Cincy Destroys the Wave 93-61

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Struggling Wave opens AAC play at Cincy:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... d281b.html

The game is at 5:30 on CBSSN. Cincy is favored by 21 1/2.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
netshorty
Surge

winwave wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:30 pm Struggling Wave opens AAC play at Cincy:

Just the spread should get Dunleavy fired. Harvard not even getting that at #15 UNC.(-16)
WavyHoops
High Tide

netshorty wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:31 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:30 pm Struggling Wave opens AAC play at Cincy:

Just the spread should get Dunleavy fired. Harvard not even getting that at #15 UNC.(-16)
Harvard is a much better team than the Green Wave right now (as are Yale and Penn and maybe Brown and Princeton too). Similar or even inferior talent levels but much better coaching.
GreenLantern
Riptide

We have to hit rock bottom at some point, but I'm not sure the Ala A&M game was it. Take Cincy and lay the 21 1/2 points.
Wave755
Tsunami

Jeff Sagarin ranks Cincy 18, Tulane 261. :clap: And, we are ranked by Sagarin last in our conference; even East Carolina is ranked 229.

Sad, truly sad, and disgraceful.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/s ... onference/
netshorty
Surge

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 am We have to hit rock bottom at some point, but I'm not sure the Ala A&M game was it. Take Cincy and lay the 21 1/2 points.
Gonna have to lay 23 now as 2/3 of the action is on Cincy still. What would rock bottom look like if it wasn't Alabama A&M? Going winless in conference arguably isn't as bad as going winless in that Atlantic City tourney.
GreenLantern
Riptide

32-15 Cincy leads easily midway through the first half
Sunamiwave
High Tide

This is embarrassing. Mike Dunleavy should stay in Cincinatti and not even bother returning to New Orleans. I would not even want him coaching a division two or three team. What in the heck was Blake Paul thinking grabbing the Cincinatti player around the neck and throwing him to the floor. Paul deserved to be ejected and has been a huge disappointment.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Let's see: We cannot shoot, cannot rebound, cannot play D. What does this team do well?

Oh, we're GREAT at adding a W to our opponents win column.

Anyone that thinks Dunleavy has earned year 4 needs to wake up. This team is epic in its' ineptitude.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

This is what a college bball trainwreck looks like. Two techs including the ejection of ur senior center.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Cronin makes time for his daughter, what a guy.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I feel sorry for Graf, who has about 20 games left to sit through. We can turn it off, he doesn't have that option. I also feel sorry for the players and staff to suffer through what must be a brutal season. I know they're giving it their best, it's just not working.

And I think Mike Dunleavy is a class act. If the season is an absolute disaster, I would hope he steps down.
Last edited by DfromCT on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Gee no wonder we can’t win we don’t guard the 3 at all. Final Cincy cruises 93-61.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

What happened to Blake Paul ? I feel like he had reasonable contributions last year and this would be a year he could take another step
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:51 pm What happened to Blake Paul ? I feel like he had reasonable contributions last year and this would be a year he could take another step
Got the boot 1st half for hooking and throwing a player down to the ground while the ball was in play.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Eaglewave
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:59 pm Jeff Sagarin ranks Cincy 18, Tulane 261. :clap: And, we are ranked by Sagarin last in our conference; even East Carolina is ranked 229.

Sad, truly sad, and disgraceful.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/s ... onference/
Damn!
Ball Sumrall!
WavyHoops
High Tide

Why is there never a post-game press conference with Dunleavy or any players? Say what you want about Fritz's coaching but even after some brutal losses he faced the music.
Eaglewave
Swell

Dannen! Please dial up Steve Alford and check to see if he is interested in cleaning up the messy pot of gumbo! We stink!
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

WavyHoops wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:21 pm Why is there never a post-game press conference with Dunleavy or any players? Say what you want about Fritz's coaching but even after some brutal losses he faced the music.
Yup. Even CJ faced up.
Ball Sumrall!
GreenLantern
Riptide

WavyHoops wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:21 pm Why is there never a post-game press conference with Dunleavy or any players? Say what you want about Fritz's coaching but even after some brutal losses he faced the music.
If you listen to the radio broadcast (1280-New Orleans or iHeart streaming), Graf always has Coach D on the air for about 5 minutes post-game. He also does a 10-15 min segment pregame.
WavyHoops
High Tide

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:25 pm
If you listen to the radio broadcast (1280-New Orleans or iHeart streaming), Graf always has Coach D on the air for about 5 minutes post-game. He also does a 10-15 min segment pregame.
Thank you for that information.

Tulane Football's twitter account always broadcasts Fritz's remarks. Odd that there's not some uniformity in how these things are done.

So what did Coach have to day about the game?
GreenLantern
Riptide

WavyHoops wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:31 pm

Tulane Football's twitter account always broadcasts Fritz's remarks. Odd that there's not some uniformity in how these things are done.

I only listened to the first couple of minutes. He remarked that we opened up playing well and making shots. He also said that Cincy's shooting was off-the-charts-good for the first few minutes of the game. I'm confident that nothing we wanted to hear was said thereafter. I made a recent post stating my wish that Dunleavy would emote during these post-game interviews. Show frustration. Anger. Disappointment. Commitment to improving. Anything to indicate that he was dissatisfied with the performance. What we've heard has been vanilla mush. It's the typical NBA talking points: lose and say little; win and say even less.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:51 pm What happened to Blake Paul ? I feel like he had reasonable contributions last year and this would be a year he could take another step
Looks like he’s already moved on, doesn’t it?
WavyHoops
High Tide

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:43 pm
WavyHoops wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:31 pm

I only listened to the first couple of minutes. He remarked that we opened up playing well and making shots. He also said that Cincy's shooting was off-the-charts-good for the first few minutes of the game. I'm confident that nothing we wanted to hear was said thereafter. I made a recent post stating my wish that Dunleavy would emote during these post-game interviews. Show frustration. Anger. Disappointment. Commitment to improving. Anything to indicate that he was dissatisfied with the performance. What we've heard has been vanilla mush. It's the typical NBA talking points: lose and say little; win and say even less.
Seems pretty clear that MD knows this team stinks, has moved on from one senior (Paul) and is keeping the other (Cornish) on the floor because he's the only player who can get his own shot and do any kind of one-on-one scoring in AAC play. Is likely hoping that he gets another season with these freshmen and sophomores plus Jordan Walker becoming eligible and that, for Dannen, that's a better prospect than blowing it all up completely.