Will Hall

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
cajunfanatico
Swell

I've seen a number of Troy fans mention his name as being in the discussion. Don't know how solid the information is though.

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

His name was mentioned in an article in Alabama last week when it appeared Brown would get the job.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't know how much stock to put into this, but at some point Coach Fritz has to tell Will Hall that he's either here through the 2019 season, or he's gone. No more interviews. This is getting old fast.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:57 pm I don't know how much stock to put into this, but at some point Coach Fritz has to tell Will Hall that he's either here through the 2019 season, or he's gone. No more interviews. This is getting old fast.
I agree, it smacks of using Tulane for leverage into another position. Had he put in a full year, it would be one thing, but right now the staff and team needs to know who'll be OC for this year.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Profoundwizard
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:57 pm I don't know how much stock to put into this, but at some point Coach Fritz has to tell Will Hall that he's either here through the 2019 season, or he's gone. No more interviews. This is getting old fast.
Right, let’s bring in another Doug Ruse type that nobody else would ever want
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I agree. Normally I would be ok but he’s interviewed enough already. It’s becoming a distraction. No doubt the next job opening he’ll be interested again. He’ll probably leave at the next best offer anyway. Hope he at least gets a year in at Tulane before bolting.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think some of it has to do with WHERE these openings are. Anything MS/AL/GA area is right in his wheelhouse. He has a history there. If this was Utah or Iowa, I don't think he'd be in the mix.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Let’s all take it easy this time (including myself). It’s a little crazy for hall to be up for this job when he was an OC for a single season at ULL. Seems like a big jump.

At this point will hall must have signed a contract right ? I’m thinking buy out. This offseason more than any other (Diaz, Kliff K, briles) seems to have led to coaches taking jobs, signing contracts and then leaving that job within a week. A lot of big buy outs are being built into contracts now, I hope we did the same. You can have Hall this year Troy but your better pony up.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Has Klingsbury left USC? Last I saw they were refusing to let him interview. I think there was NFL interest in him.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:19 pm Has Klingsbury left USC? Last I saw they were refusing to let him interview. I think there was NFL interest in him.
He was just hired as the head coach of the cardinals, 4 year deal
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:19 pm Has Klingsbury left USC? Last I saw they were refusing to let him interview. I think there was NFL interest in him.
USC has relented, and has allow him to intveiw with NFL Teams....looks like the Cardinals are the most interested
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:25 pm
He was just hired as the head coach of the cardinals, 4 year deal
U must have "hit" submit while I was typing my previous post....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

On the Troy boards everyone seems pretty convinced the deal is done and will be announced tmrw with it being either Sumrral or Lindsey. Take it worth a grain of sand
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope Hall has signed a Tulane contract that calls for a HUGE buyout if he leaves before he completes his first season. If that clause is not in place, I'd hope Fritz says to him "no more interviewing for another position until after the 2019 season." If he does, cut him loose just for interviewing. Enough is enough, and it's not good for our team, our recruiting or our fan base.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Hall does not give a damn about a current employer . Look at his past performance . His entire focus is on next . Hard to understand why Coach Fritz wanted the epitome of one and done on his staff . If he is not gone in a matter of days he will be gone no later than December 2019 .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:34 pm I hope Hall has signed a Tulane contract that calls for a HUGE buyout if he leaves before he completes his first season. If that clause is not in place, I'd hope Fritz says to him "no more interviewing for another position until after the 2019 season." If he does, cut him loose just for interviewing. Enough is enough, and it's not good for our team, our recruiting or our fan base.
I think WF and TD know a little bit about this. :roll:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

This Will Hall guy only cares about himself and does not give a crap about Coach Fritz, the assistant coaches, or players. I previously stated he should have gotten his ass canned after interviewing for the Ole Miss job and dragging out the process. Now he has interviewed with Troy. If he does nor get the Troy job what is the point of having Will Hall at Tulane for only one year and then having to hire a replacement who will want to implement a new offensive scheme after he leaves. It seems like a wasted year. Mine as well fire him now since he just recently got the Tulane job but won’t stop interviewing for other jobs.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Sunamiwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:16 am This Will Hall guy only cares about himself and does not give a crap about Coach Fritz, the assistant coaches, or players. I previously stated he should have gotten his ass canned after interviewing for the Ole Miss job and dragging out the process. Now he has interviewed with Troy. If he does nor get the Troy job what is the point of having Will Hall at Tulane for only one year and then having to hire a replacement who will want to implement a new offensive scheme after he leaves. It seems like a wasted year. Mine as well fire him now since he just recently got the Tulane job but won’t stop interviewing for other jobs.
this guy sounds more and more like Kliff Kingsbury !!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:06 am
He might be worse!

In my professional career, when I've started a new job I took myself off the market for at least a year (if the employer was a bad fit) but typically tried to make 5 years. I know coaching is different than wall street or software sales, but c'mon man, you just got this job and already you've been interviewing for 2 other ones. Just say no!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:38 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:06 am
He might be worse!

In my professional career, when I've started a new job I took myself off the market for at least a year (if the employer was a bad fit) but typically tried to make 5 years. I know coaching is different than wall street or software sales, but c'mon man, you just got this job and already you've been interviewing for 2 other ones. Just say no!
D...ya soundin' like Nancy Reagan...'just say no'
Highwave
Low Tide

A lot of you are jumping to conclusions re Will Hall. No reports that he interviewed for the job. Chill out.

I personally am excited to have a highly sought after OC, especially one who is motivated to kick as much ass as he can (leading our offense) to get a better gig.
anEngineer
Riptide

Highwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 am A lot of you are jumping to conclusions re Will Hall. No reports that he interviewed for the job. Chill out.

I personally am excited to have a highly sought after OC, especially one who is motivated to kick as much ass as he can (leading our offense) to get a better gig.
Unverifyable hystery lives here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Highwave wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 am A lot of you are jumping to conclusions re Will Hall. No reports that he interviewed for the job. Chill out.

+1,000,000
Bigschtick
Riptide

[quote=Sunamiwave post_id=185696 time=1547018181 user_id=604]
This Will Hall guy only cares about himself and does not give a crap about Coach Fritz, the assistant coaches, or players. I previously stated he should have gotten his ass canned after interviewing for the Ole Miss job and dragging out the process. Now he has interviewed with Troy. If he does nor get the Troy job what is the point of having Will Hall at Tulane for only one year and then having to hire a replacement who will want to implement a new offensive scheme after he leaves. It seems like a wasted year. Mine as well fire him now since he just recently got the Tulane job but won’t stop interviewing for other jobs.
[/quote]

Agree 100%. This is getting real old.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
cajunfanatico
Swell

Except that there are reports that's he's interviewed for at least two jobs since signing on with Tulane. While I understand how the coaching game works, especially a levels below head coach, geez dude, show some committment.

Also, I'm not sure characterizing him as "a highly sought after OC", is accurate. As pointed out above, he had one year as OC for the Cajuns under Hud. He was well-respected as a coach by Cajun fans close to the program though there was doubt as to how much he was actually coordinating the offense since Hud was apparently doing most of the game planning and play-calling.

I tihnk Hall needs to get to work for Tulane IMHO and stop looking for a better offer.