The Legend and the Myth of the Halftime Adjustment

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Halftime tweaks also happen on a much smaller scale in less significant games, like the one Tulane made last season to pull off a third-quarter fake punt after Green Wave coaches had recognized a vulnerability in East Carolina’s punt coverage team.
Tulane coach Willie Fritz is a 58-year-old journeyman in the profession, having spent time at every level of football—high school, junior college, Division II, FCS and now FBS. “I’ve been in some bad road locker rooms,” he says. He has operated from one junior college visiting locker room without bathrooms. Players were forced, in their gear and all, to do their business in the stadium alongside fans.
An interesting read:

https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... =si-ncaafb

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

A truly good read. It seemed to me that many of Scelfo's teams got beat by the opponents making adjustments during the halftime break and Tulane not making counter-adjustments. I'd be interested in the thoughts of those that were in the Scelfo locker rooms, as I could be totally off base.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:10 pm A truly good read. It seemed to me that many of Scelfo's teams got beat by the opponents making adjustments during the halftime break and Tulane not making counter-adjustments. I'd be interested in the thoughts of those that were in the Scelfo locker rooms, as I could be totally off base.
Today's Duke-Temple game would be an excellent one to examine. Something happened in that locker room. Night and day first half to second.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:10 pm A truly good read. It seemed to me that many of Scelfo's teams got beat by the opponents making adjustments during the halftime break and Tulane not making counter-adjustments. I'd be interested in the thoughts of those that were in the Scelfo locker rooms, as I could be totally off base.

And, what about "Buddy Ball"? If football were a 30 minute game, Buddy Teevens would have had a winning record at Tulane. And, I don't think lack of depth was the cause since I believe the 1996 squad had as much talent as any Wave team of my lifetime.