Dunleavy Dumpster fire continues Wave falls to win less Alabama A&M 67-59

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

At 11.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Mighty A&M was 0-11 prior to today's game. As a season ticket holder, I'm pretty humiliated.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

This is unbelievable!
oliveandblue
Surge

This guy is worse than Conroy.

I think you are justified in firing him midseason at this point.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It's time to pull the plug. The Dunleavy experiment has failed miserably.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

In the post-game interview, Coach Dunleavy seemed devoid of any emotion. I would like to hear him go a little 'Jim Mora' and express something. Anger. Frustration. Embarassment. Something.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

No Sir just pay me. $$$$$ I don’t care if I win or lose . It’s about my paycheck I am not worried about getting fired , cause I won’t . There is no list to go to next to replace me . $$$$$$
Houma de Wave
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:45 pm Mighty A&M was 0-11 prior to today's game. As a season ticket holder, I'm pretty humiliated.
I second that emotion. This is ridiculous!
oliveandblue
Surge

Hornetswave wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:27 pm No Sir just pay me. $$$$$ I don’t care if I win or lose . It’s about my paycheck I am not worried about getting fired , cause I won’t . There is no list to go to next to replace me . $$$$$$
If you keep a guy like this we'll get kicked out of the conference.

It doesn't matter what the buyout is at this point. Pay it, even out of money you didn't have or want to spend.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We just lost to an 0-11 team that was ranked last out of 350+ teams ranked by the Sagarin.
Why schedule an expensive northeast tournament to play
Towson 3-9
LaSalle 0-10
and Alabama A&M, also 0-10 and ranked last?
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Sunamiwave
High Tide

I wonder if the contract with Dunleavy has a non-performance clause that says something to the effect of if you lose to the worst teams in NCAA Division One basketball based on their RPI and if it is obvious to the average person that you have given up that Tulane can fire you with cause and not owe you any remaining money that’s left on your contract.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Something is rotten in the locker room. The team is getting much worse as the season goes on

Your two year starting center doesn’t even see the court. I wonder if Paul mouthed off.
dpm wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:04 pm We just lost to an 0-11 team that was ranked last out of 350+ teams ranked by the Sagarin.
Why schedule an expensive northeast tournament to play
Towson 3-9
LaSalle 0-10
and Alabama A&M, also 0-10 and ranked last?
So you can try and claim a "tournament Championship?"
Just a wild guess.
Time to dump Dunleavy.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fireable.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
netshorty
Surge

this will be TD's biggest test.
1. must admit he was wrong
2. must do damage control and answer why couldn't an NBA coach of the year be successful at Tulane.
3. must not swing and miss again.

Let's bring back the Posse coaching staff. Carlin Hartman as head cosch and Kim Lewis as director of basketball/recruiting. .
Show Me
Tsunami

Will go down as the worst loss in a Tulane basketball history.
RobertM320
Green Wave

netshorty wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:26 pm this will be TD's biggest test.
1. must admit he was wrong
2. must do damage control and answer why couldn't an NBA coach of the year be successful at Tulane.
3. must not swing and miss again.

Let's bring back the Posse coaching staff. Carlin Hartman as head cosch and Kim Lewis as director of basketball/recruiting. .
Would they even be interested at this point? We're really in a bind right now, because if you fire Dunleavy, there's no looking for a coach mid-season. You go with an interim. Who would that be?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:39 pm Will go down as the worst loss in a Tulane basketball history.
and the Coach is still employed !!!...Amazin'
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
puffy
Surge

Show Me wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:39 pm Will go down as the worst loss in a Tulane basketball history.
It is up there with the loss to Prairie View A&M in 1998.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

puffy wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:33 pm
I thought of that as well. But they weren’t the worst RPI team in the nation at that time.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

puffy wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:33 pm
but the view of the prairie, northwest of downtown Houston is beautiful
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Free Fall!!!! Look out below!!!
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Ruski
Swell

There are some pieces on this roster. Time to bring someone in who can land some bigman talent and get this team to respectability. Get someone young and hungry or at least a Brian Gregory/Joe Dooley.
swampnik
Surge

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:21 pm In the post-game interview, Coach Dunleavy seemed devoid of any emotion. I would like to hear him go a little 'Jim Mora' and express something. Anger. Frustration. Embarassment. Something.
This might be a good thing that MD showed little emotion at the presser. We
saw the same emotionless Fritz answer questions after TU was at 2-5 and then a total turnaround of attitude for all following games and huge win streak and Bowl game. Yes, BB is not FB but conference is starting so "tabula raza" for CMD could become good juju going forward?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Eaglewave
Swell

My god! Help our men’s basketball program! This is unacceptable and it’s time for us as fans and alum to put pure heat on Troy Dannen to get rid of this failed experiment! It’s officially over! The season is over!

Alabama A&M had a combined record of 5-65 in their past 70 games coming into this one! What’s even sadder is that Dunleavy is 0-2 vs Alabama A&M! They beat us 68-67 the last time he saw them. This season, we have already dropped games vs in state programs ULaLa and SLU. Northwestern State, (who was trashed by ULM 80-52 this season) has already beaten Alabama A&M this season. Grambling (who predicted to win the SWAC) and Southern are both currently ranked higher than them. UNO could possibly be better than us. It’s not like they didn’t trash Dunleavy 74-59 in our last meeting with them! For the first time that I can remember, we could possibly lose to every division I program in Louisiana! Please debate it!

This guy has to go! The old show needs to be cancelled! It’s over!
Ball Sumrall!