tiene nada que ver con si es "muy buscado" porque su interés en un trabajo no tiene nada que ver con si lo buscan.

Sencillamente, y seguirlo de cerca, si Troy estaba interesado e hizo un esfuerzo por hablar con él para evaluar su interés en el trabajo, fue "buscado".

Por supuesto, si ser considerado para el trabajo de OC en OM y el trabajo de HC en Troy constituye ser "muy buscado" es un debate separado. (Y si el entrevistado en Troy, por supuesto, no toma en cuenta ese debate).
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 pm :lol: :roll: CajunFanatico, this is for you:
Cajun, intentaré hacer esto tan simple como pueda.

Primero, publicaste un tweet de un chico de ESPN que simplemente afirma que Hall había "hablado con la escuela", lo que no significa que haya sido entrevistado. En consecuencia, dije que no había informes que entrevistó, y aún no he visto ningún tweets / informes tuyos, o de otro modo, lo que indica que se entrevistó para el puesto. Una "entrevista" frente a "hablar en la escuela" es una distinción que "un chico de ESPN" sabe muy bien.

Ahora, sabemos que Troy habló con él sobre su apertura (consulte su tweet) y por su publicación que afirma haber visto a un "número de fanáticos de Troy mencionar su nombre como parte de la discusión". Supuse que no mentía y, por lo tanto, me referí a Hall como "muy buscado" en base a esta información.

A continuación, afirmó que Hall no era "muy buscado" porque su única experiencia de OC antes de TU fue de UL-L. Corrigí esta falacia, señalando que el nivel de interés actual en la contratación de Hall, en lugar de su historial de coaching, determinaba si era "muy buscado".

Todavía confundido, luego intentó utilizar mi afirmación de que no hay informes que Hall haya entrevistado para el trabajo de Troy para socavar mi afirmación de que Hall fue "muy buscado". Yo, posteriormente, noté que si fue entrevistado o no tiene nada que ver con si es "muy buscado" porque su interés en un trabajo no tiene nada que ver con si lo buscan.

Sencillamente, y seguirlo de cerca, si Troy estaba interesado e hizo un esfuerzo por hablar con él para evaluar su interés en el trabajo, fue "buscado".

Por supuesto, si ser considerado para el trabajo de OC en OM y el trabajo de HC en Troy constituye ser "muy buscado" es un debate separado. (Y si el entrevistado en Troy, por supuesto, no toma en cuenta ese debate).
Muchisimas gracias DT. Como siempre, eres un caballero y creo de todas las personas aqui, eres el mas inteligente, humilde, y por supuesto. guapo. Es un placer conocerte como un amigo.

Dios te bendiga DT, y el joven valiente Zac tambien.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Chip Lindsey expected to be next head coach at Troy

http://footballscoop.com/news/source-ch ... oach-troy/
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:15 pm
Muchisimas gracias DT. Como siempre, eres un caballero y creo de todas las personas aqui, eres el mas inteligente, humilde, y por supuesto. guapo. Es un placer conocerte como un amigo.

Dios te bendiga DT, y el joven valiente Zac tambien.
Thank God for Google translate! I've been doing a lot of business in Mexico and Latin America not being fluent!

¡Hablo muy poco español, pero fui a la escuela para mi último semestre en Tulane en la Universidad Iberoamericana! Algunos de los españoles me están regresando cuando me asignaron responsabilidades de ventas en LatAm el segundo trimestre del año pasado.

(I speak very little Spanish, but went to school for my final semester at Tulane at Universidad Iberoamericana! Some of the Spanish is coming back to me as I was given LatAm sales responsibilities Q2 last year.)