SMU beats Tulane 74-65

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:27 am
winwave wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:15 am
GreenLantern wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:34 am
netshorty wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:02 am Good to have lofty goals. So tired of hearing how hard we played and we never give up. Seems like a good trait but it becomes nauseating when it's the only positive ever said and at times doesn't even feel true.
In the post-game interview, Dunleavy made the remark (I'm paraphrasing): It's a shame to admit but we're trying to get our guys to play hard for the entire game.

What? So isn't that on him?
In the article I linked he indicated it's a generational thing:

“Playing hard is a great skill that seems to be harder to come by in today’s world than it ever has been,” Dunleavy said. “That’s our one goal right now is trying to get our guys to play for 40 minutes.”
It's harder to come by at Tulane because of the loser mentality. Hard to get excited about a beat down on each game day. Or the embarrassment of struggling against the worst D1 programs. And if it was a generational thing, are other programs recruiting and made up of players from a different generation then Tulane. Seems unfair! :roll:

The reality is it doesn't matter a lick about whether it's true or not about this generation of players. It's an even playing field across all schools.
I agree. I was just giving his full quote on the subject.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:14 am Sehic seems to have the best basketball "smarts" on the team. He was the best player returning, and it's puzzling why he's been a no show for most of the season. He lead the AAC in FG% last year and has fallen off tremendously. Maybe he's trying to take on too much? But clearly he needs to be coached up.

We do miss Ray Ona Embo a whole lot as well. Say what you will about his talents, but he's another mature player with experience playing against some very talented opponents. I would bet you'd see less players standing around on the offensive end if ROE were at the point.

I'm not making excuses for Dunleavy, and still think he's got to go.
There are not a lot of good big men in the AAC. Last year they started feeding it to him low and that's how he ended up with the best %. They started doing that again yesterday. Before that we had him playing away from the goal a good bit. He can hit the three some but if he's going to help this team it will be down low. As for smarts he does have them but Daniels clearly has the best. He also was the best returning player as far as ability.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

At least Dunleavy is trying something different. It may or may not work, but something different has to be attempted!

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 9ac15.html
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V